Slot Receiver

Hunter94

TMart at slot who plays QB, then the 20+ receivers you do have why not use one of them.

That'something that's gotta be on the coaches doesn't it? I mean he's not kidding go to our roster and look how many WR we have and then look at all the ones that don't play, I know you can only field a certain amount at a time but how is there not more depth and talent there with all these kids that are young athletes brought to a FBS program like NU to play WR, it's shocking that we haven't seen more from a lot of these guys that have been in the program the last 2-3 years.

This is the first real year for us to run the zone read. We have an offensive staff that does not specialize in any of it and are learning along with the players. It isn't something that you can just go out and do it to perfection. How many on here just popped out of their momma and hit the floor running?

I'm willing to give the players and the staff atleast another year before I start getting my undies in a bunch.

• Fire 2

Tmart would do well at the slot receiver spot. He's a natural athlete and does well in space..I tend to think he's pretty comparable to Ryan Tannehill (a little smaller and little more wirey). However, I think a lot of us are forgetting that Taylor was only a redshirt freshman and it was only his first year at the helm. I understand that he had Jekyll/Hyde type of season, with the latter half of the season being plagued by injury/controversy/inconsistency, but because of the bright spots I saw out of him this season, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and reserve my judgement on him until next season. He's got another offseason to get better, look over the film, learn from his mistakes and further master the offense/pocket presence.

We are YOUNG at WR, put simply. As it was pointed out above, look for Kenny Bell to be in the thick of the slot receiver spot next year. I also look to see Quincy Enunwa, Khiry Cooper, Stanley Jean-Baptiste in the mix. Will Gilmore be able to coach these boys up? Will he be able to put the right guys on the field and finally get us some productive WR play? Who knows. I'm still crossing my fingers that he wont be with the program next season.

The only way Tmart moves to WR is if Green by some divine miracle puts everything together and becomes the QB that he was hyped to be coming into Nebraska.

Lastly, losing Niles Paul isn't much of a big deal. We're losing a huge ego and a giant waste of God given talent in him.

This is the first real year for us to run the zone read. We have an offensive staff that does not specialize in any of it and are learning along with the players. It isn't something that you can just go out and do it to perfection. How many on here just popped out of their momma and hit the floor running?

I'm willing to give the players and the staff atleast another year before I start getting my undies in a bunch.

Yep. Let's just waste a couple more years of top 10 defenses...so we can "hope for the best".

Makes sense to me.

I'm probably going to get drawn and quartered for this, but we truly need the WR's that were here the last two years of the Clownahan regime.

No doubt about it, Swift, Peterson and Purify was probably the most productive WR trio in Big Red History. Guys caught everything thrown at them and could move the chains.

I'm probably going to get drawn and quartered for this, but we truly need the WR's that were here the last two years of the Clownahan regime.

No doubt about it, Swift, Peterson and Purify was probably the most productive WR trio in Big Red History. Guys caught everything thrown at them and could move the chains.

Completely agree. Even Terrance Nunn was pretty productive, but he'll always be remembered for that fumble against Tejas. :madash

Completely agree. Even Terrance Nunn was pretty productive, but he'll always be remembered for that fumble against Tejas. :madash

That and Jordan Monroe. :corndance

That and Jordan Monroe. :corndance

I don't see it. She's certainly cute, but I see better looking girls walking around campus. :dunno

Agree with the group assessment of Swift, Peterson and Purify. Great trio, and I'd give Hujan's left arm to have them back.