Nebraska - Ohio State: Makings of a Family Feud

Pretty good piece about how the Huskers will assimilate into the Big 10.

Rob Oller commentary: Nebraska, OSU have makings of family feud

Ohio State's half-brother, raised on the Great Plains, showed up in the Arena District last night looking a lot like his sibling. Nebraska and OSU are separated by a 15-hour drive, but distance does not diminish the family resemblance.

Both football programs share the same birthday (1890), same primary color (scarlet) and same career success (five national championships apiece). Current Cornhuskers athletic director and former coach Tom Osborne was a senator. Jim Tressel talks like one. Even the names of the host cities share historical significance. Lincoln saved America; Columbus discovered it.

Now the siblings also share a conference. The Huskers have joined the Big Ten, and although it's not exactly the prodigal son returning home, Nebraska is being welcomed with open arms as the new kid on the block.

That drive from North Platte to Lincoln sure seems longer than 2 hours

Not if you are riding with Senator Tom Osborne. :D

Am I missing the sarcasm? I'm guessing you guys are being sarcastic about the author making a mistake, but just wanted to make sure. TO was a Representative, not a senator.

Yeah I just drove it this weekend, it's a good 3 hours.

You speed-limit-follower, you

I never used to be, but gas prices are absurd.

Time to start drilling off shore. We support off shore drilling off South American coasts but not our own. I call :bs: !

T_O_B

:wtf:bs::bs::bs::wtf

Not if you are riding with Senator Tom Osborne. :D

Am I missing the sarcasm? I'm guessing you guys are being sarcastic about the author making a mistake, but just wanted to make sure. TO was a Representative, not a senator.

C N Red, I'm a new member and I eally like the graphic of the Big Ten showing the states and team logos. Can you provide a link to the logo without the gray lines? Thanks.