Heard Qualified!

Husker Z

Hopefully the NCAA Clearinghouse doesn't F us over like they've done in the past, but it sounds like Braylon Heard finally got the score he needed and will be able to join the team come fall.

Much needed depth at the RB position, if he's as good as people think.

Do we know how long it will take for the NCAA?

Hopefully the NCAA Clearinghouse doesn't F us over like they've done in the past, but it sounds like Braylon Heard finally got the score he needed and will be able to join the team come fall.

Much needed depth at the RB position, if he's as good as people think.

Do we know how long it will take for the NCAA?

Well, just looking at the Reggie Bush investigation and how long the possible Scam Newton investigation is going to take, I would guess 4-5 years.

If he's qualified now, there should be no reason to think he won't be cleared by the NCAA in time to apply for admission for Fall classes.

The application deadline for Fall semester is 5/1/11. I just so happened to have the page up on another tab. Probably time to finish my degree. :)

Yeah, I would imagine there is plenty of time for that. He will miss spring ball, but should be able to get to Lincoln to participate in summer workouts and stuff.

Hopefully this kid works as hard on the field as he did taking these tests, kid was pretty determined to get the score he needed in order to NOT have to go the JUCO route. Good for him.

He can come as soon as he is cleared (which looks like he will), but like others have said he can only participate in summer workouts. Damn, talk about competition at the running back spot, I see Green, Heard, and Abdullah as being similar backs. This should be interesting.

He can come as soon as he is cleared (which looks like he will), but like others have said he can only participate in summer workouts. Damn, talk about competition at the running back spot, I see Green, Heard, and Abdullah as being similar backs. This should be interesting.

No doubt about competition! Now, with three guys that good (or, at least, three guys we think are that good) --- you want at least two on the field at the same time. I wonder if any of the three have the hands and, at the same time, the willingness to become a slot receiver. Add maybe Jamal Turner to the slot receiver list too and....

Could have TMart at QB, Kyler Reed at TE, Turner and Green/Heard/Abdullah as slot receivers, and Burkhead as RB (backed up by Green/Heard/Abdullah, whichever of these remain at RB)--- on the field at the same time. That is a small lineup --- but a fast and dangerous one. Sounds interesting.

But the news of Heard making the grades is fantastic --- he is every bit as exciting a potential player as are any of the recruits this year.

Any chance Heard switches to defense? I thought in his recruiting thread he said he doesn't care what position he plays just as long as he's playing. I believe Bo also played a larger role recruiting the kid, compared to other recruits. Likely, because they both went to the same highschool but it could be possible Bo intends to put an athlete like braylon in the secondary.