I'll Start the Fire Watson Thread

Can you blame some of this on the quarterback? Yes

Can you blame some of this on the o-line? Yes

Can you blame some of this on the WRs? Probably

Can you blame some of this on the RBs? I suppose

Can you blame some of this on Barney? Absolutely

Can you blame some of this on Ted? Yes

There are a lot of people besides Watson to blame, that's obvious, no one will argue that.

BUT - The common denominator here is that every one of these guys are under Watson's wing. None of these things have been adjusted, fixed. That is Watson's problem. He has to go. If Bo can't see that, then he's openning himself to a lot of well deserved criticism as well.

This.

Martinez is baffling. The fumbles, wacky shovel passes- just way too careless with the ball. Doesn't know how to throw the ball away, back-2-back delay of game. Either he is not getting coached up or he he is but he ignores it- which means you have to pull him and play someone else. Either way it goes back to coaching.

Same with the Oline. Can't run block, can't pass block. Who is teaching these guys?

I am not sure I can watch the team if Watson et al. remain on staff. It is starting to feel like 2004-2007 all over again. It is hard to watch such pathetic effort. And for those of you who want to blame the players, just remember that from 2007 to 2009, Pelini took a bunch of Callahan/Cosgrove scrubs from the worst to D to the best in the nation. Under the right coaching, our offensive players could do the same.

The game starts up front. The offensive line got their asses handed to them as they have in most real games this year.

Then again, there was nothing---no vertical passing, no screens---stopping Washington from blitzing on nearly every down. There is something to be said for play calling making the O-Line's job a little easier. But Watson has no idea what it means to make things easier for his players. Quite the opposite, his schemes require them to perform under near impossible conditions.

• Fire 1

The game starts up front. The offensive line got their asses handed to them as they have in most real games this year.

Then again, there was nothing---no vertical passing, no screens---stopping Washington from blitzing on nearly every down. There is something to be said for play calling making the O-Line's job a little easier. But Watson has no idea what it means to make things easier for his players. Quite the opposite, his schemes require them to perform under near impossible conditions.

I wish more people shared this view. I don't know whether it is right or wrong, but it is what I agree with. There doesn't seem to be any attempt to 'make things easier for the line'. The biggest revolution of the year was moving Rex to rexcat. Do we run any screens?

Bo should've told Watson not bothering to get on the plane cause he was fired. This isn't an abberation we are regressing and hope Bo sees this. He should be mad as hell at such an inept offense. I don't think we didn't want to play just that the offense has been falling apart for weeks and a month's time still looks like sh#t. It's time for Watson to bend over and get a swift kick in the ass by Bo.

Why not treat the coaching positions just like every position on the field? We need some depth at offensive coordinator, then we can have competition for the spot, and whoever is coaching best gets to start that game :) Okay, it's a little ridiculous, but Bo is always talking about competition and making players work for their positions, but when it comes to coaches it's all about loyalty.

I'm back people didnt want my negative posts during the season well its over now and just like i was saying before watson sucks t-mart cant play under pressure and we was going to be in trouble if all we did is run.All of our defeats came frm teams playing the run cause they know we cant throw.And we need to change that fast cause going into the big ten next year like that wil NOT WORK lokk at michigan robinson started out good until they stopped him or just knock him out the game.

Anyone know the coach who spent the last few weeks coaching the offense and coaching the QBs? I'll give ya a hint, it was not Watson.

Who was coaching the offense and the QB's? And then who did the playcalling tonight?

Tim Beck.

Which is hilarious that Bo let Beck assume these responsibilities, then allowed Watson to playcall. Freakin' moronic to allow that to happen.

I am not sure I can watch the team if Watson et al. remain on staff. It is starting to feel like 2004-2007 all over again. It is hard to watch such pathetic effort. And for those of you who want to blame the players, just remember that from 2007 to 2009, Pelini took a bunch of Callahan/Cosgrove scrubs from the worst to D to the best in the nation. Under the right coaching, our offensive players could do the same.

I hear ya.

If Bo does nothing and SW/Gilmore run the show again for the 4th year year in a row....I'm done too.

Anyone know the coach who spent the last few weeks coaching the offense and coaching the QBs? I'll give ya a hint, it was not Watson.

Who was coaching the offense and the QB's? And then who did the playcalling tonight?

Tim Beck.

Which is hilarious that Bo let Beck assume these responsibilities, then allowed Watson to playcall. Freakin' moronic to allow that to happen.

That is pretty strange. I would think you would want Beck to call the plays since he did the gameplanning and all. That is all on Bo if that is the case.

I hear ya.

If Bo does nothing and SW/Gilmore run the show again for the 4th year year in a row....I'm done too.

BLTTDPXKUNGSUPG.20060717024533.jpg

Do not let this idiot get a pass. I'm still :facepalm: at allowing a 3 man rush to beat a 6 man line.