Scott Frost

cerny50

I know, boring subject, not gonna happen etc. But I would hope like no other that Gilmore is not returning for next season. Given the fact that Frost is one of the only WR coaches that has come up as a replacement does anyone think that Bo is just waiting until they are done w/ their game? Am I just dreaming that Gilmore is going somewhere else?

U do bring up a very interesting point, if there's a guy out there we're interested in but his team is still in season we want to wait until that season is over then begin discussion about coaching changes.

Idk Frost seems like he'd be more of a QB's coach and make Watson OC only not QB coach, someone to be down on the field to work with the QB's when they come off the field, Watson is always up the box so he can't really coach em up quick one on one on the sideline which the past couple of years I think our QB's really needed someone that a had a feel for the game on the sideline that could coach them up.

QB coach? I think he coached LB's at northern iowa or somesuch sort of place, and wr at oregon. not sure what else he has done where else. Played safety in the NFL and runningback in college :P

Idk Frost seems like he'd be more of a QB's coach and make Watson OC only not QB coach, someone to be down on the field to work with the QB's when they come off the field, Watson is always up the box so he can't really coach em up quick one on one on the sideline which the past couple of years I think our QB's really needed someone that a had a feel for the game on the sideline that could coach them up.

QB coach? I think he coached LB's at northern iowa or somesuch sort of place, and wr at oregon. not sure what else he has done where else. Played safety in the NFL and runningback in college :P

He's was a QB in college and you don't think he'd know anything about coaching QB's or what it takes to be a QB huh?

He's was a QB in college and you don't think he'd know anything about coaching QB's or what it takes to be a QB huh?

Here, let me introduce you to sarcasm.

Supposedly Frost was interested in being a defensive position coach when Bo was hired here, and Bo wasn't interested in him. 'not seeing eye to eye' is the phrase often thrown around, not sure if that specifically relates to Frost as a defensive coach or just as a coach in general.

Frost has a good thing going at Oregon right now though and I wonder why he would even want to leave it. He needs more years of seasoning before moving up any more, and where better to do that than at Oregon? Coming here to run Bo's show seems like it would be the kiss of death honestly. If/when Chip ever leaves Oregon, then think about a lateral move to get even more experience, or try to rise up through the ranks somehow.

Supposedly Frost was interested in being a defensive position coach when Bo was hired here, and Bo wasn't interested in him. 'not seeing eye to eye' is the phrase often thrown around, not sure if that specifically relates to Frost as a defensive coach or just as a coach in general.

Frost has a good thing going at Oregon right now though and I wonder why he would even want to leave it. He needs more years of seasoning before moving up any more, and where better to do that than at Oregon? Coming here to run Bo's show seems like it would be the kiss of death honestly. If/when Chip ever leaves Oregon, then think about a lateral move to get even more experience, or try to rise up through the ranks somehow.

Hm interesting, thanks for the info.

Seems less like hypocrisy and more like the kinds of similarities that would cause clashes, though.

An announcer in one of tonight's playoff games commented about how all coaches have to be control freaks of some kind. I guess arrogance would have to come with the territory. I think they were talking about Carroll, but a lot of the top coaches do often seem to be ... personalities. Almost makes them hard to root for sometimes, depending on the kind of personality it is. Can only imagine what might happen to Belichick if he starts to lose. Hope the same thing doesn't happen to Bo, but, he's setting himself up for it and should watch himself.

newearthhusker said that Frost was "sniffing around" the football offices when Bo was hiring his staff, and I guess we are to assume Bo didn't like that. newearth then tried to say there was no negative connotation to the verb "to sniff around", which I disagreed with.

I think Frost has quietly built up a pretty solid resume, and only hearsay says he done anything but well at Oregon. Some of the quotes from Bellotti after the hiring really go above and beyond the normal coachspeak praise:

"Scott was one of the most impressive young men I have ever had the opportunity to interview," Bellotti said in announcing Frost's hiring. "I felt his passion and knowledge for the game was extremely enlightening and believe that will carry over into his ability as a coach and a recruiter."

One poster also said he made a Sporting News list of top positions coaches (I don't subscribe so I can't confirm this). If Gilmore were fired, I see no reason why Frost shouldn't get a serious look to replace him.

You have to understand though, the firing of Solich caused a massive rift in the Husker fan base that still exists to this day. A certain group of Husker fans who supported the firing were very angered by what they perceived to be an ignorant defense of Solich and all things "tradition" (option offense, I-formation, walk-ons, etc.). I certainly agree that many people uncritically accept the past in fear of change... I just never got as steaming mad as the people in this group did. And their anger has remained in them to this day, over seven years later. So when people suggest a former player (from the "old days") be given a shot at a coaching job, the rage creeps out.

But I (and many others who have mentioned Frost as a possibility) never said, "Dad gummit, make him the offensive coordinator and let's run the option/power game outta the ol' I-formation. Bring in a bunch of walk-ons from Paxton and coach them up to be champions like the good ol' days!"

No, I just said, Frost has a solid resume, has played and coached under many great football minds, and seems to have a passion to return to Nebraska at some point, so he's probably worth a good look for the WR coach spot.

• Fire 1