Kenny Bell turning heads in practice

ADS

I mentioned Kenny Bell in my 2010 Bold Predictions Thread before the season. Coming in as a freshman, he was very undersized, but DAMN!! The tape I've seen on the kid is filthy. Give him the offseason to add some muscle to that frame. I've been excited about this kid ever since he committed.

Maud's 10 Bold Predictions Thread

Not bad, hit on most but maybe should've done 'Maud's 9 Bold Predictions'...#10 was a swing and miss....

I mentioned Kenny Bell in my 2010 Bold Predictions Thread before the season. Coming in as a freshman, he was very undersized, but DAMN!! The tape I've seen on the kid is filthy. Give him the offseason to add some muscle to that frame. I've been excited about this kid ever since he committed.

Not bad, hit on most but maybe should've done 'Maud's 9 Bold Predictions'...#10 was a swing and miss....

Oh snap. I just read through my predictions again...definitely wiffed on the Ricky Thenarse pick worse than he wiffs on tackles. The rest are pretty solid though.

A bump for that thread is in need.

i dont care if its Kenny Bell or some kid who we have never heard... we need someone to step up

BK is good but not a burner.... KB is a burner but a bad blocker... lets hope we can get a guy who can put it together in a complete package.. that would be nice...unrealistic... perhaps but nice never the less

Oh snap. I just read through my predictions again...definitely wiffed on the Ricky Thenarse pick worse than he wiffs on tackles. The rest are pretty solid though.

A bump for that thread is in need.

Everyone's a critic. Maybe your crystal ball was cloudy on that one. I still think Ricky got hurt which led to his tackling skills to deteriorate. I'll admit I dubbed him Captain Facemask but I think he had the ability to be a good one if he honed his tackling.

Encouraging indeed, but we get these reports about someone being the next big thing and the player usually fizzles out. I understand the message board hype, but until a guy produces on the field I'll reserve judgement. This is not a knock on aspeedlin or EZ-E or anyone else with good info, just my personal stance.

Hopfully we can get some solid receivers, how we miss Purify and Swift.

I fully agree with what you are saying ie Tray Rob. But Tray Rob is definately a different story. Kid went through a lot before this season. Regardless, the papers had BK pegged as the next Michael Crabtree before he even saw a snap at the D1 level.

It was nothing that this article wouldn't tell you. Spoke to him the other night and he is very excited to start playing next fall.

I would personally guarantee each one of you reading this thread that Kenny Bell would beat any Big 12 wide receiver in a foot race.

The article says he can catch, too. Does the guy have legit ball skills, or is speed his primary weapon? Curenski Gilleylen is fast, too, but his hands don't seem to have panned out. That, or he can't block like an offensive guard, and that's keeping him off the field.

I compare him a lot to Deshawn Jackson to be honest with you Knapplc. Not exactly going to go win a jump ball like Purify, but if you don't get a great jam on him at the LOS you will not have a chance to run with him. The drag route in space has Kenny's name written all over it. Same thing with the bubble and wide receiver screens.

GMoose, Kenny Bell came to Lincoln as a bean pole that needed to add weight in a huge way. Quincy was physically developed enough to play.

He'll never see the field for what reason only gilmore knows. When is Bo finally gonna step up and tell gilmore to get the best wr's on the field. If they are horrible at blocking then just call them out in game film review. After getting harassed by their peers they will learn soon enough. But we have to have best wr's on field when we're passing.

i dont care if its Kenny Bell or some kid who we have never heard... we need someone to step up

BK is good but not a burner.... KB is a burner but a bad blocker... lets hope we can get a guy who can put it together in a complete package.. that would be nice...unrealistic... perhaps but nice never the less

:yeah

And as much as we need some WRs to step up, we'll definitely need solid production from our TEs, even more so than what we've seen this year.

And as much as we need some WRs to step up, we'll definitely need solid production from our TEs, even more so than what we've seen this year.

Wouldn't you say this is more a product of having a project QB throwing passes than the TEs not stepping up? With Taylor learning on the job our passing game was always going to take a hit. I thought Kyler Reed had a fine season, honestly.

Knapplc, you think they are going to move Kyler to WR like they did with McNeil. Similar body types both move well and both have good hands. IMO I think they should but was looking for some more input from others.

As for Kenny, let's wait til we see him in action before deeming him the big home run threat we need. To many times have I been let down by receivers.

Knapplc, you think they are going to move Kyler to WR like they did with McNeil. Similar body types both move well and both have good hands. IMO I think they should but was looking for some more input from others.

I like the mismatches Reed gives to any LB, so I'd like to see him stay at TE. The guy can flat-out fly, and most LBs aren't going to be able to keep up with him. That's a heck of a weapon, and I'd hate to lose it.

We have 16 WRs coming back next year, including nine Freshmen/Redshirt Freshmen. If we can't get three of these 16 guys to go out there and consistently catch the ball, a coach needs to be fired.

I like the mismatches Reed gives to any LB, so I'd like to see him stay at TE. The guy can flat-out fly, and most LBs aren't going to be able to keep up with him. That's a heck of a weapon, and I'd hate to lose it.

We have 16 WRs coming back next year, including nine Freshmen/Redshirt Freshmen. If we can't get three of these 16 guys to go out there and consistently catch the ball, a coach needs to be fired.

Boom. No doubt about it. Time to pay the piper, Gilmore.

Wouldn't you say this is more a product of having a project QB throwing passes than the TEs not stepping up? With Taylor learning on the job our passing game was always going to take a hit. I thought Kyler Reed had a fine season, honestly.

Yes, you're right. Reed had a fantastic season, and Cotton wasn't too bad either. I guess I was trying to say we need to continue to depend on our TEs in the passing game. They've already stepped up in a big way for us, and they'll need to keep that going next year because our WR corps won't be as strong as it's been this year (strong might not be the right word, but you get it).