Niles Paul Interviewed by NFLMocks.com

The pre-draft process can be arduous, but what really matters is what you get done on the field. I asked Niles what he brings to an NFL team:

NP: I’m not your typical receiver. I bring a real physical game to the receiver position, and I catch the ball really well. I am bigger than other receivers, other than a couple of guys like Jon Baldwin and Julio Jones who also have good size, but I’m just different physically in that way.

Now that he’s about to realize his dream of playing professional football, I asked him what his defining moment was as a Husker:

NP: I think it was the bowl game in my junior year. I scored on one of the better corners in the draft that year, and it was a really long pass too. I flexed in the end zone, and I kind of felt then that I could play at the next level.

I also asked Niles who the best player he played against in college was:

NP: I would say Prince Amukamara. You know, he was my teammate, and he really challenged me every day.

Full Interview

Wow...... Just wow.. Did Niles Paul really just say he catches the ball really well? About as well as that kid from little giants, you know the kid who used stick em in the game and stuck his hands to his jersey.

I think Niles Paul's NFL career will be a lot like his College career, save for the hype.Lackluster and fleeting.

Niles has had some concentration issues in games and it's caused some embarrassing turnovers or muffed returns. But I think he demonstrated his skills catching the ball, both at the senior bowl and at the combine...oddly enough.

Every receiver has their drops. I'm not defending Niles' play but it's kind of like Curenski, a guy that has really good hands supposedly. But he has five passes thrown to him all year, drops two of them (one of them being a ball that was tipped mid-flight, if I recall?) and suddenly he's one of the worst hands on the team to fans.

With Cure, he got yanked out and not given a lot of chances afterwards, which probably messed with his development a little. With Niles, he was consistently given opportunity and for some reason was not focused in a lot of big moments when it counted. Just something with Niles, I guess. The big question is will he get over that, not whether he has good hands or not. The hands are there. The head? He'll need to prove it.

I think something in his skillset you find people knocking him on is his route running and ability to get separation. Not very crisp or sudden. All in all, he sounds like a very talented player, a very physically gifted player who maybe is a bit lazy or neglectful about important aspects of the game and hasn't taken that last step to becoming the complete player, on and off the field, that he could be. Which sets off more red flags than a simple hands issue, actually.

Hopefully the NFL lits a fire under him, I think it can. I'd like to see Niles do well, as with any Husker alum.