Putting the STUDENT in Student Athlete

knapplc

Continuing our theme of putting the STUDENT into Student Athlete, the Huskers continue to improve their Academic Progress Rate score. Our multi-year APR puts us smack in the middle of the Big Ten, without a drop of that CIC money:

School	        Rank
Northwestern	993
Ohio State	985
Penn State	972
Wisconsin	967
Indiana	        966
Nebraska	958
Illinois	949
Iowa	        947
Purdue	        939
Michigan State	938
Minnesota	935
Michigan	928

Average	        956

Our 958 would have placed us third in the Big XII, behind Missouri (967) and Oklahoma (960). We're clearly stepping up to a brainier conference. This bodes well for our institution academically. It also shows that, at least as far as our student athletes go, we're not the least among giants in the Big Ten.

Here are the ranks of the current Big Ten coaches:

Coach	        School	        Rank
Joe Paterno	Penn State	989
Pat Fitzgerald	Northwestern	987
Jerry Kill	Minnesota	984
Kirk Ferentz	Iowa	        974
Bo Pelini	Nebraska	970
Jim Tressel	Ohio State	970
Bret Bielema	Wisconsin	968
Danny Hope	Purdue	        958
Brady Hoke	Michigan	943
Ron Zook	Illinois	939
Mark Dantonio	Michigan State	932

Some information includes ranks from previous schools.

I quickly ran the numbers on all of the BCS conference schools, and it looks like the Big Ten fares pretty well in the upper echelon of those APR numbers. The Big Ten has six of the top 25 schools with an average APR of 974. The ACC leads with six of the top 25 and an average of 975. The SEC is next with five schools averaging 972. The Pac-10 has three schools in the top 25, and the Big East and Big XII have two each.

Of the 67 AQ schools, Nebraska ranks 23rd (958). The average APR of all AQ schools is 953.

That Forbes site has a lot of cool stats about UNL: LINK

Woah! 4 year graduation rate at 25%?!?!

Wtf you children doing out there? :facepalm:

well I know at most colleges (i went to uno but similar set up) at least in a science department, mine being chemistry, it was damn near impossible to do in 4 years. Just because of how scheduling is set up. Ie 3 classes you need all being 3rd block. I'm quite certain it's a devious money making scheme. Luckily the medcenter nabbed me up before I got sucked into the blackhole

The AAU debacle still pisses me off. The circumstances surrounding NU's ouster are extremely fishy, and all the issue has done is bring unfair and unwarranted criticism-- not to mention, cheap fodder for haters. When I see how NU ranks among Big Ten and Big 12 schools on certain statistics (competitive or near the top), I shake my head at the notion that NU's academics are on anything but an upward trajectory.