Ohio State, Arkansas Offenses

mwj98

As I am watching these two teams play, I can't helped but wonder how our beloved huskers would perform with these offenses in place. We don't have a Mallet or a Pryor, but I don't see too many zone reads, shifting and wildcat. I have seen a fullback, imagine that, a fullback...and blocking of all things.

At the end of the day, you can be as fancy as you want. You still have to stick to the fundamentals. Vanilla offenses work. Mix in some play action and you have consistency. That's why the option was so good. You lined up and hit the man in front of you.

Just frustrated watching simple offenses work consistently.

If we went with a friggin wing-T, I'd be happy.

Go Big Red!

One thing about Tressel's teams is their turnover margin. The D is always forcing turnovers and the offense rarely gives them up. THey have very good with ball security.

Agreed. The defensive mindset is when we're not pressuring the QB, we will look like we are and you will forget to account for the DL that dropped back into coverage.

One thing about Tressel's teams is their turnover margin. The D is always forcing turnovers and the offense rarely gives them up. THey have very good with ball security.

Winning the turnover battle usually gets you the W. It's as simple as that.