Bo: "No offensive staff openings" (Shatel Piece)

I really don't see the big deal. Bo does not owe anyone an explanation about when he will hire or who he will hire. He's paid to coach football and clearly hates dealing with the media and the questions and I don't blame him. He does make himself look a bit foolish, but I think he's just plain bad in the spotlight. We're blowing this way out of proportion. Once we find out who the hires are this will be old news, we'll forget about it, and we'll all imagine how unstoppable our offense will be next year and how we'll take the first Big 10 Championship.

I think Bo, like someone said, is just being extremely literal. Until someone's contract is up or it is "official," then no, there aren't staff openings. That's not how the question was intended, but that is how Bo is going to answer it. While he definitely has his flaws and could use a PR guy, he's a damn good football coach and I like to think he's a good person, despite his temper and lack of polish. He brings a lot of this on himself, but let's cut him some slack. At the end of the day the man is an old school, hardass, no-glitz-and-glamor football coach, and frankly I'll take that over some smooth-talking, greasy bastard like Slick Rick. He should definitely learn the phrase "no comment," but I really believe he's doing what he thinks is best for the football team and the program. He's not trying to deceive anyone, he just wants to handle business privately until everything is certain, which is how it should be. We're spoiled and demanding to think we should be entitled to every step in the decision-making process. Get real.

And saying everyone is up-in-arms over this is taking it too far. This will all blow over the minute the new coaches are announced, guaranteed.

I really don't see the big deal. Bo does not owe anyone an explanation about when he will hire or who he will hire. He's paid to coach football and clearly hates dealing with the media and the questions and I don't blame him. He does make himself look a bit foolish, but I think he's just plain bad in the spotlight. We're blowing this way out of proportion. Once we find out who the hires are this will be old news, we'll forget about it, and we'll all imagine how unstoppable our offense will be next year and how we'll take the first Big 10 Championship.

I think Bo, like someone said, is just being extremely literal. Until someone's contract is up or it is "official," then no, there aren't staff openings. That's not how the question was intended, but that is how Bo is going to answer it. While he definitely has his flaws and could use a PR guy, he's a damn good football coach and I like to think he's a good person, despite his temper and lack of polish. He brings a lot of this on himself, but let's cut him some slack. At the end of the day the man is an old school, hardass, no-glitz-and-glamor football coach, and frankly I'll take that over some smooth-talking, greasy bastard like Slick Rick. He should definitely learn the phrase "no comment," but I really believe he's doing what he thinks is best for the football team and the program. He's not trying to deceive anyone, he just wants to handle business privately until everything is certain, which is how it should be. We're spoiled and demanding to think we should be entitled to every step in the decision-making process. Get real.

And saying everyone is up-in-arms over this is taking it too far. This will all blow over the minute the new coaches are announced, guaranteed.

Ahh! A voice of reason. Well done sir! I was just thinking about how cool it would be for us to win the Big 10 Championship our first year. Now THAT would be news!

Maybe Bo HAS to be literal right now. Could there be a chance that there are some legal ramifications in play that we don't know about. The whole Marvin Sanders situation sounds like a really sticky situation.

Bo Pelini - "There are no offensive staff openings." Um, Bo...You might want to go online and see what the rest of the free world can see.

Offensive Job Opening

This is why people are starting to get sick of Bo's nonsense. Everyone knows the fricken sky is blue, but he's trying to tell us it's green. No it's not idiot...

well, if Frost turned us down, maybe we ARE still stuck with Watson?? OMG!!!! :bang:bang:bang

There are fates worse than death.....and that would be one of them.

:yeah

We knew what we were getting when Bo was hired, a temper and needed a little polishing. Calling this man a liar is :bs:!!! Lets see who's on staff and when they were hired, in the next week or two. Then we will probably understand why the announcements were delayed.

GBR!!!

Luckily, the average Nebraska fan doesn't get worked up into a frenzy every time Bo takes a crap, like everyone around here seems to.

This board can be quite embarrassing.

If possible I would have given you a plus 5. This is almost copy and paste from like 3 other threads.

BTW- did you all miss this?

2. Pelini had an agreement with Indiana coach Kevin Wilson not to say anything about assistant coach Corey Raymond coming to NU until Raymond had officially been hired. Wilson jumped the gun and confirmed the hire on Wednesday, national signing day, putting Pelini in a tough spot because he couldn't comment on Marvin Sanders' status.

3. Pelini said Sanders' future was not officially wrapped up until Thursday. Pelini said he was not at liberty to discuss Sanders and refused to comment on Sanders any further than his statement on Thursday.

5. Pelini wouldn't comment on Scott Frost or any of the other speculation involving possible offensive coordinators or assistants. However, he said there could be some staff movement next week.

Do you not see that he is being completely literal with his answers, based on contractual start dates and official announcements and doing everything in a "by the book" fashion. If you understand points 2 and 3 and then read point 5 none of this is a problem.

Some of you (currently being outvoted 3 to 1 in the teleconference poll) really seem to be stuck on this.

