Recruit not happy about the Marvin situation

Rex is completely different from Bo. He doesn't care what information he gives out to the media and treats them like buddies. He'll say anything, he'll let his players say anything, he doesn't care. Really open with his program and any publicity is good publicity. He spits fire and relishes in the attention. Bo wants to shut down information flow out of Nebraska like it's Fort Knox, or New England.

I am more a fan of Bo's approach, by far. I just think he is missing that a key part of executing that plan is getting the local media to love him anyway.

"Bo wants to shut down information flow out of Nebraska like it's Fort Knox, or New England."

this is going to continue to be a problem for Pelini...he may think not, but it will be....not good.

By the way, just saw where Bo has talked to Jackson and everything is cool with both of them. Bo told him that everything happened very quickly and the Sanders resignation kind of came out of left field.

So, I guess we can all rest easy, Jackson isn't pissed at Bo.

link?

John Talman reported it on RSS, can't link it, premium content.

Rex is completely different from Bo. He doesn't care what information he gives out to the media and treats them like buddies. He'll say anything, he'll let his players say anything, he doesn't care. Really open with his program and any publicity is good publicity. He spits fire and relishes in the attention. Bo wants to shut down information flow out of Nebraska like it's Fort Knox, or New England.

I am more a fan of Bo's approach, by far. I just think he is missing that a key part of executing that plan is getting the local media to love him anyway.

"Bo wants to shut down information flow out of Nebraska like it's Fort Knox, or New England."

this is going to continue to be a problem for Pelini...he may think not, but it will be....not good.

I think it's fine. I like that kind of program, but then I'm a New England fan too. Bo just needs to do a better job of doing it. He can't make enemies, or resent being the face of the program (a good phrase I saw used earlier today somewhere).

Integrity, anyone?

This is not good. Don't like how Pelini has handled this situation.

I don't hear any other big name programs canning their asst. coaches the day after LOI day. Everyone fired their assts right after the bowl games and then just let the cards fall (recruiting-wise). Pelini was clearly trying to pull a fast one on these recruits, waiting until they signed binding letters of intent.

This just feels wrong IMHO.

I think it's fine. I like that kind of program, but then I'm a New England fan too. Bo just needs to do a better job of doing it. He can't make enemies, or resent being the face of the program (a good phrase I saw used earlier today somewhere).

New England has been doing it for years too. I can't remember back to whether or not Bill took some heat in the beginning for it or not. IMO, if Bo continues to do exactly what he does today - 3-4 years from now everyone will be used to it and the reporters will get far less enjoyment out of pushing his buttons.

Dirk has certainly divided factions on this one. He made enemies, he lost a lot of respect from a lot of fans. At the same time his loyal supporters are even more loyal than they were before, praising him as a journalistic genius. But in business, you're always fighting for that middle ground. That's where his new readers come from...and he just destroyed that middle ground with this one IMO. I was in that middle ground - and everything he writes for a long time will be taken with a grain of salt by this (now far from regular) reader.

New England has been doing it for years too. I can't remember back to whether or not Bill took some heat in the beginning for it or not. IMO, if Bo continues to do exactly what he does today - 3-4 years from now everyone will be used to it and the reporters will get far less enjoyment out of pushing his buttons.

Dirk has certainly divided factions on this one. He made enemies, he lost a lot of respect from a lot of fans. At the same time his loyal supporters are even more loyal than they were before, praising him as a journalistic genius. But in business, you're always fighting for that middle ground. That's where his new readers come from...and he just destroyed that middle ground with this one IMO. I was in that middle ground - and everything he writes for a long time will be taken with a grain of salt by this (now far from regular) reader.

i think college fans/boosters don't care for this approach...i think this thing goes way deeper than Dirk or any one journalist as well.......let's watch and see.

I think most people's opinions on this would be different if we didn't have such a great recruiting class.

I can understand CJ being upset about the whole deal. He is kept in the dark about the coach who is responsible for his development and potential for having a future in the NFL. Maybe there is a legitimate reason for this, we don't know yet. I'm wondering what Starling's reaction will be if Watson is fired.

By the way, just saw where Bo has talked to Jackson and everything is cool with both of them. Bo told him that everything happened very quickly and the Sanders resignation kind of came out of left field.

link?

60344848.jpg

I think most people's opinions on this would be different if we didn't have such a great recruiting class.

I can understand CJ being upset about the whole deal. He is kept in the dark about the coach who is responsible for his development and potential for having a future in the NFL. Maybe there is a legitimate reason for this, we don't know yet. I'm wondering what Starling's reaction will be if Watson is fired.

The better question may be whether Watson being retained would prevent Starling from turning down millions...

link?

60344848.jpg

We can all breathe a little easier, now if only ESPN will stop talking about it. :LOLtartar:espnsucks: