diehard football fans, what do you do till spring?

Last year I had a heart attack and then ripped my rotator cuff apart. So last year was a little lighter than normal, but what follows is my normal routine.

I normally take off from training hard after the Senior Games in mid October. 1 January I normally start my cycling training for cyclecross. I compete in the World Senior Games most years, so have qualifiers in SoCal and Arizona for Road Biking and mountainbiking until early summer, during this four months I normally ride 200-250 miles a week. I use P90 during the month of February and May for cross training.

During the summer months I drive in different off road competitions, events accross the country. Continue training for Senior games through the summer, increase my mileage to 300 a week during August and cut back the first week of September to 120-140 with much tougher/demanding rides. During early September I increase my climbing to be close to 4000 feet three days a week. Compete in NORBA events when close by. Have done several 24 hour solo competitions, but really do not enjoy them. They SUCK!!!!

I attend the FJ Cruiser Summit in Ouray, Colorado during mid July and then to Moab, Utah for serious off roading for a week to ten days.

I normally kayak at least three times a week during the summer, can not do much running as knees have been a problem for the last year or so. I just bought roller blades to do on the Santa Ana River trail, it is a 36 mile out and back ride. It should be interesting.

Do a little horse back riding when time allows.

I miss the football, but I have plenty to keep me busy year around. Geezers have to stay active or we die!!!!!

Okaive,

Most likely have heard of Collin Edwards, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson. Wayne and Eddie raced for Kawasaki when I was racing coordinator for Kawasaki, I actually gave Collin his first bike when he was 7-8 years old. Great sport, but my side was Amateur MotoCross. Started Team Green with Dave Jordan in 1983.

Keep the shiney side up and the rubber side down!

Okaive,

Most likely have heard of Collin Edwards, Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson. Wayne and Eddie raced for Kawasaki when I was racing coordinator for Kawasaki, I actually gave Collin his first bike when he was 7-8 years old. Great sport, but my side was Amateur MotoCross. Started Team Green with Dave Jordan in 1983.

Man I would love to spend the day with those guys just to pick their brain and drink some beers.

I just try to keep my head down and do whatever it takes to distract me. The depression starts as soon as the footbal, both college and pro, begins to dwindle to just a few times per week. Then the absense of it all together. Then the countdown. I just try to settle into the notion of no football on the horizon....watch a movie, watch some reality TV, play a video game, watch other sports. None of that holds my attention like football, but I do whatever it takes. Tonight and Thursday I am watching American Idol. There is no way I would watch shows like that during football. Really, it's all about not thinking about football. It's not here. It won't be here for a LONG time. Get used to it, then look up in a while and BOOM there went JAN. and BOOM there went Feb. Etc....