Sade Decommits

People are freaking out over the Sade and Mitchell decommits way too much. Two scenarios where the kids decided that the personal comfort of being close to home, family and friends are more important to them than success of programs and chances to work with coaches to further their development as an athlete. This happens a lot. Yes it stings, but can you honestly fault either of the two? If you do take a step out of your personal hypocritical bias. It is not like either of these two have came out and dogged the coaches, facilities or program. They made a choice that makes them feel more comfortable about where they may be for the next four/five years, power to them.

People are freaking out over the Sade and Mitchell decommits way too much. Two scenarios where the kids decided that the personal comfort of being close to home, family and friends are more important to them than success of programs and chances to work with coaches to further their development as an athlete. This happens a lot. Yes it stings, but can you honestly fault either of the two? If you do take a step out of your personal hypocritical bias. It is not like either of these two have came out and dogged the coaches, facilities or program. They made a choice that makes them feel more comfortable about where they may be for the next four/five years, power to them.

Agreed Paul. I do think that the performance in the bowl did open up his mind to other options. The flood gates are not open ... but there are cracks. In the end, what you said I agree with and I'm not on the bandwagon as some I've heard saying, "here it comes ... let the decommits begin". Those kinds of "fans" obviously don't see the whole picture and the process ... they just want wins and can see anything other then the color red.

SheepdogMark

Agreed Paul. I do think that the performance in the bowl did open up his mind to other options. The flood gates are not open ... but there are cracks. In the end, what you said I agree with and I'm not on the bandwagon as some I've heard saying, "here it comes ... let the decommits begin". Those kinds of "fans" obviously don't see the whole picture and the process ... they just want wins and can see anything other then the color red.

SheepdogMark

i also concure... i think it just made NS think... hummm well Nebraksa isn't as great as i thought (he thought wrong of course) and NC state is a lot closer and people love NC state a lot in the Raleigh area...... sooo well i'll just go there......

The kid from Norfolk Catholic Farlee has a legit leg. I witnessed him kick a 57 yard field goal in a playoff game this year. Yes it was with the wind. In warmups, however, he was kicking off the tee from the 40 into the wind. NU needs to land this kid. He is legit.

P.S. He was a starter on defense and returned kicks as well. He is an athlete! Sound like some other successful kickers we have been blessed with?