Red light video footage

It's funny how people think that they can stop on a dime on snow-packed and icy roads. How many times did you see someone just go skidding through the intersection? Also, I wonder how many of them were cause by people texting? Seriously some people are just retarded and shouldn't be on the road.

whole families are killed by these idiots. At a town near us they have these camera and there is a debt as too whether they are doing more harm then good because of people slamming on the brakes and then getting rear ended. I mean seriously! I would rather see a car with a kids in it rear end someone then take it t-bone by a red light running driver

whole families are killed by these idiots. At a town near us they have these camera and there is a debt as too whether they are doing more harm then good because of people slamming on the brakes and then getting rear ended. I mean seriously! I would rather see a car with a kids in it rear end someone then take it t-bone by a red light running driver

I didn't know what it was at the time, but My Son and I were temporarily blinded by the flash of a speed camera..I guess the cars in the other two lanes were too as when I stopped seeing spots, I noticed three of us were trying to share one lane.

The city I work in just did a study and are thinking of putting this cameras up throughout our city. Between the speed cameras and the stop light cameras there were 1,300 violations in 8 hours throughout the city! This shows why they are needed.

red light cameras aren't for safety issues they are for making the city money. They just use the safety excuse so the public doesn't freak out about it. I live in a small town that has them and town next to us is bigger and doesn't have cameras.

The thing i noticed is that alot that footage was between a couple of different intersections. Not saying that any of those drivers arent bad, when you have multiple accidents at one intersections during different times of year you think maybe theirs a problem the city might need to look into on how the lights are coordinated. just a thought.

The thing i noticed is that alot that footage was between a couple of different intersections. Not saying that any of those drivers arent bad, when you have multiple accidents at one intersections during different times of year you think maybe theirs a problem the city might need to look into on how the lights are coordinated. just a thought.

There is a problem, those are some of the most busiest intersections, that is why the camera's are there. I do agree though since the addition of the cameras I see more people hammer on the brakes and nearly get rear ended. A couple of these intersections are where the speed limit is 35 or 45 mph so when people see the yellow they hammer on the brakes to avoid the ticket. It would be interesting on how many people who ran the red lights when it was not snowing out were on cell phones...

There is a problem, those are some of the most busiest intersections, that is why the camera's are there. I do agree though since the addition of the cameras I see more people hammer on the brakes and nearly get rear ended. A couple of these intersections are where the speed limit is 35 or 45 mph so when people see the yellow they hammer on the brakes to avoid the ticket. It would be interesting on how many people who ran the red lights when it was not snowing out were on cell phones...

I drive a big ole truck by day in the city of Lincoln. The biggest problem I see is that the lights change quickly and unexpectedly at most intersections. Fellow Lincolnites can probably agree that on 84th streets the lights change so quickly, that me going 5 mph under the speed limit have trouble stopping in time. What makes it worst is when I have cars infront of me that stop on a dime the minute the light changes to yellow. Several times I have had to go into the turning lanes to avoid rear ending someone, (this why most truckers hangout in the fast lane when moving through town).Iwould think installing "caution lights" that start blinking about 10 secs before the light changes would most definately help the red light runners and rear end collisions.

Iwould think installing "caution lights" that start blinking about 10 secs before the light changes would most definately help the red light runners and rear end collisions.

Agreed, those lights are nice to have to avoid the awkward slamming on the brakes going 45 mph moment.

The city I work in just did a study and are thinking of putting this cameras up throughout our city. Between the speed cameras and the stop light cameras there were 1,300 violations in 8 hours throughout the city! This shows why they are needed.

red light cameras aren't for safety issues they are for making the city money. They just use the safety excuse so the public doesn't freak out about it. I live in a small town that has them and town next to us is bigger and doesn't have cameras.

Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. I obviously see what happens from a different perspective since I am a police officer. The general public doesn't understand the reasons we do what we do, but then again they don't ask either, they just make up their own facts. The same people that complain about these cameras are the same people who complain when a cop isn't around to catch some speeder that is driving in their residential neighborhood. This isn't meant to come across disrespectful, just straight forward and to the point.