Jared Crick - returning for his senior year

knapplc

What should the rest of the Big Ten know about this guy?

He's big, strong and fast. He has a nose for the QB, and he will disrupt an offense if not accounted for.

However, he is not Ndamukong Suh. He is nullified by a double-team. He has been ineffective at times stopping the run game. He has had difficulty with fast, agile linemen. Crick is not a monster - he's just scary. And I fully expect him to improve on already impressive skills over the summer, and have a fine impact on the Huskers' inaugural Big 10 season.

The thing is, the line isn't just Jared Crick. The D Line also features Baker Steinkuhler at DT and Cameron "The Stache" Meredith and either Jason Ankrah or Eric Martin at DE. Meredith and Ankrah are fast rush ends capable of disrupting an offense. Martin is a converted linebacker with potential galore. Carl Pelini (Defensive Coordinator) famously said of Martin that "he will be the defense" in years to come. Steinkuhler will be entering his Junior season and should be a notable compliment to Crick. If Crick is being double-teamed, expect Steinkuhler to cause problems for the offense this year. Pay too much attention to Crick AND Stein, and expect trouble from either End.

This will be a solid, veteran unit anchored by Crick this year. I am excited to see what they do against the best the Big 10 has to offer.

Thanks, I'm excited to see how they do week in and week out.

I love how your line should be fresh going into conference play so we should see their best efforts not so hindered by the end of conference play fatigue/injuries. I'll be sure to take note of how well your line matches up against Wisky's line the most and then tOSU followed by Iowa. Those are going to be your three biggest offensive line threats.

Nerdwestern, Indiana and Illinois will test your secondaries for sure.

Thanks, I'm excited to see how they do week in and week out.

I love how your line should be fresh going into conference play so we should see their best efforts not so hindered by the end of conference play fatigue/injuries. I'll be sure to take note of how well your line matches up against Wisky's line the most and then tOSU followed by Iowa. Those are going to be your three biggest offensive line threats.

Nerdwestern, Indiana and Illinois will test your secondaries for sure.

And we all love how all of your skill/talent players will be ubber fresh, like as if they are playing their first game of the year or something, when ya'll come to Lincoln next year. :thumbs