S Jordan Diggs [South Carolina Commit]

Nexus

Prediction: Will be Husker when he gets on the plane to head home.

whats the deal with the vandy visit?

He likes them, and atteneded a Summer Camp at their campus. Dont let vandy fool you, they have a very good class so far and they have plucked some really talented kids. But I think this visit to Nebraska is a deal sealer. Especially with his buddy Michael Rose with him. Vandy has done well with Jordan, but we have done better.

He likes them, and atteneded a Summer Camp at their campus. Dont let vandy fool you, they have a very good class so far and they have plucked some really talented kids. But I think this visit to Nebraska is a deal sealer. Especially with his buddy Michael Rose with him. Vandy has done well with Jordan, but we have done better.

I dont want to act like I know more about it then you but from things I have seen the "dumb jock" thing is really a thing of the past. These kids work hard in the classroom too and know the benifits of getting into a great college, I think that is why you see Vandy, Northwestern and Stanford getting better players.

Lots of these kids are thinking of their REAL future and not just football future. Plus they know you can go to any school and make the pros.

• Fire 2

I dont want to act like I know more about it then you but from things I have seen the "dumb jock" thing is really a thing of the past. These kids work hard in the classroom too and know the benifits of getting into a great college, I think that is why you see Vandy, Northwestern and Stanford getting better players.

Lots of these kids are thinking of their REAL future and not just football future. Plus they know you can go to any school and make the pros.

Agree with you 100%. Thats why you see kids like Jordan Diggs giving Vandy a look. Thats why you also see Noor Davis, Wayne Lyons, and Aziz Shittu (at one time) going to Stanford. Vandy also has a decent coach now, that can sell kids on getting a top of the line education.

You can have the best academics in the world, but you still need to sell kids on coming and playing football over some schools they probably always dreamed of playing for.

Agree with you 100%. Thats why you see kids like Jordan Diggs giving Vandy a look. Thats why you also see Noor Davis, Wayne Lyons, and Aziz Shittu (at one time) going to Stanford. Vandy also has a decent coach now, that can sell kids on getting a top of the line education.

You can have the best academics in the world, but you still need to sell kids on coming and playing football over some schools they probably always dreamed of playing for.

alright thanks for the info......... :thumbs

They talked to him on Big Red Wrap Up last night. He REALLY sounded like he was leaning our way, but wanted to make the trip to South Carolina b/c of his Dad played there and felt they deserved that much. But he really made it sound like it would be more of a courtesy so then he could actually then commit to Nebraska. Just my take but it really did sound like that.

Interview after his Vandy visit. It's pretty hard to listen too closely to anything these kids say, but I definitely wouldn't say Nebraska stands alone at the top of his list:

Cape Coral (Fla.) Island Coast four-star safety Jordan Diggs took an official visit to Vanderbilt this past weekend.

"It was great," Diggs said. "I enjoyed every bit of it from when I got off the plane to when I left. It was awesome."

The 6-foot, 191-pound defensive back had previously been on campus for a camp visit over the summer. He said his time on campus this weekend was a bit different due to a big game being the marquee event.

"The gameday atmosphere is definitely different in some ways because Vanderbilt isn't the biggest stadium or the most fans, but the fans that are there are die-hard," Diggs said. "It is a family atmosphere as everyone really cares about the team. You can tell they believe in what Coach (James) Franklin is doing. That is what I took from the gameday atmosphere."

Diggs was hosted on his visit by former Island Coast player and current Vanderbilt freshman defensive end Jimmy Stewart. Diggs spoke in-depth with Stewart about what it is like to be a student-athlete at the SEC school.

"I definitely asked him a lot of questions about academics since Vanderbilt is a great academic school," Diggs said. "I asked about the classroom setting and the academic programs. He said it is fine and that he is maintaining well right now. He said everything is great in that regard. Just knowing that he can do it makes me feel I can do it."

The Sunshine State prospect spoke a great deal with the coaching staff, but at no point felt like they were trying to tell him something new with regards to where he fits into their plans.