Those of you that think TO will step and and deal with your imaginary problem will probably be disappointed. I'd guess he has been part of decisions and information control all along.

GREAT post.

It's amazing how easily folks work themselves into a frenzy over essentially nothing. It's no secret that Bo wants another OC just like 90% of the fan base.....so what?

Yeah, it's official. Now we know for a fact there are staff openings, or will be shortly.

See, for a black and white guy, this gray area he likes to nestle in with the media gives the wrong impression. I'm guessing he's letting contracts run out, which they'll do in a week or so, and then we'll have staff openings. Still, what in the bleeding hell is wrong with NO COMMENT? Or a sister phrase like: "I can't/won't/will at a later time get into other staff issues, but for now I can tell you about coach X and Y"?

pitiful, i guess he likes playing games with people...fans will soon learn to hate this.

You know sometimes when you're trying really hard to nail someone and have an agenda to try and make someone look like an idiot you don't always see the big picture. Sometimes little things like "sarcasm" can fly right by a reporter.

Like every other post of mine, these are also rock solid. If they weren't I wouldn't post them. Why would I change my posts to be wrong so you could feel as though you are correct.

Again you're 100% wrong and no I'm not changing the facts so you can feel better.

Carrying On

I've missed being wrong like this. You don't post much anymore, so I end up being right more often by default. I take it you're back from your self-imposed hiatus and I'll be back to my normal wrong-headed ways again?

Excuse me for having a life and not depending on HuskerBoard as my sole or major source of entertainment. As for me being back, don't worry about it. I'll come and go as I please and when I do, I be like I've always been - to the point, matter of fact, and spot on.

As for you living here, congrats - I guess.

Slow clap .

:tv

• Fire 1

I find this hilarious.

OWH: http://www.omaha.com/article/20110204/BIGRED/702049787/-1#huskers-tight-lipped-on-job-posting

Keith Mann, athletic department spokesman, said he didn't have any information. Asked to check on who posted the job, he hung up the phone.

Bo has got the whole AD adminstration acting like junior high kids. Keith Mann should be cleaning this thing up, not dumping more gas on the fire.

Not sure if anyone posted this or not..

But Bo doesn't need to be lying when he says "no offensive staff openings." if the plan is to actually promote Beck to OC, and he continues to coach the backs... That leaves... 0 offensive staff positions open.

What about QB and WR coaches? And we wouldn't be looking so hard at Frost and Warinner if we weren't bringing someone else in.

Why does what Bo says or doesn’t say to the media surprise anyone anymore?

Also to the people on this site that are blasting Dirk and OWH, why? Because they aren’t rainbow and puppying this thing to death and are actually asking questions that a lot of fans want to know the answers to? I for one am glad there is a reporter out there that isn’t afraid to ask the tough questions. People loved it when he was all over Watson but now that he is questioning Bo it is the end of the world.

I find somes blind allegiance to Mark “Bo” Pelini more embarrassing then I do the people that are up in arms over his he smugness.

Just to brighten up everyones day

:wub::leghump: SCOTT FROST FOR OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::leghump:

:ph34r: :ph34r:

2. Pelini had an agreement with Indiana coach Kevin Wilson not to say anything about assistant coach Corey Raymond coming to NU until Raymond had officially been hired. Wilson jumped the gun and confirmed the hire on Wednesday, national signing day, putting Pelini in a tough spot because he couldn't comment on Marvin Sanders' status.

looks like i was right when i said it was kevin wilsons fault.

I come back after a little hunting trip and the board is getting worse and worse. Its really getting quite comical in here, with all the over reaction going on. Its funny, the guys who hang out on here all the time jump in and hammer Bo when something like this comes out. Once you start reading everyones posts, after a few hours it seems like more more people step in and try to inject a voice of reason.

For christ sake people he said there could be some staff movement next week.....ie nothing has officially happened yet. I guess some people just see it a different way. And if i had to guess, i would say 90% of husker fans have no clue we are ABOUT TO HAVE staff changes, or who marvin sanders is. When i talked to a few husker fans and work, they didnt even know who marvin sanders was let alone what he did or didnt do.

I think some of you fail to realize that we are a very small percentage of Husker fans, and certainly the most knowledgable. Most people could care less who our LB coach is. Hell most people at work would swear BO is my best friend i know so much info, and i dont know a darn thing except what i get on here. Some of you get so wrapped up in this that you forget that 90% of fans could really care less, most people arent hardcore fans that follow every little thing around the program, they might see something on the 6oklock news, thats the extent of their knowledge in the off season. Thats when i get asked at work, i heard on the news...blah blah blah

I know because i used to be a casual fan, and when my friends would talk about assistant coaches i would have no clue who they were talking about, or really didnt care. I obviosuly loved going to games because of the environment, and being with friends, and out for a good time.... and an overall knowledgable husker fan. It was only until i got interested in our recruits that i found this site and became an "insider" at work...i dont try to be, its the simple fact that hardly anyone cares enough or actually has better things to do then look up what Bo said today.

• Fire 1