Guys Get Over It.

I dont mean to be blunt but if i keep seeing a fire Watson thread or a Lets Change The Offence thread i need to speak up. Its obvious that Watson isnt going anywhere or he would of been gone already. Its obvious that no one is going anywhere because they would of been cast into the wind by now. We will be running this same type of offence next year which means well be mediocre at best. Dont mean to be him humm ho drum but thats what im seeing. Actions needed to be taken and for whatever reason it hasnt happened. Get used to this because its obvious there not changing anything.

This is certainly a possibility, but if Watson stays then prepare yourself for a complete mediocrity of a season. It will be hard to keep interested when you know with an almost palpable sense of inevitability that no matter how well your defense plays, the offense will once again chain this program to the ground.

• Fire 4

I have a feeling we will see changes, but it might take a few weeks before anything conclusive comes out. Ekeler "leaving" was just the beginning.

There are only two more people being encouraged to look elsewhere for employment. Gilmore might follow Wats if he got a head coaching job somewhere but that's not looking likely. I could see Wats taking his NFL offer and the other person being "reassigned" or an announcement they are going to do something outside of football. I wouldn't expect too much till after signing day unless they do land a gig somewhere.

Why is Ekeler "leaving" and not leaving. Was he "forced" to "leave" or "asked" to "leave". Do you "know" "something" that the rest of us don't?

Lots of rumors as to why he was asked to leave. The one I've heard most and probably makes as much sense has to do with the fact that he walked a very fine line on recruiting ethics. I caught one blip on a board that was there for about 5 minutes stating an assistant coach could land NU in hot water and a high profile recruit might not be eligible but it was yanked down quick. I think it also had a booster involvement because UNL issued a reminder about recruiting again.

Here was the email that was sent.

NU Boosters, Alumni and Athletic Representatives Recruiting Guidelines

What Defines Recruiting?

Recruiting is any solicitation of a prospect or a prospect’s family member (or legal guardian) by a University of Nebraska staff member or athletic booster, for the purpose of securing the prospect’s enrollment and ultimate participation in the University of Nebraska intercollegiate athletic programs.

Who is a Prospective Student-Athlete?

A prospective student-athlete is a student who has started classes for the ninth grade or above, including students in prep schools and junior colleges as well as students who have officially withdrawn from a four-year institution and plan to transfer to another collegiate institution. In addition, a student who has not started classes for the ninth grade becomes a prospective student-athlete if the institution or a booster provides the individual or the individual's relatives or friends with any financial assistance or benefits that the institution does not provide to prospective students in general. A good rule of thumb is to treat ALL STUDENTS as prospects.

General Recruiting Guidelines for Boosters/Alumni/Representatives of Athletics Interests

• Boosters are not allowed to contact a prospect in an attempt to recruit or encourage attendance at the University of Nebraska.

o Types of prohibited contacts include, but are not limited to:

On-campus or Off-campus face-to-face conversation with prospect or the prospect’s relatives

Any form of written correspondence; and/or

Telephone calls to a prospect, the prospect’s relatives or coaches

• Boosters are not allowed to invite a prospect or the prospect’s relatives to any booster function or alumni event.

• Boosters are not allowed to provide a prospect or the prospect’s relatives with free or reduced rate transportation, meals, lodging, gifts, entertainment or expenses for any type of service.

• Boosters may send information (e.g., news articles, game programs, etc.) concerning a prospective student-athlete to the appropriate coaching staff.

• Boosters may attend high school and community college events, provided they do not contact prospective student-athletes, their families, coaches, counselors or high school administrators in an attempt to recruit the prospect.

• Boosters may continue pre-established friendships with prospects, their parents and relatives provided that the contact with these individuals is not arranged by a Nebraska coaching staff member, nor is the contact an attempt to recruit the prospect.

• Boosters may attend public events (e.g., banquet, fundraising event, or dinner) at which prospects are in attendance. However, NO contact or attempt should be made to recruit the prospect, including contact with the prospect’s parents, relatives or coaches.

• Boosters may not e-mail or post messages on a prospective student-athlete’s MySpace, Facebook or similar website encouraging attendance at the University of Nebraska.

• Boosters may not obtain film/videotape or transcripts from a prospective student-athlete’s educational institution in an effort to evaluate the prospect’s academic eligibility or athletics ability.

The guidelines above are not exhaustive. Any questions or concerns related to recruiting or any other topic should be directed to the Athletic Compliance Office at (402)472-2042.

ASK BEFORE YOU ACT!

Agree, if watson was gonna be let go or asked to leave/resign or whatever you wanna call it. I would have been done already, like last week. I dont think Bo is the type to fire someone without having a replacement in mind. I see it all the time in what I do, you know a guy/gal is gonna get canned.... the problem is finding someone that can come in and do their job with little or no additional training needed. This is why I dont think Beck is the guy that Bo wants to run this offense. Beck has never called plays before(that we know of). Bo wants a seasoned guy in this offense. I dont think their are too many unemployed coordinaters out that Bo sees fit to come in and make this thing right. We are all gonna have to deal with watson for 1 more year.

Speaking of Firing/Hiring.... when are we gonna hire an LB coach. We will need one especially against the teams that like to run the ball right up the gut(i.e. Wisconsin).