"There was no pitch," Diggs said. "I have been conversating with Coach Franklin throughout the whole process as well as Coach Wesley McGriff, my main recruiter, throughout the process. I also talk to Coach Bob Shoop, the defensive coordinator, at least once every couple weeks. So I knew what the deal was when I got there. They didn't have to sell anything. I already knew the cards were on the table. I know they have a spot for me and that they have a plan for success for Jordan Diggs. They are looking at me to come in and make an immediate contribution. They believe I can help push them over the edge because they are so close to winning a lot of games."

For Diggs, he said the visit was about learning about other things surrounding the Nashville-based program.

"I went to take in the atmosphere and see how much people really believe in what Coach Franklin is doing," Diggs said. "I also wanted to hang out with the guys and get a feeling from them. I also wanted to talk with the coaches and see their plan of success for me. I saw a lot of passion and a lot of intensity from all of them as they are planning to make a turnaround there."

He compared the visit to his first official visit, which was to Nebraska a week earlier.

"Vanderbilt was a totally different feel. They are both unique in their own way," Diggs said. "Nebraska is a Big Ten school with a lot of tradition. They have a bigger stadium and Nebraska fans are crazy in their own way. Commodore fans are different in their own way, but they are die-hard fans as well. Both programs impressed me, I was very impressed, but I got more of a personal family feel at Vanderbilt because there are so many Florida guys on the team. I still felt they cared about me at Nebraska, but it was just a bit different."

Interview after his Vandy visit. It's pretty hard to listen too closely to anything these kids say, but I definitely wouldn't say Nebraska stands alone at the top of his list:

Cape Coral (Fla.) Island Coast four-star safety Jordan Diggs took an official visit to Vanderbilt this past weekend.

"It was great," Diggs said. "I enjoyed every bit of it from when I got off the plane to when I left. It was awesome."

The 6-foot, 191-pound defensive back had previously been on campus for a camp visit over the summer. He said his time on campus this weekend was a bit different due to a big game being the marquee event.

"The gameday atmosphere is definitely different in some ways because Vanderbilt isn't the biggest stadium or the most fans, but the fans that are there are die-hard," Diggs said. "It is a family atmosphere as everyone really cares about the team. You can tell they believe in what Coach (James) Franklin is doing. That is what I took from the gameday atmosphere."

Diggs was hosted on his visit by former Island Coast player and current Vanderbilt freshman defensive end Jimmy Stewart. Diggs spoke in-depth with Stewart about what it is like to be a student-athlete at the SEC school.

"I definitely asked him a lot of questions about academics since Vanderbilt is a great academic school," Diggs said. "I asked about the classroom setting and the academic programs. He said it is fine and that he is maintaining well right now. He said everything is great in that regard. Just knowing that he can do it makes me feel I can do it."

The Sunshine State prospect spoke a great deal with the coaching staff, but at no point felt like they were trying to tell him something new with regards to where he fits into their plans.

"There was no pitch," Diggs said. "I have been conversating with Coach Franklin throughout the whole process as well as Coach Wesley McGriff, my main recruiter, throughout the process. I also talk to Coach Bob Shoop, the defensive coordinator, at least once every couple weeks. So I knew what the deal was when I got there. They didn't have to sell anything. I already knew the cards were on the table. I know they have a spot for me and that they have a plan for success for Jordan Diggs. They are looking at me to come in and make an immediate contribution. They believe I can help push them over the edge because they are so close to winning a lot of games."

For Diggs, he said the visit was about learning about other things surrounding the Nashville-based program.

"I went to take in the atmosphere and see how much people really believe in what Coach Franklin is doing," Diggs said. "I also wanted to hang out with the guys and get a feeling from them. I also wanted to talk with the coaches and see their plan of success for me. I saw a lot of passion and a lot of intensity from all of them as they are planning to make a turnaround there."

He compared the visit to his first official visit, which was to Nebraska a week earlier.

"Vanderbilt was a totally different feel. They are both unique in their own way," Diggs said. "Nebraska is a Big Ten school with a lot of tradition. They have a bigger stadium and Nebraska fans are crazy in their own way. Commodore fans are different in their own way, but they are die-hard fans as well. Both programs impressed me, I was very impressed, but I got more of a personal family feel at Vanderbilt because there are so many Florida guys on the team. I still felt they cared about me at Nebraska, but it was just a bit different."

I'd delete this post as it looks to me a direct copy of the rivals.com article. Maybe they gave it away free?