Scott Frost

cerny50

Ive thought this all along....

If Scott Frost is good enough to coach at Oregon then he is good enough to coach at his alma mater, Nebraska. I would have no problem taking a chance on him and bringing him in as OC. Id rather see him come here as a position coach first and work his way up to OC, coaching here for his whole career. However, you cant honestly tell me he doesn't have the football knowledge to call plays here at Nebraska and be our OC. He might have to learn a little on the fly but isn't that what good ol Bo Pelini is doing as our head man?

• Fire 1

The only people that dont want him at NU are BCers

Doubtful.

I hope the Oregon Fans don't want him here.

I also wonder a little about his character after not doing more to stop LP from dragging a mutual friend (and Nebraska's reputation) down a flight of stairs.

I'm willing to chalk it up to lack of experience.

I think most people do not assume that another person will grab a girl and drag her down some steps. My guess is that by the time he could have reacted at all that it would have been to late.

The fact that you even think this is some kind of red flag is odd.

I wouldn't call it a red flag, but I would be curious to find out what really happened.

I'd vaguely remember someone here mentioning something about him hiding/cowering in his own shower, but I really doubt that was the case..but then, you never know what you deserve when you fool around with a teamate's girlfriend...Or was he just trying to provide shelter/warm shoulder to cry on?

I'm just trying to come up with a possible opposing viewpoint ahead of time so we don't just rubberstamp him in here..I'd sorta like to see him give up the great hunting in Oregon and coach at DONU..

Even after having to endure the taunts of my co-workers because of the crying pleas for the MNC in '97.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK4eg1K08nk

Not near as bad as I was led to remember.

Doubtful.

I also wonder a little about his character after not doing more to stop LP from dragging a mutual friend (and Nebraska's reputation) down a flight of stairs.

I think most people do not assume that another person will grab a girl and drag her down some steps. My guess is that by the time he could have reacted at all that it would have been to late.

I wouldn't call it a red flag, but I would be curious to find out what really happened.

I'd vaguely remember someone here mentioning something about him hiding/cowering in his own shower, but I really doubt that was the case..but then, you never know what you deserve when you fool around with a teamate's girlfriend...Or was he just trying to provide shelter/warm shoulder to cry on?

I'm just trying to come up with a possible opposing viewpoint ahead of time so we don't just rubberstamp him in here..I'd sorta like to see him give up the great hunting in Oregon and coach at DONU..

Even after having to endure the taunts of my co-workers because of the crying pleas for the MNC in '97.

To be fair, my ex-gf went to DONU during that time, she knew alot of the football players from those teams. She said that the one guy that EVERYONE on campus was scared of was LP, said he was freaking crazy. Not even the Peter brothers nor Scott Baldwin were as feared as LP.

Doubtful.

To be fair, my ex-gf went to DONU during that time, she knew alot of the football players from those teams. She said that the one guy that EVERYONE on campus was scared of was LP, said he was freaking crazy. Not even the Peter brothers nor Scott Baldwin were as feared as LP.

Well, he has done a lot since to confirm that he is, in fact, crazy.

Doubtful.

Well, he has done a lot since to confirm that he is, in fact, crazy.

He has at that.

Time to get Frost on the staff. IMO he could fit the bill for a promotion here as receivers coach plus recruiting coordinator (he has four :star :star :star :star recruits right now for Oregon's class). Gilmore can exit (why does he have an assistant head coach tag?). I would give that tag to Beck. Get an offensive coordinator and Oline coach as we all know. But IMO Frost can recruit receivers which is one area of recruiting we have not done well in. Frost is not the biggest piece of the puzzle but an important one.

Doubtful.

Well he did stop Oregon's thug RB Blount two years ago from jumping into the stands to attack fans at Boise State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb1ihBb1EYc

So he's batting .500 on restraining psychopath running backs. (Although of the two I'd be a little more afraid of LP)

Thing is, to get Frost you have to make him a coordinator. He won't come to be a position-coach. I don't know if Bo would give Frost that kind of responsibility.

Maybe "co-offensive coordinator?"

That's where I would put him. Give him a year or two under the helm at calling the plays and running the offense. He's not ready to be a full on OC just yet. Well, maybe at a D2 school or 1A but not in the Big 10. Not just yet anyways.....

Time to get Frost on the staff. IMO he could fit the bill for a promotion here as receivers coach plus recruiting coordinator (he has four :star :star :star :star recruits right now for Oregon's class). Gilmore can exit (why does he have an assistant head coach tag?). I would give that tag to Beck. Get an offensive coordinator and Oline coach as we all know. But IMO Frost can recruit receivers which is one area of recruiting we have not done well in. Frost is not the biggest piece of the puzzle but an important one.

I'm with you on Frost. I get somewhat humored by the folks that say that Scott doesn't have enough experience. Look at who he has mixed with in his career thus far ... look at who he can recruit ... and my God, he is the WR coach on the team that played for the championship. Isn't that a statement? We know who this kid was as a player, we know his character, we know his heart bleeds RED.

You would think one would do whatever they could to get him on the staff, not excuses why it can't work. From Scott's perspective, I would think he would take a lateral move, possible even a reduced role to get here ... knowing the opportunity down the road to coach at Nebraska ... atleast, that's how I would look at it if in the same position.

SheepdogMark

I'd say hire Frost either the OC or Receivers coach. Those damn Duck receivers were catching anything and everything thrown their way. If Frost can coach that white kid #23 on Oregon to be a stud wonder what he could do with receivers like Kinnie, Cooper, Enunwa

I'm with you on Frost. I get somewhat humored by the folks that say that Scott doesn't have enough experience. Look at who he has mixed with in his career thus far ... look at who he can recruit ... and my God, he is the WR coach on the team that played for the championship. Isn't that a statement? We know who this kid was as a player, we know his character, we know his heart bleeds RED.

You would think one would do whatever they could to get him on the staff, not excuses why it can't work. From Scott's perspective, I would think he would take a lateral move, possible even a reduced role to get here ... knowing the opportunity down the road to coach at Nebraska ... atleast, that's how I would look at it if in the same position.

SheepdogMark

I'm usually against hiring a guy just because he was a former player and a "Husker Guy", but I think you're spot on here. Frost is ZERO risk and HUGE reward coming here. Like I started earlier, I do not think he's ready to be our OC, but he needs to be on the staff at some capacity. Hell, he has the most experience in helping coach the spread option. Even if it's only coaching the WR's. That's more than what we currently have on staff now!