Watson a candidate for the Miami(OH) head coach position

C N Red

I appreciate the stats you laid out but I dont care about what other teams did or didnt do against the same team. I care about what NU did vs those teams. Watson has shown, time and time again that vs top half defenses, he basically poops his pants.

This year we saw it again

UT

AM

OU

How many TOTAL points did he offense score in those 3 games? Was it 6, 6, 20? So, yeah, 32 points, so less then 11 points per game. The defense in those games let up, 20, 9, 23 (I think), so 52 points or about 17.5 points per game. Now, you can say what you want but I think that a good team should be able to let up 17-20 points per game and still win.

If you don't care about stats that other teams put up, why are you basing your aguments on "top half defenses"? Those are mostly built on stats against other teams.

2 of the 3 we played a majority of the game with a gimpy quarterback that was forced into doing things that he doesn't do well at. In the Texas game the scheme and playcalling certainly wasn't the issue, it was the execution. I would also argue the same in the A&M game, Watson's play had Reed in position for a TD, but an awful throw by Martinez ended up as an interception. Even in the OU game, it was poor decision making by Taylor that cost us the game. I put the A&M and OU losses on the coach that wanted Martinez in the game, and that wasn't our OC.

How very Callahan-esque. When the offense looks good (even if it's only against a bottom of the barrel defense) it's due to great coaches and the gameplans they designed.

When it doesn't work, it's because of the players: injuries, lack of depth, lack of experience, execution, etc. Even when history dictates that our offensive coordinator has been mediocre at best, and other OCs seem to have better success with the same personnel issues. :facepalm::facepalm:

Yeah, it sure rings a bell doesn't it?

I too heard those same excuses for the four unbearable Clownahan years. When we get annihilated, it's the "no talent" excuse. When we beat a Ball St or someone it's "great coaching". Above all else, get big yds/points at garbage time so the offense stats looks good.

Just like 2008. We play a good defense and we're stuffed like sardines....down 35 - 0 in the 2nd qtr we start racking up the garbage pts vs the Sooner waterboys (4 TDs) and we get to pretend they couldn't stop us.

Thank God Bo doesn't buy that bs.

Always said that the problems from 2004 to 2007 weren't just defensive, and if during those years Nebraska had the defense that they do now the team would still have the same kind of record they have now. If the offense can't score no matter how good the defense, that team will lose.

It's like the people that love Ganz, but gloss over the fact that he threw 11 int's with most of those int costing Nebraska points.

Iowa last night, injuries and about 30 guys out cause of drugs and they managed to rush for about 250 yards with some freshmen running back and complete passes, one to some cat that only had one catch all year I think and still win the game (yes I know they had a defensive TD).

Watsahan could never make that happen. Then the watsahan lovers would tell us the reason that the offense struggled was due to injuries and suspensions.

• Fire 3

Iowa last night, injuries and about 30 guys out cause of drugs and they managed to rush for about 250 yards with some freshmen running back and complete passes, one to some cat that only had one catch all year I think and still win the game (yes I know they had a defensive TD).

Watsahan could never make that happen. Then the watsahan lovers would tell us the reason that the offense struggled was due to injuries and suspensions.

That is a good point, kind sir. I think we would hear that.

Iowa still had the most important player on the field healthy. Sr. QB Ricky Stanzi. They ran for lots of yards on the same team we set season highs.They didnt drop 8 passes,or have 16 penalties, and best of all , they got the game thrown to them by Husker De-commit Blaine Gabbert. :corndance Not much to do with who their OC is!

Iowa still had the most important player on the field healthy. Sr. QB Ricky Stanzi. They ran for lots of yards on the same team we set season highs.They didnt drop 8 passes,or have 16 penalties, and best of all , they got the game thrown to them by Husker De-commit Blaine Gabbert. :corndance Not much to do with who their OC is!

Really?? Fixing that patchwork offensive line, calling plays the younger WR would know, and making sure all were on the same page with blocking schemes for protection in the pocket and varied fronts to run against has nothing to do with coaching?

Why the hell do we pay these guys so much money then??

And against the #6 scoring D in the nation to boot.

Besides DJK and Robinson who were the other 28 players that Iowa had suspended? Iowa still had 9 of 11 offensive starters playing last night (Coker was the 2nd leading rusher who started 4 games as well and Sandeman, the guy that replaced DJK, was the #3 guy all year and will end up a 4 year letter guy). Also Nordman catching a pass is like Broekemeier catching passes because Paul was out.

Besides DJK and Robinson who were the other 28 players that Iowa had suspended? Iowa still had 9 of 11 offensive starters playing last night (Coker was the 2nd leading rusher who started 4 games as well and Sandeman, the guy that replaced DJK, was the #3 guy all year and will end up a 4 year letter guy). Also Nordman catching a pass is like Broekemeier catching passes because Paul was out.

I guess I thought you knew I was being a bit over the top. Sorry

The fact is, they have all this drama, no stud WR, a backup running back AND they still go for 250 yards on the ground and win. The skers had a dinged up QB and no Paul and the watsahaners were out in full force telling us how great watsahan would be if those guys werent hurt.

You need to find ways to win.

I guess I thought you knew I was being a bit over the top. Sorry

The fact is, they have all this drama, no stud WR, a backup running back AND they still go for 250 yards on the ground and win. The skers had a dinged up QB and no Paul and the watsahaners were out in full force telling us how great watsahan would be if those guys werent hurt.

You need to find ways to win.

:thumbs