Memorial Stadium

marble

There's truth to the idea that you have to pay for the best. But there's also truth to the fact that a LOT of families can't afford a $55 ticket (or two) to take Jr. to his first game.

Everyone likes to complain now about how dead our crowd is... well, we've priced tickets out of the range of the kind of people who would go to a game and scream for four quarters. Tickets can most readily be afforded by the Sit Down Blue Hairs.

I totally understand your point, but how do our ticket prices compare to stadiums that are usually rocking, say VA Tech or LSU? I find it hard to believe that our ticket prices are that much higher than other stadiums around the country that are extremely rowdy.

I don't think it has as much to do with the ticket price as it does the donation system required to obtain season tickets. That's some serious money to shell out.

Good question. I don't have time to dig through all of this right now, but I found THIS BLOG that broke down ticket prices. I make no claim to the veracity of their numbers.

There's truth to the idea that you have to pay for the best. But there's also truth to the fact that a LOT of families can't afford a $55 ticket (or two) to take Jr. to his first game.

Everyone likes to complain now about how dead our crowd is... well, we've priced tickets out of the range of the kind of people who would go to a game and scream for four quarters. Tickets can most readily be afforded by the Sit Down Blue Hairs.

I said the same thing in the last thread about crowd noise.

$55 a ticket isn't completely unreasonable but that's not the whole price of a ticket.

19330487.th.jpg

Donation requirements went down a little this year but as you can see, a decent ticket is still at least a $1000 donation. All fine and good if you can write that off your taxes as a charitable donation, but for those who can't too bad (should we be subsidizing sports to begin with?). The cheap seats in the upper end zones...well if you've ever had tickets up there you know how bad they suck. Terrible access (takes at least 30 minutes to get to your seat from gate) and really cramped. The bathrooms in memorial are little better than cesspools, which you'd think they could maybe make decent with all those millions that have been spent making the outside look nice.

Ok just ranting..

I said the same thing in the last thread about crowd noise.

$55 a ticket isn't completely unreasonable but that's not the whole price of a ticket.

19330487.th.jpg

Donation requirements went down a little this year but as you can see, a decent ticket is still at least a $1000 donation. All fine and good if you can write that off your taxes as a charitable donation, but for those who can't too bad (should we be subsidizing sports to begin with?). The cheap seats in the upper end zones...well if you've ever had tickets up there you know how bad they suck. Terrible access (takes at least 30 minutes to get to your seat from gate) and really cramped. The bathrooms in memorial are little better than cesspools, which you'd think they could maybe make decent with all those millions that have been spent making the outside look nice.

Ok just ranting..

I pay $150 per ticket for my donation. I'm in Row 26 of the north enzone behind the goal posts. I don't think thats bad. I can usually sell my tickets to one big game a year and make up almost the entire purchase price. This year we got $500 per ticket for Texas when we sold them in September.

You want to bitch about prices try going to a broncos game where sh#t tickets run $150 and the football and game day suck worse.

The only bad part is the fans will end up paying for it all.

The athletic department already has accumulated about $25 million in gifts and contributions toward the project. Osborne anticipates another $15 million in private donations toward the project, with the remaining $15 million to be financed with bonds to be repaid through ticket sales.

Whats a ticket gonna be in 5 years $80, it's an outrage.

Outrage???????????? Can't remember the last time I wasn't thrilled to just have tickets. Our football weekends in Lincoln are always special. I don't really ever think about the cost because the experience is always worth it.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

• Fire 1

Just something I did when bored instead of schoolwork, so dont get on my ass about details. Obviously I just threw the south stadium in there as a pipe dream but seems something plausible as an easy and cheap expansion without demolition down the road in the Big Ten.

1_24.jpg

2_2.jpg

3_20.jpg

4_7.jpg

Awesome design jwhbigred, hopefully it will look something that is that cool in the future! :thumbs

Can we get a better sound system in the stadium? I think, from what I read correctly, all of the sound comes out of the north end-zone, so I'm sure it is fairly loud there, but as a student in the South end-zone, you can barely hear anything that comes out of the PA system, it is truly sad.

The Tunnel walk is hard to hear, and doesn't have as much of a felling when you can't hear it. Same goes for caNUfeelit and other songs throughout the game. This has GOT to be addressed, because I remember the sound used to be so much better before the North end-zone expansion.

I don't think it's the fans being louder, although I think we need to be louder, but I think a new PA system would help a ton as well. Any experts that have any information regarding that issue?