Wyoming excited to host the Huskers

knapplc

The Wyoming logo, as cliche and way too overused by people who have little to no connection to the school/state as it is, is still one of the raddest logos in sports. One time I saw it aligned sideways on non-4 wheel drive Highlander and wanted to bust the window with the decal.

That being said...I am considering going to this game (buddy's dad lives in those parts) but the alure of the Grove for the Ole Miss game that day is probably going to be too much to pass up.

I think it's interesting that they say we're the "highlight" of their 2011 schedule, even though they host last year's #2 team, TCU (AP/Coaches). They're also using this as a vehicle to sell season tickets, a ploy which I'm sure will work quite well for them. I anticipate that their stadium will be 75% Red this Fall.

I can't tell if you're serious. We will be lucky to have more than 10,000 Huskers in the stadium, which is 30%.

Kinda/sorta serious. 75% is an exaggeration, but we'll have LOTS. We had over 50% Huskers in South Bend when we visited Notre Dame.

546317615XSPYhd_th.jpg

I don't find it difficult to believe we'll have a majority of Husker Fans in War Memorial Stadium this Fall. I'd be stunned if ONLY 10K Husker Fans showed up for the game. Wyoming Fan can sell his ticket to a Husker fan for that one game, which figures to be a slaughter, and pay for the rest of his season tickets. Why wouldn't he? Tons of fans do it when we come - so much so that teams have instituted "Keep The Red Out" days to stop us from having essentially home-field advantage on their turf.

With all the Husker Fans out west of North Platte who don't get to come to games in Lincoln because it's so far away and/or tickets are so hard to come by, this is a no-brainer. Western Nebraskans have been begging for a game played in Laramie for decades.

• Fire 2

I think it's interesting that they say we're the "highlight" of their 2011 schedule, even though they host last year's #2 team, TCU (AP/Coaches). They're also using this as a vehicle to sell season tickets, a ploy which I'm sure will work quite well for them. I anticipate that their stadium will be 75% Red this Fall.

I can't tell if you're serious. We will be lucky to have more than 10,000 Huskers in the stadium, which is 30%.

Kinda/sorta serious. 75% is an exaggeration, but we'll have LOTS. We had over 50% Huskers in South Bend when we visited Notre Dame.

546317615XSPYhd_th.jpg

I don't find it difficult to believe we'll have a majority of Husker Fans in War Memorial Stadium this Fall. I'd be stunned if ONLY 10K Husker Fans showed up for the game. Wyoming Fan can sell his ticket to a Husker fan for that one game, which figures to be a slaughter, and pay for the rest of his season tickets. Why wouldn't he? Tons of fans do it when we come - so much so that teams have instituted "Keep The Red Out" days to stop us from having essentially home-field advantage on their turf.

With all the Husker Fans out west of North Platte who don't get to come to games in Lincoln because it's so far away and/or tickets are so hard to come by, this is a no-brainer. Western Nebraskans have been begging for a game played in Laramie for decades.

Quit stalking me :)

546317615XSPYhd_th.jpg

How did you know it was me? I wore my trench coat, fedora and shades!

546317615XSPYhd_th.jpg

How did you know it was me? I wore my trench coat, fedora and shades!

It's because I know everyone in town. We notice when an "outsider" comes to town! :lol:

But in all seriousness, there were a lot people in the Panhandle that were not happy about the move to the B1G. They already feel like the state is East-centric, and moving to the B1G did not help that much. Like Knapp said, it's hard for a lot of these people to get down to Lincoln, let alone get tickets. We were all pretty stoked to have a game in Laramie. I'm really hoping to score some tickets. War Memorial is actually pretty cool. No, it's not a huge stadium or anything, but the scenery is pretty good. Plus there's always lots of booze flowing. :thumbs

I thought about going to this game but I have a wedding for someone in my family that day so I will have to be at that and can't go to game. I really hate when people plan weddings during the fall during Husker football season. I guess at least it isn't a home game but still. Dont schedule weddings on freaking Husker games. :boxosoap

I thought about going to this game but I have a wedding for someone in my family that day so I will have to be at that and can't go to game. I really hate when people plan weddings during the fall during Husker football season. I guess at least it isn't a home game but still. Dont schedule weddings on freaking Husker games. :boxosoap

Breaking the Husker code of ethics I see...

• Fire 1

Breaking the Husker code of ethics I see...

Maybe I should skip the wedding and see if I can get tickets for the game? That sounds better anyways.