Top 10 program to be 'outed' for major recruiting violations

Don't count UCLA out. With Zippy Neuheisel at the helm.

Top 10-12 program though so probably not UCLA even tho Neuheisel is a little weasel. Man this is interesting stuff! Why would TCU fans be happy if it is Oregon?

Based off of that evidence you would have to think Boise St. They are such a feel good story though that I have to admit I would be pretty disappointed by that. Also their recruiting classes aren't anything to write home about there. Their lists on rivals are littered with 2* and 3* players. I counted one 4* (Tyrone Crawford in 2010) in the last five years.

What about Utah?

• Fire 1

Sounds like it might be Oregon...

Indeed, it appears you are right. Yahoo Sports once again breaks the story:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=cr-oregon030311

The University of Oregon paid more than $28,000 to two men with ties to multiple recruits who signed letters of intent with the school, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

According to State of Oregon expenditure records, the university paid $25,000 to Will Lyles of Complete Scouting Services in Houston, and $3,745 to Baron Flenory of New Level Athletics.

Sounds like it might be Oregon...

Indeed, it appears you are right. Yahoo Sports once again breaks the story:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=cr-oregon030311

The University of Oregon paid more than $28,000 to two men with ties to multiple recruits who signed letters of intent with the school, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

According to State of Oregon expenditure records, the university paid $25,000 to Will Lyles of Complete Scouting Services in Houston, and $3,745 to Baron Flenory of New Level Athletics.

Wonder who in the coaching staff knew about this? Scott Frost might have been a little more flexible if he knew this was coming down.

Looks like ESPN is doing its own story simultaneously. The NCAA is already involved:

NCAA officials are examining whether a Texas man helped steer high school football prospects to defending Pac-10 champion Oregon, and Ducks officials on Thursday told ESPN.com that the school paid the man $25,000 in the spring of 2010 for recruiting services.

I hope this spurs the NCAA to hurry up and close the loophole that allows these street agents to operate. Recruiting was already a dirty business and this is getting to be over-the-top.

Via Twitter:

@schadjoe

Joe Schad

Lyles billed Oregon $25,000 after Seastrunk's committment, when his former company billed $16,500 for previous two years of service

13 minutes ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

ruh roh

Via Twitter:

@schadjoe

Joe Schad

Lyles has also been tied to players recruited to Auburn, Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma St, USC and Texas A&M

From I could gather, Will Lyles is a street agent in Texas who has sent players all over the country. But, mainly to Oregon.