Favorite/Least Favorite Announcers

Roark

The "make me a sandwich" comments need to stop. It's not funny, and there's no place for that here.

On topic - I really like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. I know a lot of folks absolutely hate them, but I really like Buck's voice, and Aikman has good perspective from his playing days.

I love Joe Buck. I think he's perfect for NFL. And on that note I love Chris Collinsworth too. He's even MORE perfect for the NFL than Joe Buck

The "make me a sandwich" comments need to stop. It's not funny, and there's no place for that here.

On topic - I really like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. I know a lot of folks absolutely hate them, but I really like Buck's voice, and Aikman has good perspective from his playing days.

I love Joe Buck. I think he's perfect for NFL. And on that note I love Chris Collinsworth too. He's even MORE perfect for the NFL than Joe Buck

I got really tired of Collinsworth after Madden 10, he was just so annoyingI eventually turned the announcers off. Good thing they got Gus Johnson in Madden 11, he talks most of the time and I hardly hear Collinsworth.

Keith Jackson and Bob Griese a real heart on . I can remember the 2 running dowm the huskers in 1997 game against CU so sonny boy amd MU could be ranked higher then us.

I remember that. All I kept thinking was, "If Michigan and the Big 10 had any guts they'd join the BCS (or whatever it was called back then) and we'd settle it on the field." I have never liked Bob Griese as an announcer. Probably stems from that game.

If you ever catch a late night Pac 10 game on Fox Sports Channel there is an announcer named something like "Petros Papadakis" or something like that. Don't care to look it up, but his voice sounds absolutely horrific. I really can't tell you about what he talks about because I just can't get over the way his voice sounds.

If you ever catch a late night Pac 10 game on Fox Sports Channel there is an announcer named something like "Petros Papadakis" or something like that. Don't care to look it up, but his voice sounds absolutely horrific. I really can't tell you about what he talks about because I just can't get over the way his voice sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIuFOQCxsN0&feature=fvwrel

Favorite: Pam Ward

You have got to be joking....

http://www.sportsone...On-The-Hot-Seat!

She's absolutely terrible....

Of course I'm joking about her, although I do find it rather amusing that when you bolded my quote, you left out the portion where I claim that she is "soo sexy". I feel like that inclusion alone would be the immediate indicator (besides the whole Pam Ward part).

I actually don't care for some of the more 'popular' announcers. Al Michaels is a perfect example. He bores me to death and I wouldn't know the difference if he was calling a football game or hosting a Ms. America pageant from a style standpoint. Also Mike Tirico. B o r i n g. I absolutely get instantly bored just listening to him.

I haven't really been a fan of any of the KFAB announcers after Pavelka either. I miss him and Gary Saddlemeyer calling the games.

Chris Fowler?? Really?? Blah! Can't stand him!!! Bob Griese-Another Blah! He hates on Nebraska something fierce although he tries not to show it.

While I respect Lou Holtz as a coach, his speech drives me crazy (I'm a speech pathologist!) I would love to spend time with him to correct that lateral lisp..!!!

Loved Lyle Bremser (sp?) back in the day and loved Kent Pavelka. I hated it when he was let go. He knew all the Nebraska kids..knew where they lived, who they played for in high school. He enriched the NU games so much....As far as National announcers? Keith Jackson is tops. I like those announcers who can pronounce our players' names correctly and love our school. Herbstreit isn't too bad If Brent Mushberger were canned tomorrow I would throw confetti...HUGE BLAH!!!

Favorite: Pam Ward

You have got to be joking....

http://www.sportsone...On-The-Hot-Seat!

She's absolutely terrible....

Of course I'm joking about her, although I do find it rather amusing that when you bolded my quote, you left out the portion where I claim that she is "soo sexy". I feel like that inclusion alone would be the immediate indicator (besides the whole Pam Ward part).

Hey man.... you never know. There's some freaky dudes out there.... even in Husker Nation.