S Jordan Diggs [South Carolina Commit]

Nexus

What I take away from that article is that he likes MSU, but doesn't love them. I think we are above them right now.

Agreed, that article is from a MSU reporter too so that makes a difference. Nothing really new from that article either. His best choice to get defensive coaching is quite obvious to me.

Here's a couple quotes from Jordan that my buddy sent me:

"I'm still coming to Lincoln. My mom is trying to line me up a flight right now. I was going to make it up there last week, but my boy Michael Rose was down in Florida at

the Gridiron Kings, so I thought I’d wait on him to get back up there before I come. So tell them Husker fans not to worry, I’m still coming no matter what.”

Here's a couple quotes from Jordan that my buddy sent me:

"I'm still coming to Lincoln. My mom is trying to line me up a flight right now. I was going to make it up there last week, but my boy Michael Rose was down in Florida at

the Gridiron Kings, so I thought I’d wait on him to get back up there before I come. So tell them Husker fans not to worry, I’m still coming no matter what.”

If those are legit, then I am super pumped! That sounds great. If we can get him and his buddies on an unofficial and an official, I am liking our chances.

Yup. Sounds like we'll know more next week: http://www.marcoislandflorida.com/article/20110804/SPORTS01/108040405/Island-Coast-star-s-football-future-goes-to-committee?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Sorry if link doesn't work. Posting from Droid. Need huskerboard AP!

To paraphrase for all, Thursday a committee in Florida will decide whether or not Diggs can play this year because he transferred to another school.

wonder how the Florida decision affects he college eligibility?

None what so ever. He transferred to take a course a biology class(i believe marine bio) that his old school didn't offer(may also be the new school is a better team too). He will attend classes. Another coach(his old coach) raised the stink and now Jordan must await a decision from a Florida state panel for high school athletics(much like Nebraska's NSAA). He technically is ineligible for a certain period of time, in Nebraska late transfers after a certain date get 90 days of sitting out of athletics. If he opts to stay at his new school and isn't cleared he will just be a basic student. This didn't come out of left field for Jordan as he knew this was a possibility when he decided to switch schools.

The case resembles what Marissa Kastanek(playing Women's BB at NC State now) went through when she moved from Crete to Southeast.

None what so ever. He transferred to take a course a biology class(i believe marine bio) that his old school didn't offer(may also be the new school is a better team too). He will attend classes. Another coach(his old coach) raised the stink and now Jordan must await a decision from a Florida state panel for high school athletics(much like Nebraska's NSAA). He technically is ineligible for a certain period of time, in Nebraska late transfers after a certain date get 90 days of sitting out of athletics. If he opts to stay at his new school and isn't cleared he will just be a basic student. This didn't come out of left field for Jordan as he knew this was a possibility when he decided to switch schools.

The case resembles what Marissa Kastanek(playing Women's BB at NC State now) went through when she moved from Crete to Southeast.

This.

Pretty sad that Jordan's old coach is willing to take away the senior season of a kids football career because of this. Incredibly selfish on his part. I know the coach is probably thinking that he is just making him play by the rules, but he should stop to realize this is just a game, and these are just kids. Taking away his final season of HS football just to prove something is silly.

This.

Pretty sad that Jordan's old coach is willing to take away the senior season of a kids football career because of this. Incredibly selfish on his part. I know the coach is probably thinking that he is just making him play by the rules, but he should stop to realize this is just a game, and these are just kids. Taking away his final season of HS football just to prove something is silly.

The best "classy" thing about this is the former coach has been accused in the past of recruiting kids to the private school he coaches at.

The Florida High School Athletic Association has upheld the suspension of Jordan. Looking very strongly that he will not be playing this fall. His HS Island Coast is going to appeal one last time, but that meeting will not take place until the end of September, four games into the year. Not looking promising at all. Sucks for the kid. All he wanted was to take some classes that are not offered by any other school in the county other than Island Coast.

His only high school game his senior year may very well be the US Army All American game