2011 Uniform Tweak?

a few random thoughts

Whities: The only thing that keeps the '07 all-whites from looking repulsive are the pant stripes. All whites are still a NO for me but '07 was better than no stripe or '02.

That said, what is our modern-era record in all whites again? something like just 1 or 0 wins isn't it? iirc its not a winning record or even close to one. so again, NO.

Tighties: I'm not a fan of the way the tight jersey's *look*, especialy the way the skin sticks out of the arm holes on the bigger players. <_< but if the players like the way they play in them then whatever.

Alternates: I'm going to be in the minority but a black combat-like alternate probably wouldn't bother me. just as long as its rarely used (as in less than once a season). rare special occasions, that type of thing.

I am a huge fan of throwbacks, though! I've posted this on uniform discussions here before but I would love to see a throwback to the '70s shoulder sripes.

and somehow with pre-modern-era throwbacks, even f'ugly can look awesome! There are plenty of examples of this from NFL clubs.

Here is a good PDF file with details on the uni's shown in a poster print that some may be familiar with:

LINK

I'm partial to throwbacks of the 1902, '29, '48, and '71 looks.

Plus the university could do auctions on these like they did with the '62 jersey's = $$$ for the stadium project. even just marketing not-game-worn replicas.

All-white can be gorgeous when it is done right. Texas is a prime example; their all-whites are probably the best in football. Love their all-whites. Auburn also comes to mind, as does OU (but Oklahoma's are kind of bland)

Our all-white look is not good for a few reasons.

1) Not traditional. We wear red over white and white over red. End of story.

2) When we did try it, it didn't look horrible, but didn't look great. It violated my #1 however, and we also lost in them. All-white will forever be associated with losing to most Nebraska fans.

3) Wearing all-white for the Wisconsin game is silly; why would we want to be even more similar to Wisconsin? They wear all-whites for road games, we should stick to being Nebraska and wear our white over red; it looks great.

Somehow Wisconsin's all-whites seems to work better than ours. I believe it is somehow due to the minor differences that do exist between our uniform and Wisconsin's, namely:

- Two, slightly skinnier red helmet stripes as opposed to our one central stripe

- Slightly skinnier red shoulder stripes

- Wisconsin's name-on-back font is thinner, more scrunched than ours

Thats about it though.

And I totally agree; the 2001 look was outstanding. I'd love to ditch the stripes and go back to that.

And for those who mentioned Paul Lukas on ESPN, he has run a great blog for years now, all about uniforms across all sports at http://www.uniwatchblog.com/. I love it; I recommend checking it out.

I for one like the all-whites worn occasionally. They look great with out primarily white helmets. I'll never understand why people hate them so much. It's the same exact scheme as Texas'. The fact that we have lost while wearing them is a bad reason for not liking them.

I for one like the all-whites worn occasionally. They look great with out primarily white helmets. I'll never understand why people hate them so much. It's the same exact scheme as Texas'. The fact that we have lost while wearing them is a bad reason for not liking them.

Because looking like Texas is a good reason for wearing them?

Here are two more terrific all-white looks. Works great for these guys, just not for us.

Florida Atlantic Owls

florida-atlantic-rusty-smith-iconphotostwo167917-ncaa-football-d-nc.jpg

SMU Mustangs

5564635008_d97f447bd3.jpg

I like the all-white Clemson uni's:

DaQuanBowers.jpg

Florida State is coming out with all-white uni's too:

23666_10100208404781993_5257501_59679189_602033_n.jpg

If we ever wear all-whites, we need to at least get rid of the pants striping. And black shoes/socks would be a no-no too. Go to either white or red.

That being said, i hope we just stick with the red pants.

Here are two more terrific all-white looks. Works great for these guys, just not for us.

Florida Atlantic Owls

florida-atlantic-rusty-smith-iconphotostwo167917-ncaa-football-d-nc.jpg

SMU Mustangs

5564635008_d97f447bd3.jpg

I like the all-white Clemson uni's:

DaQuanBowers.jpg

Florida State is coming out with all-white uni's too:

23666_10100208404781993_5257501_59679189_602033_n.jpg

idk maybe its just me but i dont like florida states all white helmets. it just doesnt look good to me

Because looking like Texas is a good reason for wearing them?

Of course not. That they look good (if one indeed thinks they do) is a good reason for wearing them.