lol watson, your playcalling is laughable

I spent most of the night with my head buried in my hands, so I might not remember correctly... but I would wager that we ran no more than 4 plays tonight. I defy anyone to list 5 unique plays that this offense ran tonight.

I think I got this

1. Zone Read Rt

2. Zone Read Lt.

3. Taylor drop back and pass which leads to

3a Taylor sacked because throwing the ball away isn't installed until your sophomore year

3b Taylor runs around and throws ball to either 1. himself on a deflection or 2. the feet of any Husky in the stadium

4. The same Wildcat play they've ran since putting it in at ISU

AND 5. The kneel down. The only play that wasn't blown up by Washington at the snap.

And for extra credit the punts. We usually are pretty good at those too(sans Alex's one shank of the year). Maybe NUruns these so well because Barney's boys aren't in there effing it all up.

Captain Obvious you now owe me a Pepsi. No more alcohol after that performance, I am done

I spent most of the night with my head buried in my hands, so I might not remember correctly... but I would wager that we ran no more than 4 plays tonight. I defy anyone to list 5 unique plays that this offense ran tonight.

I think I got this

1. Zone Read Rt

2. Zone Read Lt.

3. Taylor drop back and pass which leads to

3a Taylor sacked because throwing the ball away isn't installed until your sophomore year

3b Taylor runs around and throws ball to either 1. himself on a deflection or 2. the feet of any Husky in the stadium

4. The same Wildcat play they've ran since putting it in at ISU

AND 5. The kneel down. The only play that wasn't blown up by Washington at the snap.

And for extra credit the punts. We usually are pretty good at those too(sans Alex's one shank of the year). Maybe NUruns these so well because Barney's boys aren't in there effing it all up.

Captain Obvious you now owe me a Pepsi. No more alcohol after that performance, I am done

I don't know what you do for a living, but my guess is you are underpaid. I read an article that the Washington 'D' Coordinator makes around 400K.

Wats' playcalling is fine. With decent talent in there we score 50.

If this was a video game, maybe...

His inability to adapt and improvise on the fly reared it's ugly head once again. He's too busy trying to out think the opposing DC or he's too busy trying to run some "cute" play he thinks will actually gain yards.

His inability to adapt and improvise on the fly reared it's ugly head once again. He's too busy trying to out think the opposing DC or he's too busy trying to run some "cute" play he thinks will actually gain yards.

I've seen 'outthink' several times this year. I'm not trying to be a D%$K, but I think we are giving the guy too much credit. Ovutthinking is not running the zone read with a QB that should be on crutches. Outthinking is not running on every first down. Outthinking is not play action on 3rd and long.

To me it's a lack of thinking.

I've seen 'outthink' several times this year. I'm not trying to be a D%$K, but I think we are giving the guy too much credit. Ovutthinking is not running the zone read with a QB that should be on crutches. Outthinking is not running on every first down. Outthinking is not play action on 3rd and long.

When you find something that works, and stop doing it, that's overthinking.

Taylor is not what we need. His reads are 100% wrong I saw holes a Washington defense you could drive a semi-truck through. Watson should be gone and this is the perfect example why. I do t like to put people down and dwell on crap, but seriously if he is not gone and Taylor doesn't improve we are a breather over .500 team. This is a sad pathetic offense that can't get anything done.

When you find something that works, and stop doing it, that's overthinking.

Ah, but if that's the price for being "multiple" it's a small price to pay. Results?? Who cares?

With how much they were blitzing, the short passing game was there all night. God forbid we do what they were giving us.

No, that's the pansy thing to do. We gotta have an 'identity' and take what we want. <_<

I agree, the cushion we had on our receivers early on was amazing. I thought, quickslant all day into that.

I think this game pretty much highlighted that Taylor is horrid at his reads, and has zero clue how to get the offense ready pre-snap.

Even more than his horrid arm, Taylor has to get some sort of mental aspect of this game down. And again, that goes back to him needing to spend hours and hours in the film room dissecting teams. Until he is ready to put in the right amount of time in the film room, then he is gonna pretty much like the QB we seen tonight against any team that does not give him a free running lane.

f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k

The sad thing is he made no adjustments. With an injured QB who can't run you have to work around what your team can accomplish. If your getting sacked go to max protect or have an outlet like a check down pass to the fullback or HB. This man lives or dies by the same play weather it's working or not. The read option won't work when your QB is no longer a threat, common sense.

The sad thing is he made no adjustments. With an injured QB who can't run you have to work around what your team can accomplish. If your getting sacked go to max protect or have an outlet like a check down pass to the fullback or HB. This man lives or dies by the same play weather it's working or not. The read option won't work when your QB is no longer a threat, common sense.

But here is the problem - Taylor is not a passer, or any sort. If a team disguises coverages, changes pre-snap looks, or rolls coverages, Taylor has absolutely no clue how to dissect it or adjust. Those struggles with his pre-snap reads also leads to quite a few breakdowns in blocking, which lead to sacks. He also cannot go over multiple reads, and will lock into a WR (Reed or Kinnie most often) throughout an entire play.

Basically, unless Taylor gets an absolute basic look on passing downs, he is going to struggle mightily.

Now, when you have a QB that limits you so much in what he can do well, you pretty much can only do so many things. And even though he struggles at 'read' plays, it IS what he does best because he is a weapon with his feet.

The biggest issue in any of this is our team being forced to stick with a QB who is limited in what he actually is good at. Not only forced on, but forced on regardless of what is going on in the game. If one coach had his way, Taylor would have never started the 2nd half of the Oklahoma game, we saw what happened.

Every body on here is saying to do this,do that, stay with whats working etc.. the only problem is NOTHING was working, no matter what plays were called! Tried to run , and offensive line couldnt block anybody, Helu couldnt even get back to the line of scrimmage because there were 3 WU defenders in the backfield.Same thing on passing., no blocking =Taylor scrambling and throwing underhand passes to nobody in particular :wtf , or he gets sacked. Doesnt relly matter what plays were called does it?

• Fire 1

Well I think someone saw what I saw. The whole team was flat from the start. The cute wildcat pass call was a huge turning point. I hate cute plays like that, it says I can't do this without trickeration. It usually backfires. But the most glaring discrepancy was again a lack of adjustment, I just don't understand how these guys get to this level and seem like they don't have a clue how to counter a pash rush. Um, run a darn screen, or draw. One might consider using a tightend as a blocker, or leaving a running back in there to block. It's really not that complicated but it was sure made to look that way last night.

Someone else said Taylor was making any pre-snap adjustments, and that is really common for freshmen QB's to struggle with. Then consider the teachers lack of adjustment ability and well I think you get the point. Taylor is just a puppy, his confidence vanished with the ankle injury. The kid is a gammer, but a young running QB that can't (run/escape)and can't get any help from his coordinator is not going to look very good. This realy isn't Taylor's fault.

Time to find a few new coaches for that side of the ball. I say Brown a Beck can stay, the rest have 24 hrs to pack their Sh!t and get gone.

:rant