Huskies have sold their seats

This bowl match up is mostly our own fault for not winning the Championship game, but like most Husker fans I don't like blaming ourselves so your next best thing is to blame USC, if they weren't banned from bowl games this year we wouldn't be playing the Huskies.

You're right on. As much as all of us may hate USC and love to see them with sanctions, unfortunately it really hurt us this year too. The Huskers are being penalized because USC cheats. I would say an NU-USC matchup would sell out quick even if it were in San Diego again. The matchup just isn't there for us. It sucks for sure.

I'm not a fan of all the crying about us having to play Washington again... Who cares??? You should support your Huskers no matter what! There shouldn't be any of this whining about who we play.. What's the worst that happens? You go see your favorite team dominate? Heck yes!

If you can go, then get there! That's what we're all about. Hell, I've even got two Ohio State fans, and a Missouri fan coming to cheer us on... :bigredn::restore:koolaid2::bonesflag:

WOW, I couldn't have said it any better myself! I'm tired of everyone whining and crying like 5 year olds.. People need to respect the opponent and respect the game of football. I realize that we got screwed out of playing Iowa in the Insight bowl, give it a rest..All this "nobody cares about the holiday bowl" crap needs to stop. If they don't care about the holiday bowl.. screw em.. we don't need em.. At least we know all the whiners will stay home and only DIE HARD fans show up.. I got my ticket and you better believe I will be so jacked for the game.

Good to know that there is others that feel the same way.

I went to the game in Seattle and it was one of the best times of my life.. I am going to the game in San Diego with a Texas fan who used to be on my ship, USS PELELIU, when I was stationed in San Diego.. I can't wait to get back out there!! Here are 3 vids I took at the Washington game..

"If someone gives you a meal, you don't say, this bacon isn't crispy enough..JUST EAT IT!!!" :throwdabones1::bigredn::bonez:bonesflag:

I agree with Todd. The wife and I were planning to attend either the Fiesta or Insight because we have a family friend that lives in Arizona that we could've stayed with. Now that plan is out the window we will not be attending a Bowl game in Arizona and could careless about this bowl game.

You can't attend like you had planned, so now you could care less about the game? :facepalm:

nut up people.

There's nothing wrong with not going due to finances, but to boycott a bowl game because you're pissed that we got a consolation bowl is BS. We got to this bowl by losing to Oklahoma.... Deal with it. Don't shaft YOUR Huskers by not showing your support for them at the game because you're trying to prove an insignificant point...

I'll still be watching on TV, which is all I would have done no matter what bowl game we made it to. I don't have enough money to go to any bowl game.

However, the University is going to actually lose money on this bowl game, as are the fans, obviously. And we're losing money for the same bowl game we went to last year, and to play a team we already beat by 35 points this year. If anyone deserves to lose money, it's the bowl system. It's a bad system, it's the reason we get matchups like this to begin with, and it's all based on $$$. The only way to send a message is with $$$. If you just whine about it and then still show up and give your money to the Holiday Bowl and to San Diego, nothing changes. However, if the Holiday Bowl actually LOSES money on this, they'll feel it.

The team might not like seeing more Husky fans than Husker fans in San Diego, but the team is also not stupid. They know that the economy sucks, that it's the same bowl game we went to last year, that they already beat Washington this year by 35 points, and that they don't have to pay their way to the bowl game, while the fans do. The team isn't going to feel slighted, or at least they shouldn't.

edit: really the best way to send a message would be to have all of Husker Nation boycott both the bowl game and the telecast, and just listen to the game on the radio. But I don't think we have that kind of collective willpower to not turn on the TV... ESPN wins again...

below is a link for some available tickets through qualcom stadium. probably end up going just because we are close.

http://qualcommstadium.org/Tickets-Active.php?eventID=1493289&venueID=48&gclid=CM6plIC-8qUCFQEMbAodQUWhqw

I looked at this website, and there are far more tickets available on the Washington side than the Nebraska side. I think many people are buying their tickets to the game through alternative sites other than the alumni source. In 2006-07, I bought my Cotton Bowl tickets from the stadium and not the University.

Washington has NOT sold out its 11,000 ticket allotment.

Here is article from Seattle Times:

Friday morning links and notes --- UW still has tickets available for season ticket holders

Posted by Bob Condotta

The first order of business this morning is to correct a few reports out there that UW has sold out of its 11,000-ticket allotment for the Holiday Bowl.

The school reports that it has not sold all of its tickets. However, what it is doing is only accepting orders from season ticket holders, having closed a period where it also sold tickets to the general public. But if you are a season-ticket holder and in need of tickets, UW has some available. UW is confident it will sell out eventually, however, and doesn't anticipate the problems that you're seeing in some other places of having to eat a bunch of unsold tickets.

And if you want the general practice schedule for the Holiday Bowl, you can find it here in the team's bowl media guide. The guide also includes updated bios, a depth chart and the updated record book. And one thing it notes is that Demitrius Bronson has not played in any games this year. I wrote in a chat that he had since he was listed on the play-by-plays as having played in the first two games. He has not played in any games this year, and if he does not play in the Holiday Bowl this will be a redshirt year for him.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2013702988_friday_morning_links_and_notes_1.html

There's nothing wrong with not going due to finances, but to boycott a bowl game because you're pissed that we got a consolation bowl is BS. We got to this bowl by losing to Oklahoma.... Deal with it. Don't shaft YOUR Huskers by not showing your support for them at the game because you're trying to prove an insignificant point...

I'll still be watching on TV, which is all I would have done no matter what bowl game we made it to. I don't have enough money to go to any bowl game.

However, the University is going to actually lose money on this bowl game, as are the fans, obviously. And we're losing money for the same bowl game we went to last year, and to play a team we already beat by 35 points this year. If anyone deserves to lose money, it's the bowl system. It's a bad system, it's the reason we get matchups like this to begin with, and it's all based on $$$. The only way to send a message is with $$$. If you just whine about it and then still show up and give your money to the Holiday Bowl and to San Diego, nothing changes. However, if the Holiday Bowl actually LOSES money on this, they'll feel it.

The team might not like seeing more Husky fans than Husker fans in San Diego, but the team is also not stupid. They know that the economy sucks, that it's the same bowl game we went to last year, that they already beat Washington this year by 35 points, and that they don't have to pay their way to the bowl game, while the fans do. The team isn't going to feel slighted, or at least they shouldn't.

edit: really the best way to send a message would be to have all of Husker Nation boycott both the bowl game and the telecast, and just listen to the game on the radio. But I don't think we have that kind of collective willpower to not turn on the TV... ESPN wins again...

my only reason to watch will be to watch TM and see how he plays.....

below is a link for some available tickets through qualcom stadium. probably end up going just because we are close.

http://qualcommstadium.org/Tickets-Active.php?eventID=1493289&venueID=48&gclid=CM6plIC-8qUCFQEMbAodQUWhqw

I looked at this website, and there are far more tickets available on the Washington side than the Nebraska side. I think many people are buying their tickets to the game through alternative sites other than the alumni source. In 2006-07, I bought my Cotton Bowl tickets from the stadium and not the University.

I believe this is very true. The best tickets I could get through the school weren't even close to the seats I got through the Bowl website, for almost the same price.

Alumni Association sends out FACEBOOK remonders:

University of Nebraska Alumni

The Washington Huskies have sold out of their 11,000 ticket allotment for the Holiday Bowl and the Huskers haven't. Stand Up For Nebraska by getting your game tickets and pre-game huddle tickets at 1-888-353-1874. Go Big Red!

Not good

What's Nebraska's allotment and how much are still left? Also do these people think just as many people are going to pay to travel twice to the West coast to see a team Nebraska already has beat?

We'd better be careful, or our "greatest fan's in college football" title, may be disputed...

Folks may be desputing that now but its no contest! Regardless of whether we buy our allotment! I was at the game live against Washington and will have difficulty just to watch our next meeting. Point being we played argueably our best game and it won't get any better. I still think we will win handily and thus turns into old hat category. Nothing gained.

The Washington Huskies have sold out of their 11,000 ticket allotment for the Holiday Bowl and the Huskers haven't. Stand Up For Nebraska by getting your game tickets and pre-game huddle tickets at 1-888-353-1874. Go Big Red!

Not good

I'll be there! We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather. Though I suppose it will be pretty great weather in San Diego. But you know what I mean.

Not good

I'll be there! We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather. Though I suppose it will be pretty great weather in San Diego. But you know what I mean.

How quickly we forget last year... It was cloudy all day, misted the entire first half, and we had light rain the entire second half. NOT bad by any stretch of the imagination... But sunny and warm it was not. :-)

Not good

How quickly we forget last year... It was cloudy all day, misted the entire first half, and we had light rain the entire second half. NOT bad by any stretch of the imagination... But sunny and warm it was not. :-)

I didn't forget. I was there. But last year's forecast doesn't affect this year's. And this year it is supposed to be partly cloudy and high in the mid 60s (though it will get chilly by kickoff). That's what happening in San Diego, now here's what's happening in your neck of the woods....