bleacherreport pisses me off

corncraze

First they fueled the Martinez rumor, now they say that JoePa, Tressel & RichRod are all gone next year! (Notice the writer is from SEC land)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/553942-paterno-rodriguez-and-tressel-all-out-as-big-ten-coaches-after-bowl-games

^ now I understand that he is a columnist, but while would they even post this crap?! No sources or anything

but to make it even worse is that they post this on their website as well (link below) describing how ludacris the idea is of Tressel leaving, yet one of their featured Big 10 stories claims that he IS leaving!!!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/553841-jim-tressel-leaving-ohio-state-football-why-this-rumor-doesnt-make-sense

I hate it how they fuel those dumb fans out there that are going to believe this!!!

First they fueled the Martinez rumor, now they say that JoePa, Tressel & RichRod are all gone next year! (Notice the writer is from SEC land)

http://bleacherrepor...fter-bowl-games

^ now I understand that he is a columnist, but while would they even post this crap?! No sources or anything

but to make it even worse is that they post this on their website as well (link below) describing how ludacris the idea is of Tressel leaving, yet one of their featured Big 10 stories claims that he IS leaving!!!!!

http://bleacherrepor...esnt-make-sense

I hate it how they fuel those dumb fans out there that are going to believe this!!!

The first article link was not available according to the page. Just junk writing fill the web and I herd that the OHio State made a statement that these rumors are not true.

http://bleacherrepor...fter-bowl-games

http://bleacherrepor...esnt-make-sense

The first article link was not available according to the page. Just junk writing fill the web and I herd that the OHio State made a statement that these rumors are not true.

Haha good they pulled the "article" and ya AD Gene Smith said this on his twitter yesterday

"Merry Xmas everyone!! Go back to drinking your eggnog!! Rumors not true.. First NBA game I watched this year!!"

What does it mean to be a BR columnist? The website looks more legit nowadays but I thought all you had to do was basically sign up and start writing 'articles.'

You have to submit an article to them, and if they like one article they will allow you to write whatever you want.

High quality journalism there... <_<

They aren't wrong on any of those things -- yet. Rumors usually exist for a reason. Whether or not the outcome actually comes true is a different story, but it seems pretty rare that rumors come out of NOWHERE. They usually at least have legs.

I don't agree with that at all. I think there are plenty of rumors that start because someone completely misunderstood what was said, or heard someone talking about something hypothetically and thought it was real ("wouldn't it be something if Mike Leach was our OC?" -- "OMG, Mike Leach being considered as our OC!") or just wanted to inflate their ego and make up or exaggerate something and it takes off, or any number of reasons. I guess you could say that these didn't come out of NOWHERE, but they certainly didn't come out of anywhere that has any validity or hope of coming true. But some certainly have a good basis, and maybe even looked to be true and then something changed. More than half, I'd say. But it's not rare for a rumor to be totally BS.

• Fire 1

They aren't wrong on any of those things -- yet. Rumors usually exist for a reason. Whether or not the outcome actually comes true is a different story, but it seems pretty rare that rumors come out of NOWHERE. They usually at least have legs.

I don't agree with that at all. I think there are plenty of rumors that start because someone completely misunderstood what was said, or heard someone talking about something hypothetically and thought it was real ("wouldn't it be something if Mike Leach was our OC?" -- "OMG, Mike Leach being considered as our OC!") or just wanted to inflate their ego and make up or exaggerate something and it takes off, or any number of reasons. I guess you could say that these didn't come out of NOWHERE, but they certainly didn't come out of anywhere that has any validity or hope of coming true. But some certainly have a good basis, and maybe even looked to be true and then something changed. More than half, I'd say. But it's not rare for a rumor to be totally BS.

I'll agree with you on message board based rumors. Blogs are probably a bit more accurate than boards, but not by enough of a margin to matter. The ones that come from news stations, newspapers, etc is more of what i'm referring to. If someone like Sipple comes out and says "I hear the athletic department is looking into blah blah blah", then that's probably being said for a reason. I'm not believing bleacher report by any means, but the orgiginal report out of Chicago probably just didn't use their imaginations as a primary source. (Or maybe they aren't as reliable as I think. I haven't really followed the Tressel stuff, I just thought it was from a news station or something. Maybe it's a dumb blog, I don't really know)

Rumors exist because someone gets an idea, another person believes them, and tells all their friends. So yea, I guess that's a reason.

Stop feeding bleacher report and maybe it will go away. The place is garbage and I refuse to give them ad revenue by going there.

Makes me laugh when bleacher report is trash until someone finds someone who wrote something nice about Nebraska.

It's pretty naive to think that just become someone is a journalist (like Sipple and everyone else who works with online news) does their fact checking all the time. The internet has created a rush to be the first one to break a story. People take a lot of chances and hope it turns out right. If someone breaks it early (hoping to be the first) a lot of other people will start reporting it assuming it was fact checked, when it was really just a guy taking a chance trying to make a name for himself and impress his readers. Getting lucky once only adds to future "credibility." These days "real" journalists seem to spend a lot of time asking questions about message board rumors. It appears to piss Bo off something fierce. :D

Welcome to the world of infotainment, everyone.

To be honest the first time I heard about bleacherreport I thought that it was a Colorado Buffalo web page about articles of the Buffs or other Big 12 teams and other big stories in college football. So thinking that way was the main reason I NEVER clicked on their link LOL.....stupid but true :facepalm: