@Wisconsin

Ohio State

@Minnesota

Michigan State

Northwestern

@Penn State

@Michigan

Iowa

How do you rank them? (hardest to easiest)

Mine:

1. Ohio State

2. @Michigan

3. Michigan State

4. @Wisconsin

5. Iowa

6. @Penn State

7. Northwestern

8. Washington

9. @Wyoming

10. @Minnesota

11. Fresno State

12. Red/White game :)

13. Chattanooga

About that, but I'd put a little more weight to the away games. Michigan State at home will not be more difficult than Wisconsin on the road (especially our first Big10 game).

The @Michigan is a crapshoot - I think they have 1-2 more down years ahead of them so I'd put them down there below Penn State.

Iowa at home is going to be our Colorado. They could be 0-11 going into that game and play us tough.

1. Ohio State

2. @Wisconsin

3. Michigan State

4. @Penn State

5. Iowa

6. Northwestern

7. @Michigan

8. Washington

9. @Wyoming

10. @Minnesota

11. Fresno State

12. Red/White game

13. Chattanooga

• Fire 1

I don't think Wisconsin in 2011 will be anywhere close to 2010 Wisconsin. We'll see, I guess.

I see Wisconsin as the type of team where the style of play allows them to be more consistent than say an Oklahoma/Texas. I don't see them falling off dramatically - they don't win because of a handful of skill position players...they win because they beat you down in the trenches. I have a lot of respect for Wisconsin - maybe too much.

1. @Wisconsin (I would put OSU here - but with their suspensions and the home/away I think this one will end up slightly harder)

2. Ohio State

3. @Penn State (As much as I want to put Iowa here since I think they will be better than PSU this season, the home/away factor comes into play again)

4. Iowa

5. @Michigan (They are late enough in the year that they should be in their tailspin again)

6. Northwestern (They are just squirlly enough to surprise)

7. @Wyoming (Classic trap game played up in the mountains)

8. Michigan State (Not sure how they finished so high last year and with them here this shouldn't be much of a game)

9. Washington

10. Fresno State

11. Red/White game :)

12. @Minnesota (I know Iowa lost to them last year - but they are REALLY bad)

13. Chattanooga

• Fire 1

1. @Wisconsin (I would put OSU here - but with their suspensions and the home/away I think this one will end up slightly harder)

2. Ohio State

3. @Penn State (As much as I want to put Iowa here since I think they will be better than PSU this season, the home/away factor comes into play again)

4. Iowa

5. @Michigan (They are late enough in the year that they should be in their tailspin again)

8. Michigan State (Not sure how they finished so high last year and with them here this shouldn't be much of a game)

9. Washington

10. Fresno State

13. Chattanooga

Ditto on Caven's list.

2. Ohio State

4. Iowa

9. Washington

10. Fresno State

13. Chattanooga

This list looks good. Only change I'd make is to move Mich St. up to #6 ahead of Northwestern.

1. Ohio State (we play the big dogs right when they get everyone back, should be fun!)

2. @Wisconsin (was very tempted to place Iowa higher, but what did it for me was the fact that it is in Madison)

3. Iowa (They lose Stanzi and 3 of their starting defensive linemen, including Clayborn, but I just gotta feeling they have it out for us, CU always played us well and think so will Iowa)

4. @Penn State

5. Michigan State

6. Northwestern (Watch out for Dan Persa!!!! I'm very worried that we overlook this game, and I still think Northwestern remembers last time we destroyed them)

7. @Michigan

8. @Minnesota

9. Washington

10. Fresno State

11. @Wyoming

12. Chattanooga

Here is what I think.....

1. Ohio State

2. @wisconsin

3. @Penn State

4. Iowa

5. @Michigan

6. Michigan State

7. Northwestern

8. Washington

9. @Wyoming

10.Fresno State

11.@Minnesota

12.Chattanoga

After Ohio State its really a toss up between 2 through 5. Those are teams we may have some trouble beating, playing at Michigan will be tough test, same with Penn State and Wisconsin. If we go 4-1 with those top 5, then I will be happy. With 6 through 10, these are teams we should handle.... but as we've seen in the pass, we got to be ready with these teams. We are better than those teams talent wise, but will dumb penalties, inexperience bite us. The last two teams it will take a miracle to lose to, but we have seen miracles before. If we lose to one of those bottom feeders, the 55 inch TV will get launched into the backyard.

Here's my take:

Wisc - plays tough at home and at night. A lot of hype for this game.

OSU - too many variables to say how OSU will perform. Historically, OSU has performed well when their backs are against the wall and in their road whites.

Iowa, PSU and Mich - these are late season games which favors Iowa,PSU & Mich as they are all breaking in new players and new coach.

Wash - will be a good indicator for the season. They will be a decent test early in the year.

NW - look ahead game for Neb before trips to Happy Valley and the Big House? NW can give you fits every so often.

Mich State - I just have never seen them perform well unless it is a avg team or against ND.

Minn - too much rebuilding.

1. @ Cheeseheads.....playing old NU smashmouth team @ their house will be a challenge even with all their losses due to graduation.

2. @ PSU....not a dominate team but a thousand miles away from a pushover. They'll have a white-out and maybe their famous refs ready.

3. Ohio State....a great program loaded with talent even with their problems. Glad it's in Lincoln.

4. Iowa....you can bet the ranch the Hawkeyes will be up sky high for this one.

5. Michigan St....good solid program. The Spartans will give their best shot.

6. NW....a scary game due to their history of upsetting people they should have no business hanging with.

7. Washington.....with a decent effort we crush them.

8. @ Michigan.....great, great program with a Clownahan defense. There's not a lot of Bo's out there that can instantly fix that.

9. @ Minnesota.....no problem.

10. Fresno State....they've had some downright vicious teams in the recent past but they're struggling lately. I don't know what is going on there.

11. @ Wyoming....Devaney's old team. I like the Cowboys but they haven't a chance.

12. Chattanooga....God help them.

Fresno State went 8-5 last year nearly knocking off Nevada at their house 35-34 I think. They return most of the team and good young stable of running backs. The defense according to Pat Hill(My initial pick for our head coach) says the defense will be hard hitting and quick. The one thing they are very excited about is sophmore QB Derick Carr, David Carr's younger brother. He is supposed to be the real deal.

This will be a good game, and we need to be ready to play. They play over their heads a lot of the time and will be amped for this game. They have Cal, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Boise State on their out of conference schedule.

Fresno State went 8-5 last year nearly knocking off Nevada at their house 35-34 I think. They return most of the team and good young stable of running backs. The defense according to Pat Hill(My initial pick for our head coach) says the defense will be hard hitting and quick. The one thing they are very excited about is sophmore QB Derick Carr, David Carr's younger brother. He is supposed to be the real deal.

This will be a good game, and we need to be ready to play. They play over their heads a lot of the time and will be amped for this game. They have Cal, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Boise State on their out of conference schedule.

Uh oh....that sounds good for them and bad for us.

Pat Hill is a damn fine coach (so was their HC before him....what was his name?) and the Bulldogs are real deal road warriors. I remember them walking into USC when they were simply unbeatable and almost pulling off the upset. Gutsy as hell. Oh yeah, Carr was a sensational qb. For some reason they just breed those guys around there everywhere.

I should have had them @ # 5 or #6. Maybe even #4. They won't be intimidated, that's for sure.

Thanks Skers.