I'll Start the Fire Watson Thread

I bumped this thread because two years ago there were quite a few people acting like jackasses, saying that Watson was a total bum. He's not. That should be clear from last night with what his offense did against Florida, shouldn't it?

Not really, no.

Louisville's defense had a pick six to open the game, and Florida's failed onside kick/penalties to open the second half gave Louisville the ball on Florida's 19. Without those two gifts, the 20 points Louisville's offense actually earned wouldn't have been enough to win the game. Imagine if our defense could hold any decent team to 23 points.

We'd be playing Notre Dame in a few days.

No we wouldnt. It would still be Alabama. No way does an undefeated Big 10 team pass up a 1-loss sec champ to play for the National title. We might've been in over Notre Dame, but there's going to be an SEC team, if not 2, playing for the National Championship for the forseeable future.

Are you being serious?

If we were undefeated, we'd absolutely get in over Alabama. Just like Kansas State or Oregon would have.

Not that it really matters to the point I was making, as knapp pointed out.

I bumped this thread because two years ago there were quite a few people acting like jackasses, saying that Watson was a total bum. He's not. That should be clear from last night with what his offense did against Florida, shouldn't it?

Not really, no.

Louisville's defense had a pick six to open the game, and Florida's failed onside kick/penalties to open the second half gave Louisville the ball on Florida's 19. Without those two gifts, the 20 points Louisville's offense actually earned wouldn't have been enough to win the game. Imagine if our defense could hold any decent team to 23 points.

We'd be playing Notre Dame in a few days.

No we wouldnt. It would still be Alabama. No way does an undefeated Big 10 team pass up a 1-loss sec champ to play for the National title. We might've been in over Notre Dame, but there's going to be an SEC team, if not 2, playing for the National Championship for the forseeable future.

Are you being serious?

If we were undefeated, we'd absolutely get in over Alabama. Just like Kansas State or Oregon would have.

Not that it really matters to the point I was making, as knapp pointed out.

I dont think so. It's just my point. I'm thinking that yes, we would be in it, but it would be over Notre Dame. The thing is, a 1-loss SEC champ is going to play for the title regardless of who 2 undefeated teams are. If there are more than 2, they may be out. We can guarantee Oregon or Oregon would have, because by the time that deciding set of standing came out, Alabama probably would have regained the #2 spot I'm bettin.

I know the point you were making has nothing to do with what I was pointing out. I just wanted to throw it out there nonetheless.

My point was if Oregon OR Kansas St was still undefeated. Bama was going to jump Notre dame with one loss when all was said in done if only one of them 2 teams had lost. If niether loses, then there is 3 undefeated teams. That yes would be too much to overcome. Yes, I am serious.

If what you're saying is true, then Alabama would have jumped Notre Dame anyway. They didn't. I don't think you're making much sense.

The voters in both human polls would have to band together and agree to vote Alabama ahead of Notre Dame, and they would need to change the computer formula.

My point was if Oregon OR Kansas St was still undefeated. Bama was going to jump Notre dame with one loss when all was said in done if only one of them 2 teams had lost. If niether loses, then there is 3 undefeated teams. That yes would be too much to overcome. Yes, I am serious.

If what you're saying is true, then Alabama would have jumped Notre Dame anyway. They didn't. I don't think you're making much sense.

The voters in both human polls would have to band together and agree to vote Alabama ahead of Notre Dame, and they would need to change the computer formula.

But as it currently stands, Notre Dame being the only undefeated allows for them to receive a lot more first place votes, so that also changes the dynamics.

Even if they were 1 of 2 undefeated teams, they'd still receive more 1st place votes than Alabama. More 2nd place votes, too. And the computers would still have them ahead of Alabama. Again, you're not making much sense.

When Notre Dame, Oregon, and Kansas State were the only undefeated teams, it was universally understood the only way for the SEC to get back into the title game was if at least 2 of those teams lost. There's not some SEC conspiracy at work here. They're not going to get in over 2 undefeated teams, unless one of them is a mid-major, plain and simple. Obviously they'll get the benefit of the doubt if there's only 1 undefeated team. And they should, they've earned it. Whether or not they've done it ethically is debatable.

I would bet that Bama would have gotten in over Notre Dame when all was said in done, after all the games were played, against an undefeated Oregon OR Kansas St. There's no way of knowing for sure, but it's just what I believe. No, I'm not suggesting a conspiracy.

There is no way a one loss SEC team gets in the title game over a undeafeted ND, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 or ACC team. That would distroy the BCS, which already heavly favors the SEC & only favors them more now that they made sure all four teams for the playoff could be from the SEC.

I would bet that Bama would have gotten in over Notre Dame when all was said in done, after all the games were played, against an undefeated Oregon OR Kansas St. There's no way of knowing for sure, but it's just what I believe. No, I'm not suggesting a conspiracy.

There is no way a one loss SEC team gets in the title game over a undeafeted ND, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 or ACC team. That would distroy the BCS, which already heavly favors the SEC & only favors them more now that they made sure all four teams for the playoff could be from the SEC.

Why cant you guys just agree with me and say I'm right? You're making this far too difficult.

If Oregon, KState, and ND finish undefeated, there's not a snowballs chance in hell Bama' makes the title game. However, I think it is highly likely ND in that given scenario would have eventually lept over KState to play Oregon for the NC. The World as we know it would have ended had an undefeated ND team not made the NC game.