Bo: "No offensive staff openings" (Shatel Piece)

I assume you're not saying that Bo went and posted the opening on the computer system and then denied it. Pelini comes right out and says Jamrog may have posted that. So Bo very reasonably may not have known about the posting if someone (Jamrog? TO?) else did it.

I believe what Vince is saying is that Bo is not only the Head Coach, he's also the university's webmaster, so if anything gets posted it's done by his own hand, and he therefore knows. ;)

You looking to go 0fer on purpose or is it just you being you? Either way, you're succeeding.

Luckily, the average Nebraska fan doesn't get worked up into a frenzy every time Bo takes a crap, like everyone around here seems to.

This board can be quite embarrassing.

If possible I would have given you a plus 5. This is almost copy and paste from like 3 other threads.

BTW- did you all miss this?

2. Pelini had an agreement with Indiana coach Kevin Wilson not to say anything about assistant coach Corey Raymond coming to NU until Raymond had officially been hired. Wilson jumped the gun and confirmed the hire on Wednesday, national signing day, putting Pelini in a tough spot because he couldn't comment on Marvin Sanders' status.

3. Pelini said Sanders' future was not officially wrapped up until Thursday. Pelini said he was not at liberty to discuss Sanders and refused to comment on Sanders any further than his statement on Thursday.

5. Pelini wouldn't comment on Scott Frost or any of the other speculation involving possible offensive coordinators or assistants. However, he said there could be some staff movement next week.

Do you not see that he is being completely literal with his answers, based on contractual start dates and official announcements and doing everything in a "by the book" fashion. If you understand points 2 and 3 and then read point 5 none of this is a problem.

Some of you (currently being outvoted 3 to 1 in the teleconference poll) really seem to be stuck on this.

Those of you that think TO will step and and deal with your imaginary problem will probably be disappointed. I'd guess he has been part of decisions and information control all along.

I'd say 47 "yes" votes to 29 "no" votes doesn't exactly equate to 3 to 1. ;)

I assume you're not saying that Bo went and posted the opening on the computer system and then denied it. Pelini comes right out and says Jamrog may have posted that. So Bo very reasonably may not have known about the posting if someone (Jamrog? TO?) else did it.

I believe what Vince is saying is that Bo is not only the Head Coach, he's also the university's webmaster, so if anything gets posted it's done by his own hand, and he therefore knows. ;)

You looking to go 0fer on purpose or is it just you being you? Either way, you're succeeding.

What?

Guys, this isn't even that interesting. Maybe it's that I now expect way too little from our head coach, or maybe I'm just amused at the fact that he thinks he can say "There are no offensive staff openings," and thinks that'll just tidy things up, nice and clean-like.

I mean, admit it: On some level, how our coach acting is pretty adorable... It's like he doesn't even know the internet exists.

:lol:

Made me laugh. I want to highlight this post, though. Very good stuff from skersfan, as always.

Unfortunately the real problem is trust, faith, honesty.

Two weeks ago, not a single person on this board, had a negative thing to say about Bo. If a misgiving was mentioned that individual was normally chastized about it.

Now nearly all on the board are disappointed in our head coach, and I am sure quite a few of the newly signed players are not impressed by his actions or in the long run the University's.

The long term situation may give him less support on other actions down the road. He needs to be honest to the fans and the players. Technicalities to be screwed. He does not have to tell us what he is doing, but he never has the right to bold face lie to the fans or the recruits. This situation could have long lasting affect on his credibility from the fans, but most of all the future potential recruits.

I would guess, Coach Osborne will be saying something soon, either to Bo or to the fan base. I thinkt is is nearly to the point that it is needed.

I am most worried about future recruits, and also I suppose an extent, the buy-in from the team. If he ever loses that, it's bad news.

What?

That's your best post since you came here.

• Fire 2

No need to make a fight of it, V.

On the job posting online. I would not have any personal idea, but I'd say that if Bo didn't know it would be there, some failure of communication has occurred.

The whole philosophy of how to go about these changes is a little mystifying to me. Why don't they first announce that so-and-so coaches are leaving. And then when they are replaced, announce that. And leave it at that.

