I'll Start the Fire Watson Thread

Taylor was taking sacks on 3-man rushes.

I don't even know if that is more on Taylor or on the OL, it's both equally, pathetically, laughable.

Being that Watson is the QB coach, Taylor making those mistakes is ultimately on Watson. Where is Captain Obvious when you need him...

and......if Pelini is stupid enough to keep him, the ship will continue to sink....man up Bo!

Watson, Gilmore, and Cotton all need to go.

How much clearer can it get?

Cotton cost the Iowa State HC his job.

Colorado fans warned us about Watson.

If Pelini can't make the tough choices to fix this offensive offense,

it will cost him too.

Enough is enough. No more Cosgrove grade offense.

Come on Watson apologists and Cotton family friends.

Let's hear your BS cover stories "explaining" what we just saw

the end of this season. I can't wait.

Rex fumbled, fire Beck :lol:

Those things are all on Taylor, and whoever started him. I told anyone who would listen before the season started that Taylor was not ready to be a QB at this level. All I got back was 'explosive running blah blah blah.' Doesn't overrule everything. Particularly when he can't do that well anymore either, due to injury or whatever it is.

Those things are all on Taylor, and whoever started him. I told anyone who would listen before the season started that Taylor was not ready to be a QB at this level. All I got back was 'explosive running blah blah blah.' Doesn't overrule everything. Particularly when he can't do that well anymore either, due to injury or whatever it is.

Same here. I made it 100% clear when T-ragic was selected as the starter he was not the best QB on the team. At that time the sunshine pumpers said I was wrong and that the coaches know what they are doing. Clearly I wasn't at all wrong and neither were you zoogies.

Now that we've heard (right on que) from the Watson Excusers Quorum,

let's hear from the Cotton Family Friends Association.

Anyone? Anyone?

If Cotton doesnt go soon, I might just loose my freakin mind. Every fall camp we hear the same thing from Barn, that this group of OLineman are finally getting "it".

Now that we've heard (right on que) from the Watson Excusers Quorum,

let's hear from the Cotton Family Friends Association.

Anyone? Anyone?

If Cotton doesnt go soon, I might just loose my freakin mind. Every fall camp we hear the same thing from Barn, that this group of OLineman are finally getting "it".

They are getting it. What he isn't telling us is - what the IT is. The IT is getting their lunches eaten.

I have been a Watson supporter ever since the Joe Ganz (man do we miss him!) era. I really thought that by now we would have a decent offense in place that would be similar to what we saw glimpses of in the Callahan years. My days of being a Watson supporter have officially ended as of last night, and I feel like a sucker for having been a supporter of him for that long. Two seasons have gone to waste because our offense lacks consistency. Last night was an all around piss-poor effort from everybody, Pelini included. It will be interesting to see what changes this off season has in store.

• Fire 1

If no coaching changes are made after these sorry performances,

it's proof positive that the HC and AD value personal

loyalty to their staffs over the long term success

of the Husker football team.

In business, which is what a D1 football program

is these days, this is called "cronyism".

They should then expect to bear the consequences

for those choices as Frank and Callahan eventually did.

Same here. I made it 100% clear when T-ragic was selected as the starter he was not the best QB on the team. At that time the sunshine pumpers said I was wrong and that the coaches know what they are doing. Clearly I wasn't at all wrong and neither were you zoogies.

Its was pretty obvious to everyone, including the announcers that Taylor is still not 100%. Still just didnt have it. Its no coincedence that our offense has fell apart since he got hurt. Mack Brown was right in saying the only difference in 09 and 10 was Taylor..and turns out he was right. Without TMarts speed we were back to the same old same old. We have no talent on offense...im still not sure if TM can be a QB or not.

With the exception on NP our recievers wouldnt be playing for South Dakota...BK is big but hes slow. On the last play in the end zone he needed to slow down and go up and use his size to get the ball...instead he falls backwards and lets the ball hit the CB in the head, if he slows up and makes a play on the ball...easy pass interference, the guy never even turned around. Coaching or lack of talent? Blackmon catches that for an easy TD. Im puzzeled how we cannot even atleast get lucky and land a decent WR. Our best wide reciever is from Omaha. Now he is gone and the future looks BAD at the WR postion. Enunwa has dropped more then he has caught and we wasted his RS, SJB...Bell ? Who knows? they are really going to have to step up. Lets hope we get lucky and one of those WR ends up being a great talent, because i think we have some talented RBs coming in and hopefully Turner or Carnes can step up. Weve missed on so many QBs over the last decade its time we found a good one. Seems like every other team in the nation has QBs stepping up from no where and we cant find even ONE.

We better hope that the "fastest wide reciever in the big 12" red shirting for us this year... can catch the freaking ball...and AG is what we are all dreaming of.....we need some serious talent and some new coaches on the offense and maybe we can think about being a NC contender in 2 or 3 years.

I can not get on this wagon yet- only because I do not even know where to start. Lots of valid points here, but letting go 3 assistants would be a crush on the morale downtown. Watson's plan is decent, but the execution has been horrible. I only coach teens and you know during a warm up when it is going to be along night on the field/court. Like the announcers said, Nebraska players were saying he right things all week long- but their minds were elsewhere. Our performance showed us that we are just another college football team that didn't give a darn about being in their respective bowl game- aspirations deflated by losing their conference championship game. Hopefully, one of our assistants get promoted and is strongly encouraged to take anyone, he wishes, with him. This challenge will get corrected. 10 win season is still respectable (soft schedule) and yes, it could have been more, but that is why the game is played. Some days you got IT and other days you don't. In Joining the Big 10, we better hope we got IT each week, or it will be even a longer season next year. Happy New Year my brothers and sisters on HB.