Amukamara Draft - Ninth, to the Cowboys?

knapplc

Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

A great value here, Amukamara is the best pure ball-hawking corner in the draft. A technician with outstanding instincts, ball skills and anticipation, he immediately provides an upgrade in the Dallas secondary. The Cowboys need help at corner, and this spot is still a tad too early to go with offensive line help based on current grades, so this makes sense. Amukamara is the kind of player that can help the pass rush and also make quick decisions turn into interceptions.

It's an Insider article, so maybe everyone can't read it. A couple of other highlights: Mel has Gabbert going fifth to the Cards, and Cam Newton going tenth, one spot after Prince. Amukamara is the second CB taken on Kiper's mock - Peterson from LSU is his first CB taken.

My team, the Titans, will GLADLY take Amukamara at #8. I don't think we are going to go quarterback, especially since Fisher has only one year left on his contract, he will not want to draft a quarterback and play him, but rather draft a guy that can make an impact. We will probably go free agency for quarterback, even though I was high on Vince Young as our quarterback.

As much as I like Prince, I have to say that Peterson is the better corner-back and more athletic, but they are 1 and 2 respectfully.

Finnegan, Verner, Amukamara would be the top 3 corners, along with Michael Griffin :hookerhorns at the Free Safety position.

Our secondary would one of the best in the NFL. :thumbs

But, we still have a moron defensive coordinator, who has a good philosophy, he just can't coach well, in Chuck Cecill and an incompetent head coach in Jeff Fisher, who is SUPPOSED to be a defensive minded coach, but can't even put a decent defense on the field. :facepalm::steam:bang

Sad. :(

I hope my Titans still take him anyway! :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2::throwdabones1: B)

I pray to god that Prince does not end up with a star on the side of his helmet

I like that you capitalize "Prince", but not "god". Priorities of a Husker fan.

What kind of comment is this? One guy is suddenly indicative of all husker fans? Or he has to believe what you believe? There are so many kinds of fail here it's ridiculous - not the least of which is the fact that this isn't the place for this kind of discussion.

Leave stuff like this in the Politics/religion forum, thanks.