Scott Frost

cerny50

Since it hasn't been stated in this thread I'll go ahead and throw out the time Frost spent under Bill Walsh. Wasn't that why he originally went to Stanford?

He played under Bill Walsh at Stanford (west coast offense), under Tom Osborne at Nebraska (multiple I - option), now coaches with offensive guru Chip Kelly (spread option), and has worked with Bill Parcells, Monte Kiffin, Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin, and Raheem Morris. Quite the list of influences...

As for the disagreement with Bo... If what zoogies said is correct - Frost wanted a defensive position coaching job - then I completely understand why Bo might have said no. Bo put together the best defensive coaching staff in the country when he came here, he obviously had a very clear vision of where the defense was going to go, and who he needed to implement his plan. Out of Carl Pelini, Mike Ekeler, Marvin Sanders, and John Papuchis, who would you have traded for Scott Frost? None of them, in my opinion.

However, on the offensive side of the ball, where Frost very likely has the chops to coach any position except offensive line and maybe tight end, I think it would be unwise to not give Frost a shot if we have the opportunity to hire him. I think he would probably do better with our QBs or our WRs than our current position coaches. As we make this transition into the spread option game, recruiting QBs like Martinez and Turner and Starling who are all less experienced in the passing game, I think it would be wise to have a former dual-threat QB and a true leader like Scott Frost to coach those players. It worked pretty damn well with Turner Gill, anyways...

Certainly not a big time QB recruit within the last day or so.

The one that's going to play MLB?

Does it matter?

Yeah... It doesn't matter if you sign the best football player of all time if they end up deciding they'd rather play baseball. You're still losing the recruiting battle, just to a different opponent than usual.

The argument being made here is that no recruit would ever commit to us because of Watson.

Doesn't matter if Starling leaves because he has $5 million guaranteed being thrown at him, that doesn't change the fact that that argument is flawed.

One poster also said he made a Sporting News list of top positions coaches (I don't subscribe so I can't confirm this). If Gilmore were fired, I see no reason why Frost shouldn't get a serious look to replace him.

I heard a few weeks back on Unsportsmanlike Conduct that Sporting News featured Scott Frost as one of the top 5 future offensive coordinator stars, or something like that... They said on the show that it wasn't featured online, but it was in the actual magazine...

The one that's going to play MLB?

Does it matter?

Yeah... It doesn't matter if you sign the best football player of all time if they end up deciding they'd rather play baseball. You're still losing the recruiting battle, just to a different opponent than usual.

The argument being made here is that no recruit would ever commit to us because of Watson.

Doesn't matter if Starling leaves because he has $5 million guaranteed being thrown at him, that doesn't change the fact that that argument is flawed.

I was only arguing that boasting about a coach's recruiting chops by sighting a kid that most people think will never end up on campus is itself a flawed argument.

Frank Solich got Carl Crawford to commit to Nebraska. That doesn't change the fact that a couple years later, Carl Crawford was playing MLB, and Frank Solich was looking for a new job.

Wow, what is with the hate for Harvey Perlman.

Guy was instrumental in getting us to the Big 10. He has a lot more responsibility than a football team or athletics for that matter. He is a bigger asset to the university than Bo As good as Bo is. In any case it's nuts to judge a university chancellor on athletic merits.

Not to mention Perlman 1) Firing Pedey 2) Bringing in TO, who brought in Bo

The Boosters were behind the firing of Pud...not Pearlman

The only people that dont want him at NU are BCers

Doubtful.

I hope the Oregon Fans don't want him here.

I also wonder a little about his character after not doing more to stop LP from dragging a mutual friend (and Nebraska's reputation) down a flight of stairs.

I'm willing to chalk it up to lack of experience.

To clarify for those that are in the dark and completly clueless, you know you are out there, or to blinded by your anti-Watson glasses, zoogies is talking about Bubba Starling. So yes it has been said about the guy.

Bubba who?

The only people that dont want him at NU are BCers

Doubtful.

I hope the Oregon Fans don't want him here.

I also wonder a little about his character after not doing more to stop LP from dragging a mutual friend (and Nebraska's reputation) down a flight of stairs.

I'm willing to chalk it up to lack of experience.

I think most people do not assume that another person will grab a girl and drag her down some steps. My guess is that by the time he could have reacted at all that it would have been to late.

The fact that you even think this is some kind of red flag is odd.

• Fire 2

Would it be nice to have him here, absolutely. I mean, other than that, what purpose is he gonna serve outside of a QB coach. He doesn't have the expirience to be an OC, lets be honest.

Unless Watson gets let go, and our "OC-to-be" isn't going to coach the QB's, then this is a bit of a exercise in futility.

I don't know is Frost will come to NE but it would be great. I live here in Oregon and he gets good press for a position coach. In a article the other day he said that Nebraska practiced as fast as Oregon because they knew the importance of reps. Our offense certainly could use better execution; they are a pretty sloppy bunch.

I don't know is Frost will come to NE but it would be great. I live here in Oregon and he gets good press for a position coach. In a article the other day he said that Nebraska practiced as fast as Oregon because they knew the importance of reps. Our offense certainly could use better execution; they are a pretty sloppy bunch.

I think if there was a chance to get the kid to comeback in a coaching capacity, I'd say, by all means do so.

We'd just have to "make some room" for that too happen, and I don't think you'd get too many folks to say no on that.