Can some speculate on this mess?

I dont think anyone is saying the sky is falling, we are voicing our concerns. If you cant see whats going on with recruiting lately, you havent been paying attention.

There are legitimate concerns especially if we lose CJ and AA, Bubba probably wont make it and you almost always get atleast one non qualifier... that puts us pretty low as zoogies said. If we lose those 2 and pick up a few more last second projects, we will be lucky to hit 15.

Im sure we will pull out a few more, im confident we could close out by keeping our class in tact and hopefully pull Peat in, in a last minute shocker. And from the sounds of it were sitting pretty good with the kicker from florida. Even so we are going to have to press hard next year for LB TE and WR.

i think we limited our offers this year and focused on some bigger talent, we got good talent early and coasted on the last 5-6 guys we really wanted for this class, and when the season fell apart at the end so did recruiting.

Oh I know the concerns. But why do we need multiple threads saying the same exact things? I mean Crewe posted the same exact long post in two of them. Necessary? I don't think so. We got it the first time.

It was about as necessary as the endless amount of the sky is falling on recruiting. Why did I also post it on this thread? Probably because this thread was getting more traffic and replies that concur with major problems in recruiting. I moved it here to share my opposing view to more readers in an effort of not having to see more of these threads. Sorry I wasted your precious time, the scroll feature is amazing these days. Hell one post in two different threads trying to illustrate a point beats 6 threads about people pissing their pants.

Is it just me, or is recruiting this year pretty much the same as every other year? Late decommits and some last minute offers fall short. This class looks better on paper than the last 2, IMO. The only real difference is that the team finished the last 2 years on high notes and this year with a couple low notes. I think fan perception is the only real difference.

Worst than last year at this point in time. I think last year the staff made a hellacious push in recruiting at the end. This year, it is the opposite. We nabbed some key prospects we had good connections/ins on early, and we are just holding on for dear life at the end. Match last year's end game effort and this could have been a cornerstone class. A star-studded group like A. Green (fam), T. Moore (double fam), R. Reeves (Neb), Z. Sterup (Neb) don't fall into your lap every year, and what a waste of an opportunity to get a truly breakthrough class.

We'll be fine but to be honest with you Bo needs to work on his sideline behavior and we all know that. Personally I would have told Bo where to stick it. It has nothing to do with being a sissy or whatever. It has something to do with respect. I'm glad Pearlman showed Bo what is good for the goose is good for the gander. But if I was a top recruit and saw Bo ripping on Tmart......... adios.

Bo is no different from Saban, UCLA Head Coach, Will Muschamp, Bob Stoops, and so on!!! Cameras caught whats been going on on sidelines for years IMO. I do agree however that you must FINISH STRONG!!! Nebraska has an opportunity to contend for the BIG10 title and MNC next year, that's the open window to make it happen and have next year and the following year to have recruits jumpin to come join the Big Red Machine!!!!! With that said.......Charles Jackson has cemented his commit today with Coach Beck and JP while visiting the school and home!

We'll be fine but to be honest with you Bo needs to work on his sideline behavior and we all know that. Personally I would have told Bo where to stick it. It has nothing to do with being a sissy or whatever. It has something to do with respect. I'm glad Pearlman showed Bo what is good for the goose is good for the gander. But if I was a top recruit and saw Bo ripping on Tmart......... adios.

an ass chewing is exactly what martinez deserved (and probably could have used more of in his life). the kid delayed getting back to the game to go get his phone from the locker room and call his dad and then supposedly mouthed off on top of that. the only thing i'm disappointed in bo for is putting the kid back in the game afterward.

we've got a great coach that inspires love and effort in his kids and we've so far got the best recruiting class we've had in at least 4 years. excuse me for failing to see his demeanor as a major detriment to our program.

as long as bo watches the personal attacks on the refs, i'm all for a coach that shows he gives a damn. (and by the way, i give him an exemption for the personal attacks on burkes and co. in college station, given that crew was continually screwing his kids over (for the third time that season).) actually, now that i think about it, i'm also disappointed he didn't directly call out those crooked SOB's after the game.

as for pearlman, i have all respect for his right to reprimand bo about his behavior, but to call him out in the media like that ignited a firestorm of national attention and probably caused some pretty hard feelings for a great coach that suddenly started letting his name linger a bit too long in conversations for other jobs. i'd suggest pearlman leave media relations and coach management to TO in the future (note that TO apparently sides with pearlman on the issue but had the wherewithal not to call our coach out in the press.)

now that i've got that off my chest, let's celebrate the great news about CJ. huge, huge save to keep him at a position of need. (he must not have heard that bo was a big meanie.)

this class is much better than last year's..

Definitely for now, but the finish does not compare at all.

I really think we should be focusing on the effort put into recruiting, and the general attitude about it from the top down, rather than Bo's sideline demeanor. Small potatoes.

By the way, missed the comment by The Architect earlier - this is GREAT news about CJ cementing his commitment, and now we can breathe a sigh of relief. With similar good news about AA, it seems this class is now teetering off the edge of 'disaster' and heading back to solid footing.

I really think we should be focusing on the effort put into recruiting, and the general attitude about it from the top down, rather than Bo's sideline demeanor. Small potatoes.

Oh, I misread you then, haha sorry.

We'll see how the finish goes, but I agree it isn't looking as good.

not saying you're wrong, but why do you say so? i guess i may not remember the end last year as well as i should, but i do recall the saves on carnes and lavonte and the big news in landing cooper. am i missing something?

so far we've (apparently) saved CJ and abdullah from SEC schools closer to home, when both were thought to be out the door by many. i'd say that's roughly equivalent to saving carnes and lavonte. the other big late news i recall from last year was landing cooper and we've still got time to pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat in the next week to match that. carter would be a big-time addition, as would peat and we've still got a much needed kicker and a LB on the board.

not saying you're wrong, but why do you say so? i guess i may not remember the end last year as well as i should, but i do recall the saves on carnes and lavonte and the big news in landing cooper. am i missing something?

so far we've (apparently) saved CJ and abdullah from SEC schools closer to home, when both were thought to be out the door by many. i'd say that's roughly equivalent to saving carnes and lavonte. the other big late news i recall from last year was landing cooper and we've still got time to pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat in the next week to match that. carter would be a big-time addition, as would peat and we've still got a much needed kicker and a LB on the board.

Ya we can breath a huge sigh of relief getting CJ and AA to confirm their committs. That was huge and hopefully swings some momentum in recruiting. I think we end up getting Carter and Bondi Marco Bondi, and probably the best available (or any) WR that we are still in on. I think we can still end with a bang for this class, Peat is ALMOST a 2 for 1 deal and would be huge. Carter and Peat would give us a great end to the class and could very easily happen.

Are some of you off your meds?

The finish doesn't look to be as strong as the start but this is far from a disaster or a mess.

Isn't this class better than last year? Which was better than the year before?

When was the last time we had that many players in the Army AA game?

With the strong start did expectations get unrealistic?

Is this just holiday bowl hangover carrying into other fanbase impressions?

I look at this list of recruits and see a pretty damn good class. A little small but I bet we add a few. Our avg rank per player is pretty high.

Mild concern maybe but "mess" and panic. I just can't see it. Best class in years and we are still trending upwards.