It's odd. If Bo is contacting offensive coordinator (or co-coordinator) candidates, or wide receivers coach candidates, then it seems fairly certain that Watson and/or Gilmore will not be retained past this year. The young and learning-on-the-job Miami GM was fairly ripped by some in the media for going after Stanford's Harbaugh this past offseason when he still had a coach, Tony Sparano, in place. And he came out and apologized for it.

Instead it seems that Bo wants the company line to be 'there are no coaches leaving' until they have already left and the new names are finalized with all due diligence processed. Except for Ross Els, who gets the speculation confirmed. I guess the Raymond situation is sensitive as they want to separate his and Marvin's moments a bit. All in all, odd.

No need to make a fight of it, V.

On the job posting online. I would not have any personal idea, but I'd say that if Bo didn't know it would be there, some failure of communication has occurred.

Maybe Bo didnt know. But you think he would get some PR advice to handle this. Jamrog needed to let him about this ASAP just to make him aware and how to handle this. The media picked up on this possibly several hours before the Shatel spoke with him. So yea some failed communication has occured.

Bo coudlve handled this better. I know he was trying to protect his coaches that are on the way out and doing everything by the book as far as contracts and what not. But does it really matter at this point. You got to protect yourself before everybody else. You may look like a fool in the end if you just go out denying everything.

Luckily, the average Nebraska fan doesn't get worked up into a frenzy every time Bo takes a crap, like everyone around here seems to.

If possible I would have given you a plus 5. This is almost copy and paste from like 3 other threads.

BTW- did you all miss this?

2. Pelini had an agreement with Indiana coach Kevin Wilson not to say anything about assistant coach Corey Raymond coming to NU until Raymond had officially been hired. Wilson jumped the gun and confirmed the hire on Wednesday, national signing day, putting Pelini in a tough spot because he couldn't comment on Marvin Sanders' status.

3. Pelini said Sanders' future was not officially wrapped up until Thursday. Pelini said he was not at liberty to discuss Sanders and refused to comment on Sanders any further than his statement on Thursday.

5. Pelini wouldn't comment on Scott Frost or any of the other speculation involving possible offensive coordinators or assistants. However, he said there could be some staff movement next week.

Do you not see that he is being completely literal with his answers, based on contractual start dates and official announcements and doing everything in a "by the book" fashion. If you understand points 2 and 3 and then read point 5 none of this is a problem.

Some of you (currently being outvoted 3 to 1 in the teleconference poll) really seem to be stuck on this.

Those of you that think TO will step and and deal with your imaginary problem will probably be disappointed. I'd guess he has been part of decisions and information control all along.

I "+1" this. I really wish people would read a whole article before complaining about one sentence. I really think it is "some" people on this board that are getting too caught up in semantics, not Bo.

Unfortunately, I have to agree, and it is getting much worse. I don't know if the past season's disappointment is just getting to everyone, or if it is something else, but every time I drop in I find myself wanting to drop in less often than the time before.

The whole philosophy of how to go about these changes is a little mystifying to me. Why don't they first announce that so-and-so coaches are leaving. And then when they are replaced, announce that. And leave it at that.

This whole situation is the same as the qb situation before the season started. Anyone outside the football program, including the fans and media, are on a need to know basis, and as far as Bo Pelini is concerened, we NEVER need to know.

Its so nice to know that we have a coach who will straight up lie to your face. Talk about integrity.

I agree. Some people just need to know EVERYTHING and are impatient. Seems to be a lot of Dirk clones on this website.

Did anybody ever think that the position has been filled but not announced yet, could that be a reason that there are no Offensive staff openings right now???

Two weeks ago, not a single person on this board, had a negative thing to say about Bo. If a misgiving was mentioned that individual was normally chastized about it.

:lol::laughpound

Excuse me for having a life and not depending on HuskerBoard as my sole or major source of entertainment. As for me being back, don't worry about it. I'll come and go as I please and when I do, I be like I've always been - to the point, matter of fact, and spot on.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

+1 to you both just for making me laugh.

:facepalm: (my first ever facepalm)

Why does Bo keep digging himself deeper? Some day he will have to take the head coach training wheels off. He definitely needs an admin assistant like Mack Brown has to deflect and act as a buffer.

i'll bet Bo farts in his seat at the movies......and then gets up and leaves...... :corndance

That was me..............WITH MY METHANE COMES OWNAGE

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though, when this is over Bo better explain all this if he expects folks to accept what he says ever again.