No Football 101 for 2011

knapplc

Not sure what to make of this. We've been doing Football 101 for years at Nebraska.

Presented by the Bo Pelini Foundation and the Southeast Nebraska Cancer Center.

On behalf of the Bo Pelini Foundation, I wish to thank everyone for their support of Football 101. The board has decided to carry on the tradition of helping those in need in the state of Nebraska while building support and enthusiasm for Nebraska Football. However, to that end, after examining our fundraising events and reassessing their strengths and weaknesses, we have decided that we are going to step back and take a hiatus from Football 101 for 2011.

Because Mary Pat and I feel so strongly about finding a cure for breast cancer, the Foundation will still be making contributions toward that goal this year even though Football 101 is not taking place. Please consider us in the future when you are making charitable contributions as we will continue to give financial assistance to various organizations that fit within our mission statement as we have in the past.

Once again, in the name of the Bo Pelini Foundation, I thank you for your continued support.

Bo Pelini

President, Bo Pelini Foundation

LINK

Frankly, Bo's got more important things to worry about. He's got 11 new programs to get intimate with during the off-season. This alone pretty much means he'll have little to no "off-season" as it were.

That, and with people getting venomous about Shawn, would you really want to deal with that or subject your coaches to that if you're Bo?

This makes me really wonder about Bo. After all, coaches have charities so they connect with the community. It seems this move is done so that the coaches won't have to talk to Husker fans. Bo's experience might indeed be souring here. After this, it makes me wonder if he really was looking around for somewhere else to go. Nothing panned, and he didn't want to walk away from his head coaching gig, so he's waiting it out. But he doesn't want to talk to fans. He wants to coach and wait for his chance to leave. Good thing TO is around, because we are going to be looking for an HC soon...in one or two years max. I hope my gut feeling was wrong. I always thought he was staying and not interested in the Miami or other jobs, but, after reading the Football 101 release, it gave me pause. And to all those fans who say he needs every bit of time to diagnose the new conference, well, I just don't buy it. They have a lot of days to break down 12 games. A LOT of time.

This makes me really wonder about Bo. After all, coaches have charities so they connect with the community. It seems this move is done so that the coaches won't have to talk to Husker fans. Bo's experience might indeed be souring here. After this, it makes me wonder if he really was looking around for somewhere else to go. Nothing panned, and he didn't want to walk away from his head coaching gig, so he's waiting it out. But he doesn't want to talk to fans. He wants to coach and wait for his chance to leave. Good thing TO is around, because we are going to be looking for an HC soon...in one or two years max. I hope my gut feeling was wrong. I always thought he was staying and not interested in the Miami or other jobs, but, after reading the Football 101 release, it gave me pause. And to all those fans who say he needs every bit of time to diagnose the new conference, well, I just don't buy it. They have a lot of days to break down 12 games. A LOT of time.

Slow down pal

slowdown-day.jpg

overraction.jpg

I don't think this is an overreaction. I was pretty surprised they canceled it this year. The Big 10 move can't be why.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this is an overreaction. I was pretty surprised they canceled it this year. The Big 10 move can't be why.

Although I don't completely disagree with this assesment, the cancellation might be because of something as simple as not having enough registered participants. I mean, it takes money to put these things on, and there have to be other sponsors that participate. If they haven't recieved the support from the community it might have been a case of not being able to raise the money that they would like.