Frost/Warinner

Oregon could match us with money, but I don't see how they could match an offer of coaching. They don't need an OC - we do. They're not going to give Frost play-calling responsibility and equal power with whoever runs their offense, it's working far too well to change anything. If he really is offered a part of this offensive coordinator job, I don't see how he turns it down.

Oregon could match us with money, but I don't see how they could match an offer of coaching. They don't need an OC - we do. They're not going to give Frost play-calling responsibility and equal power with whoever runs their offense, it's working far too well to change anything. If he really is offered a part of this offensive coordinator job, I don't see how he turns it down.

I don't think we are going to either... It sounds like the most we'd offer him is "co-OC" without playcalling duties, which in reality probably isn't that much different from just being a position coach. Somebody earlier mentioned we might offer him, "running game coordinator," but if the real boss is still Tim Beck, than Frost isn't really in control of that either. He'd only be in charge of supervising the plan put in place by Beck.

I'm sure Frost would have input with gameplanning and everything as co-oc, but I'm guessing all the position coaches do.

I know Oregon has Nike money, but they're not better off financially than Nebraska. We have boosters who are willing to pony up large chunks of cash when needed.

Hell, we could pass the hat around Nebraska and folks would chip in $10 a person if we needed to.

It's not a question how much money we have. It's a question of how much we're willing to spend.

Dr. Tom/Bo will offer Frost the following:

Title:Co-offensive Coordinator

Duties: Quater Back Coach/Running Game Coordinator

Salary: $300,000.00-$350,000.00

Future bright for major promotion

Done Deal???

One would think!!!

Saw this on another board thought I'd share.

If this is what they have or are going to offer Frost how could he turn it down since he “bleeds red” as some would say?

If by chance this is the offer and he does turn it down even though he “bleeds red” will those folks start to question whether or not he does “bleed red”?

Done Deal???

One would think!!!

Doesn't anyone feel it's unlikely that we would know the inside info of the offer made to Frost in such detail? Let's be realistic about that alleged offer. It's someone's pie-in-the-sky guess.

Doesn't anyone feel it's unlikely that we would know the inside info of the offer made to Frost in such detail? Let's be realistic about that alleged offer. It's someone's pie-in-the-sky guess.

Someone should just call Larry Frost ask him. I’m sure daddy would be willing to tell us whether or not this is the “offer” that was made to Scott.

Done Deal???

One would think!!!

If this is what they have or are going to offer Frost how could he turn it down since he “bleeds red” as some would say?

If by chance this is the offer and he does turn it down even though he “bleeds red” will those folks start to question whether or not he does “bleed red”?

Again, Oregon could offer him something similar, and while he may want to be at Nebraska eventually, the smarter move for him would probably be to stay at Oregon. If he gets a similar promotion at Oregon, than he can be the hyped up assistant coach riding the wave of Chip Kelly's success. At Nebraska, he associates his name with an offense that has sucked for several years and has decided to promote from within in order to fix it.

Nebraska hiring Frost as Offensive Coordinator is a risk for Nebraska. Frost coming to Nebraska without being in charge of the offense is a risk for him. If he chooses not to join the staff, I don't think it has much to do with loyalty.

• Fire 1

I don't think it has much to do with loyalty.

Why? Maybe I’m wired differently but if the school I supposedly “loved” came a calling either for me to play at or to coach at, it is pretty much a no brainer, especially if the compensation packages are pretty much the same. I’m going there and it wouldn’t even be a topic for debate.

I would not blame him if he stayed at Oregon. I don’t care either way actually, if he would come here or if he stays put. Nothing is going to change what I think of the dude or why I think people have huge boners for him to come here. I just want to see if their boners fade when it comes out that he turns down The Big Red again.

Just think if he did come here and was this huge success as some say he will be. He turns this offense around and we dominate the world again, his legend would grow ten fold. If you ask me that sounds a lot more appealing then staying the course at Oregon and hoping we can duplicate the once in a lifetime season they had this year.

I don't think it has much to do with loyalty.

Why? Maybe I’m wired differently but if the school I supposedly “loved” came a calling either for me to play at or to coach at, it is pretty much a no brainer, especially if the compensation packages are pretty much the same. I’m going there and it wouldn’t even be a topic for debate.

I would not blame him if he stayed at Oregon. I don’t care either way actually, if he would come here or if he stays put. Nothing is going to change what I think of the dude or why I think people have huge boners for him to come here. I just want to see if their boners fade when it comes out that he turns down The Big Red again.

Just think if he did come here and was this huge success as some say he will be. He turns this offense around and we dominate the world again, his legend would grow ten fold. If you ask me that sounds a lot more appealing then staying the course at Oregon and hoping we can duplicate the once in a lifetime season they had this year.

That's the thing, though - He's not going to get to turn the offense around. It's going to be Tim Beck's offense, at least based on everything we've heard so far.

If you were an up-and-coming assistant coach, and were trying to do what was best for your future: Do you associate yourself with Chip Kelly's offense, or Tim Beck's?