Ekeler to Indiana?

haymarket

Not sure we should be wringing our hands over this one.

Yea our LB's have underperformed all year even though they had 2 potential starters out most of year. :sarcasm

Losing any position coach sucks... especially considering how good a recruiter he was.

He got Compton by showing up at his house with a husker tatoo on, it was fake but it was a deal closer.

I think Ekeler has fallen off the map in recruiting since that first year, and he has never been a star LBs coach. Of course we may not replace him with someone better, that's to be seen.

Losing any coach doesn't always suck, it depends entirely on what they brought to the staff, and their replacement.

I think Ekeler has fallen off the map in recruiting since that first year, and he has never been a star LBs coach. Of course we may not replace him with someone better, that's to be seen.

Losing any coach doesn't always suck, it depends entirely on what they brought to the staff, and their replacement.

This was his first go around as a position coach, which has been 3 years. Of course he hasnt probably hasnt produced a star LB yet. He did awesome job with LaVonte David and Dillard. I believe Dillard is still on the Giants roster isnt he and David will have a shot of playing on Sundays. Plus in 08 when we had zero depth at LB he coached up the walkons enough to soften the blow.

He was the lead recruiter in getting David Santos, so I dont think he has completely fallen off the map.

Don't forget about Cody Glenn too.

This is amazing for Ekeler. Before coming here he was only a GA, and has only been a position coach for three years now. He is rising up the ranks at an insanely fast pace, watch out for him in the future.

And with that, our coaching staff of the last three years is no longer entirely intact. It was a good run.

Don't forget about Cody Glenn too.

This is amazing for Ekeler. Before coming here he was only a GA, and has only been a position coach for three years now. He is rising up the ranks at an insanely fast pace, watch out for him in the future.

And with that, our coaching staff of the last three years is no longer entirely intact. It was a good run.

I have a feeling the next few weeks there will be quite a few more shakeups... will be interesting to watch it all unfold

Congrats to coach Ek, this is a big step for him in his career. He has 2 full years to prepare for the Big Red machine when he will get steamrolled in 2013. :)

Seriously though, happy for the guy. Not sure if he can be immediately replaced, but I think the coaching core should be fine and able to handle this.

This was his first go around as a position coach, which has been 3 years. Of course he hasnt probably hasnt produced a star LB yet. He did awesome job with LaVonte David and Dillard. I believe Dillard is still on the Giants roster isnt he and David will have a shot of playing on Sundays. Plus in 08 when we had zero depth at LB he coached up the walkons enough to soften the blow.

He was the lead recruiter in getting David Santos, so I dont think he has completely fallen off the map.

Actually heard it was Doug Colman to credit for Dillard.

Which is interesting, because Colman is very likely coming back as the next LBs coach. Sounds like that has been more or less the plan, honestly, regardless of Ekeler moving on or not. That's why this may not be a bad thing for us.