2011 Pre-Season All-Big Ten

BIG ERN

No on Caputo...in fact i was working out in the gym earlier today thinking of our O-line and huge they are and how everyone thinks we'll get steamrolled by the the B10 'bullies' and we're way to small.

and i was thinking--everyone on our line is like 310 lbs and our backups are too.

but then I remember Caputo get his salad tossed against aTm, ISU, and UW(2.0)

he may have great 'leverage' cuz he's only 5'11"...but when he got beat, he got BEAT.

I like him for his hustle, fight, and being a NE kid, but seriously? all B10? no way

I think Sirles is more likely. He got much better as the year went on, i thought.

As I said Caputo was my least likely player on here, but I haven't studied film on other o-lineman from the Big 10 to know enough who it would be due to the fact all the great lineman graduated or declared for the draft. Caputo was at least honorable mention in the big 12 while no one else on the line that returns got anything. Sure we can nitpick on 2 games, but look at the mizzou game where helu went untouched. Especially the 3rd td run Caputo did a nice job. For being young Sirles did well, but I seen him get worked countless times. BTW you don't have to be BIG to play the center position.

Sirles was a first year starter just like Caputo and got his ass handed to him a few times also. Just because he got beat a few times doesn't mean he is not a good center. I thought he done well for being a first year starter in a new system along with new blocking schemes and line calls.

Great off-season topic!

At DT I might go with Mike Martin at Mechicken instead of Mike Daniels. Daniels is no Karl Klug.

As for center, Caputo did a great job of filling in at a position of need. He certainly did well enough to earn a scholly, which is tough for a walk-on to do. But Michael Brewster would likely be ahead of Caputo as Big 10 All conference center. (I don’t think Brewster is entering the NFL early, is he?)

Great off-season topic!

At DT I might go with Mike Martin at Mechicken instead of Mike Daniels. Daniels is no Karl Klug.

As for center, Caputo did a great job of filling in at a position of need. He certainly did well enough to earn a scholly, which is tough for a walk-on to do. But Michael Brewster would likely be ahead of Caputo as Big 10 All conference center. (I don’t think Brewster is entering the NFL early, is he?)

Brewster is back and yes he has a better chance at All-Big 10 honors than Caputo (this was a dark horse pick for sure that has stirred some commotion, but debate is what these sites are for). As for Daniels I see him having a break out season after Iowa losing the rest of their d-line. Daniels is very athletic and has broken many weight lifting records at Iowa, but needs to work on using his arms and better footwork.

Great off-season topic!

Brewster is back and yes he has a better chance at All-Big 10 honors than Caputo (this was a dark horse pick for sure that has stirred some commotion, but debate is what these sites are for). As for Daniels I see him having a break out season after Iowa losing the rest of their d-line. Daniels is very athletic and has broken many weight lifting records at Iowa, but needs to work on using his arms and better footwork.

Yeah, I hear what you say. Time will tell. I just hope Daniels gets force-fed a huge helping of pancakes on 11/26.

Great off-season topic!

Yeah, I hear what you say. Time will tell. I just hope Daniels gets force-fed a huge helping of pancakes on 11/26.

I live in Iowa and a Nebraska win is a must because all my friends, and family (besides brother, mom, and dad) are hawkeye fans. A year of listening to them? No thanks.

Great off-season topic!

I live in Iowa and a Nebraska win is a must because all my friends, and family (besides brother, mom, and dad) are hawkeye fans. A year of listening to them? No thanks.

Ha ha! Same here, except I live in Illinois. I don't think we play them for a couple of years, but there are plenty of Illini fans around these parts. They tend to be pretty humble though. Since Illinois generally sucks.

Offense

QB – Denard Robinson (Michigan)

You'd take Denard over Terrell? Denard might be explosive but Terrell has big wins. Good arm too.

Especially for 2011, where Shoelace will have to learn a new offense. There's no way he belongs at #1 over Pryor.

Has it been confirmed that Pryor is actually coming back for his senior season??! Anyone know??

I saw this and thought maybe I should give it a try. So this is my pre-season All-Big 10, there are quite a few that we agree on, but there are some differences.

Offense

QB- Dan Persa (Northwestern)

RB- James White (Wisconsin)

RB- Edwin Baker (Michigan St.)

WR- Jeremy Ebert (Northwestern)

WR- Roy Roundtree (Michigan)

WR-Derek Moye (Penn St.)

TE- Kyler Reed (Nebraska)

OL- Michael Brewster (Ohio St.)

OL- David Molk (Michigan)

OL- D.J. Young (Michigan St.)

OL- Mike Adams (Ohio St.)