Bo on 1620 the Zone

Atta boy Dirk I knew you'd screw this up

Why hate on a reporter for asking the question that everyone is wondering? Like it or not, Bo can't just decide which questions can and can't be asked of him. Any real reporter worth his salt wouldn't let the person getting interviewed get away with that. You can't make him answer the question, but he sure as hell can't keep you from asking the question. It's not like Dirk is disrespectful in the way he asks the question. I say good for Dirk for not cowering to Bo like everyone else.

But didn't you think it made those reporters who asked coaching questions look like jerks? Bo told everyone before hand that he was only responding to recruiting questions then a couple of reporters asked about coaching changes. What part of 'I'm not going to discuss coaching changes during this time' do you not get? That's how it came off to me.

I think that Bo IS going to make coaching changes. He said that there would be a time to discuss that topic but it wasn't now. He might not have fired any coaches or hired anyone right now but whose contract wasn't renewed or who left on their own accord?

I think Bo was much more relaxed doing the teleconference versus a live conference with people breathing down his neck.

Just my take :)

Husker_x is spot, freaking, on. Bo can save himself a lot of grief by not playing games. What's so scary about these questions that he needs to avoid them? Honesty is always the best policy.

BINGO!

The fastest way to lose the good graces of Husker Fan is to lie to him. This is absolutely BS. We know, Bo. It's being reported. He can pretend all he wants, but he will not keep info like this from the public, and when it comes out it's time to come clean, not lie.

Why hate on a reporter for asking the question that everyone is wondering? Like it or not, Bo can't just decide which questions can and can't be asked of him. Any real reporter worth his salt wouldn't let the person getting interviewed get away with that. You can't make him answer the question, but he sure as hell can't keep you from asking the question. It's not like Dirk is disrespectful in the way he asks the question. I say good for Dirk for not cowering to Bo like everyone else.

But didn't you think it made those reporters who asked coaching questions look like jerks? Bo told everyone before hand that he was only responding to recruiting questions then a couple of reporters asked about coaching changes. What part of 'I'm not going to discuss coaching changes during this time' do you not get? That's how it came off to me.

I think that Bo IS going to make coaching changes. He said that there would be a time to discuss that topic but it wasn't now. He might not have fired any coaches or hired anyone right now but whose contract wasn't renewed or who left on their own accord?

I think Bo was much more relaxed doing the teleconference versus a live conference with people breathing down his neck.

Not at all. A real story broke today, publicly confirmed by an opposing coach. As a reporter you have to ask those questions, even if Bo says he doesn't want you to. That's your job. Period. You're only a jerk if you ask the question in a jerky way, ala T.J. Simers.

I'd like to add one other thing, and that is this.

If Bo truly believes that it would be better served for all parties involved to address the issue at a later time––and such would probably be the case if you were looking at multiple staff changes––that's FINE. The problem is he says he's not going to answer the questions, then starts answering them anyway by contradicting reputable reports. I mean, for a strategic mind like his, where's his sense?

"Bo, what about what the Indiana coach is saying?"

"No comment. All staff issues will be addressed in the coming weeks."

Boom. Done.

No, they were doing their job. They know about the recruits as much as we do. The elephant was in the room. Just acknowledge it

Husker_x is spot, freaking, on. Bo can save himself a lot of grief by not playing games. What's so scary about these questions that he needs to avoid them? Honesty is always the best policy.

BINGO!

The fastest way to lose the good graces of Husker Fan is to lie to him. This is absolutely BS. We know, Bo. It's being reported. He can pretend all he wants, but he will not keep info like this from the public, and when it comes out it's time to come clean, not lie.

EXACTLY!!! Bo can get by with "no comment's" on just about anything, but he starts lying to the fan base and thinking that we are too stupid to find out about it will have the entire Husker Nation turn on him faster than a speeding bullet. I was totally put off by his statements on certain issues. I understand that he is hired and paid to win games but to act like a prick anytime he is in the public eye is growing old fast!

BINGO!

EXACTLY!!! Bo can get by with "no comment's" on just about anything, but he starts lying to the fan base and thinking that we are too stupid to find out about it will have the entire Husker Nation turn on him faster than a speeding bullet. I was totally put off by his statements on certain issues. I understand that he is hired and paid to win games but to act like a prick anytime he is in the public eye is growing old fast!

Why does everyone assume that Bo is lieing? I'm thinking that he just isn't being completely straight forward.

BINGO!

Why does everyone assume that Bo is lieing? I'm thinking that he just isn't being completely straight forward.

Well..when you have another HC tell the press that he lost a coach due to him being hired by Nebraska and then have the HC from Nebraska say that he didn't hire anyone....that pretty much constitutes a lie. What gain does the HC who announced he was losing a coach have to gain by telling a lie? Sounds pretty much like Bo was not being truthful about the issue to me. I am sure I am not the only one who heard it that way as well.

I don't want a coach who parses words to the extent that we have to debate whether he was "lying" or "not telling the truth" or "not telling everything" or "not saying something that isn't true."

I hated it when Bill Clinton sat in front of Congress and debated with them over the meaning of the words "is" and "sex." That's the last thing I expect from the Head Coach of the University of Nebraska.