Position changes

Didn't see anyone post yet, but Jamal Turner is moving to WR and Gilleylen moves to RB. I'm puzzled by the Gilleylen move honestly.

And the position move news keeps coming..it appears WR No. 11 Curenski Gilleylen is now playing running back.

Could Jamal Turner be another version of Bobby Newcombe? I'm sure that will be a debate as he makes his transition

@JonNyatawa

Interesting RT @Sean_Callahan: Jamal Turner's move from QB to wide receiver is confirmed - RT @jmall55 First day at WR an I did pretty good

well im sure one thing that was noted was currenki's build. he's got extrememly thick legs and is built low. honestly two years ago i wouldve liked this move. But it is spring and they are maybe experimenting with him. don't be surprised to see him back at wr in the fall or even late spring.

as far as jamal. I wish he could be our qb down the road because of his leadership skills but i'm willing to see him play at his best. remember, this is spring, nothing is set in stone

Edited by Vince R.

On second thought..... maybe moving curenski to RB was in part of the evolution of our offense. Remember Florida a couple years ago with Percy Harvin. They got him the ball alot of different ways, including from the RB position.

So I guess im seeing the reasoning behind it only if we atleast try it during the season to see if it works. Curenski has ton of speed, Im worried about his ball security skills though.

i think its safe to say what Beck and Bo are doing is taking all their athletes and putting them in every position to succeed. The one team who uses everyone they recruit is oregon. Nebraska knows they cannot waste talent anymore, if you can get guys like Currenski and L. Ward going, they will be that much more potent and deadly. it will also make this offensive transition a whole lot easier.

i think its safe to say what Beck and Bo are doing is taking all their athletes and putting them in every position to succeed. The one team who uses everyone they recruit is oregon. Nebraska knows they cannot waste talent anymore, if you can get guys like Currenski and L. Ward going, they will be that much more potent and deadly. it will also make this offensive transition a whole lot easier.

This. +1

Man, very cool watching that video listening to Ron Brown's feedback. Fun to see Rex just crush it on every stinkin' rep he takes. It also becomes radically obvious why some of the guys aren't seeing the field - they just aren't paying attention to the details.

It'll be interesting to see Curenski at running back. It does look like they're just trying to get as much speed on the field as they can, which I love to see. Osborne was great at getting his athletes on the field, and I loved watching that 1997 offense, when he had Scott Frost, Shevin Wiggins, Bobby Newcombe, and Ahman Green all in the backfield in the double-wing set.

I think Jamal Turner could be a Bobby Newcombe type. Bobby Newcombe is sort of overshadowed by Eric Crouch in Husker lore nowadays, but I remember watching him as a true freshman, before he got hurt, and he was just so electrifying. The older fans around the stadium were comparing him to Johnny Rodgers, who I never got to see live, unfortunately. If Jamal Turner can be that kind of player for this team, look out!