CB Dwayne Thomas [LSU Commit]

Nexus

Nebraska is also making a strong push.

"Coach (Corey) Raymond, their new DBs coach, played at LSU and he was recruiting me when he was at Utah State last year. Before he was hired, I was getting letters from Nebraska, but he's the one but he's the one who really brought me over there in terms of personalizing my recruitment. I'm going to try and make it up there for their spring game or one of their camps."

Free Scout Article

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Might Consider Other Schools

“Right now I’m still committed to LSU a few of them backed off. Some want to see if I changed my mind. See if their schools are an eye opener. Once the season starts who ever call me, who would like me take a visit, I’ll be open to make my five visits. The first five schools who come at me, if I like the program I’ll visit.” Thomas said

“I’ve talked to Coach Corey Raymond (Nebraska). He actually came to my spring game afterwards he said I’m the number one defensive back on the list. If they call and actually set up a visit I’ll go up there.” Thomas said

Huskerjournal

This kid sounds cocky. He's saying if Nebraska calls him and if he's their favorite, and if they set up the visit and do all the work he will come. From what I have heard he doesn't seem like a super hard worker. But who knows.

Have to disagree, alot of kids take visits while being committed to a school. It doesnt make him cocky, he is just making sure he made the absolute right choice for his college career. I have no problem with what Dwayne said.

This kid sounds cocky. He's saying if Nebraska calls him and if he's their favorite, and if they set up the visit and do all the work he will come. From what I have heard he doesn't seem like a super hard worker. But who knows.

The school should do all the work, they're recruiting him. These kids aren't going to take the initiative to set stuff up if they're already verballed to go to a solid program.

The school should do all the work, they're recruiting him. These kids aren't going to take the initiative to set stuff up if they're already verballed to go to a solid program.

BINGO. NU should do the paper work to find a time for Dwayne to visit that hopefully works for him. They are the ones that are still pursuing the guy after he has already verballed.

And what defines a "super hard worker"? Me thinks that if this were true, Bo would know about it and this whole conversation would be void because the kid probably still wouldn't be getting a look from the staff. Please explain.

Considering the lockdown LSU tends to have on local talent I'm surprised one of their commits is looking-around.

It is a testament to Coach Raymond and the rest of the staff maintaining their connections down in the Bayou. Coach Raymond was said to have some very solid ins in Louisiana. We may just be seeing the start of those connections for him.

And what defines a "super hard worker"? Me thinks that if this were true, Bo would know about it and this whole conversation would be void because the kid probably still wouldn't be getting a look from the staff. Please explain.

I am still curious about this. I am intruiged. Please rebuttle