2011 Uniform Tweak?

I for one like the all-whites worn occasionally. They look great with out primarily white helmets. I'll never understand why people hate them so much. It's the same exact scheme as Texas'. The fact that we have lost while wearing them is a bad reason for not liking them.

Because looking like Texas is a good reason for wearing them?

Of course not. That they look good (if one indeed thinks they do) is a good reason for wearing them.

Of course it is a reason. Auburn refuses to wear their orange jerseys for the same reason - not only are they not traditional, but they lost in them. Same goes for all-red and all-white at Nebraska.

• Fire 1

I wonder if Nebraska will come out in the all whites for the Wisconsin game? Or more drastic come out with their traditional helmets but with the colors reversed?

dear lord no.

i hate it when nebraska goes solid on colors.

red top, white bottom at home; white top, red bottom on the road: that's the way it's meant to be.

• Fire 1

Of course it is a reason. Auburn refuses to wear their orange jerseys for the same reason - not only are they not traditional, but they lost in them. Same goes for all-red and all-white at Nebraska.

We've lost in our red on white and white on red. This is no excuse or reason to not wear something.

We've lost in our red on white and white on red. This is no excuse or reason to not wear something.

Fine. They look dumb.

• Fire 1

I wish we'd wear all white again. I loved it back in 07.

All%20Whites.jpg

Stripe-less pants weren't too bad either. Bring them back as an alternate for look-alike games against Wisconsin.

Lord%202003.jpgLord%202003%20W.jpg

All white = terrible idea for the lineman. When I was playing my school went all white and us lineman looked liked the Michelin man...still hate seeing pics from that game!

We've won 5 national championships in red over white and white over red. We have had zero success in all-red and all-white.

• Fire 1

We've won 5 national championships in red over white and white over red. We have had zero success in all-red and all-white.

By that same logic, my friend Ben was 100% from the free throw line his senior year, going 2/2. I told coach that he should have been the one to shoot the technical free throws to win state, but coach put in the star who shot like 300 free throws on the year but only made 75% of them. What an idiot!

• Fire 3

I for one like the all-whites worn occasionally. They look great with out primarily white helmets. I'll never understand why people hate them so much. It's the same exact scheme as Texas'. The fact that we have lost while wearing them is a bad reason for not liking them.

Because looking like Texas is a good reason for wearing them?

Of course not. That they look good (if one indeed thinks they do) is a good reason for wearing them.

To not wear them because they are not traditional is fine. I'm not saying anything about that. Not wearing them because you have lost the few times you have worn them is plain silly.

By that same logic, my friend Ben was 100% from the free throw line his senior year, going 2/2. I told coach that he should have been the one to shoot the technical free throws to win state, but coach put in the star who shot like 300 free throws on the year but only made 75% of them. What an idiot!

To not wear them because they are not traditional is fine. I'm not saying anything about that. Not wearing them because you have lost the few times you have worn them is plain silly.

Look, I am saying that it is a combination of the two. Not only have we ALWAYS (with what, less than ten exceptions) worn white/red and red/white, but when we deviated, we have not been successful. It is like 95% tradition, 5% superstition. I think that had we gone undefeated in our all-whites or something like that, we would be a little less apprehensive about wearing all-white again.

Sorry, but in case you guys haven't noticed, I am very passionate about our uniforms.

Wow, our current unis are identical to Wisconsin's. Never realized how similar they were. It's going to look like the Spring Game when we play them.

Thank you Barry Alveraz.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Yeah. And it wouldn't surprise me to learn Adidas had a hand in this too. Adidas probably charged Wisconsin for several design hours when, in reality, their design people probably pulled up the Nebraska file on the computer, deleted the "N" and added a "W," and voila! Wisconsin unis!

Could have happened the other way around too.