Memorial Stadium

marble

From the initial mock-ups, it would look more like this. It's gonna be :nanalama. The only bad part is it sounds like they're gonna be building a parking garage on the east side as well. Bye-bye lot 12 parking and tailgating. :angry:

I don't know if I like that design. Just looks like a lot of wasted space for only 5,000 extra seats. If they didn't have the club seats they could've easily put another 10-15k seats.

I imagine it's pretty awful in the North end-zone because that's the only source of sound, so you would think they would want to distribute it a little bit more evenly. It is either too loud or too quiet, I haven't been in the north stadium for a while, just been in the south and it's unbearable compared to how the sound used to be in the stadium.

From the initial mock-ups, it would look more like this. It's gonna be :nanalama. The only bad part is it sounds like they're gonna be building a parking garage on the east side as well. Bye-bye lot 12 parking and tailgating. :angry:

I don't know if I like that design. Just looks like a lot of wasted space for only 5,000 extra seats. If they didn't have the club seats they could've easily put another 10-15k seats.

I agree, but club seats = $ moolah $

I agree, but club seats = $ moolah $

Yup big time donors want club seats what a bunch of mooseknuckles. Seating in club seats for a football game ruins the environment for me. I want to be down with the crowd obsurbing all of the excitement in air and high fiving people I've never met before when we score a touchdown.

The only bad part is the fans will end up paying for it all.

The athletic department already has accumulated about $25 million in gifts and contributions toward the project. Osborne anticipates another $15 million in private donations toward the project, with the remaining $15 million to be financed with bonds to be repaid through ticket sales.

Whats a ticket gonna be in 5 years $80, it's an outrage.

Tickets will be 80$ in 5 years simply because of inflation.

There's truth to the idea that you have to pay for the best. But there's also truth to the fact that a LOT of families can't afford a $55 ticket (or two) to take Jr. to his first game.

Everyone likes to complain now about how dead our crowd is... well, we've priced tickets out of the range of the kind of people who would go to a game and scream for four quarters. Tickets can most readily be afforded by the Sit Down Blue Hairs.

Your point is well taken, but I will say this:

I'm not a wealthy blue-hair, but August-January I drink cheap beer and my meals are bologna and hotdogs on bread (buns are expensive) just so I can make the game. $55 a ticket is very doable if you want to go bad enough.

By the way, I scream all four quarters ;)

• Fire 3

There's truth to the idea that you have to pay for the best. But there's also truth to the fact that a LOT of families can't afford a $55 ticket (or two) to take Jr. to his first game.

Everyone likes to complain now about how dead our crowd is... well, we've priced tickets out of the range of the kind of people who would go to a game and scream for four quarters. Tickets can most readily be afforded by the Sit Down Blue Hairs.

I'm not a wealthy blue-hair, but August-January I drink cheap beer and my meals are bologna and hotdogs on bread (buns are expensive) just so I can make the game. $55 a ticket is very doable if you want to go bad enough.

this is an excellent point. priorities.

I'm just talking the greed behind it all (college football in general). Money is no object to me when it comes to Husker football. My dad always talks of the screw job they do towards students charging them when in his day it was free.

If we really want to be honest here the problem came from students having the ability to take out gobs of money in the form of loans. No loans the students have no cash and the schools can't "milk" them dry.

What do the wife and kids eat?

Anybody thought about demolishing the east side balcony and then adding seats that are directly integrated with the main east side seating. You could then also tie them directly into north and south endzone seats. This would create more of a bowl shape and everything would be connected. You could then put your sky boxes on top on the east side. Might be more expensive but I think it would make it look way better. Take a look at a picture if you can't figure out what I mean.

I imagine it's pretty awful in the North end-zone because that's the only source of sound, so you would think they would want to distribute it a little bit more evenly. It is either too loud or too quiet, I haven't been in the north stadium for a while, just been in the south and it's unbearable compared to how the sound used to be in the stadium.

Now I understand all this talk about the sound.

I sit in row 4 of the north end and love it. A few times I ask what is said, but only because I wasn't paying attention.

As far as being blue haired, I agree. I feel like I am the only one that wants to stand and yell. 3 out of 4 quarters, we are sitting and that is annoying when I drive from Oklahoma city for every home game.