What are your preseason or pre game rituals?

THIS IS LONG WINDED!!!!!!

On Friday before the first game on the season I play/sing the following University Michigan songs on the way to work and back home: Entry Cadence (The music the Band enters the stadium to), The Michigan Fan Fare. I also sing “The Yellow and Blue’, ‘Let’s Go Blue’, and ‘The Victors”, I then repeat these songs every day on the way to work and back home until the last game of the regular season. If we go to a Bowl game, I take a break and do what I call Bowl Game practice, where I either sing these songs during a morning or afternoon trip to work/home. I also have a short version of these songs that I practice on the morning/afternoon that I don’t sing the full songs.

After the regular season or after the Bowl Game I start Winter Conditioning: which is every Friday I either sing the full version or short version of these songs during the morning/afternoon trip to work/home. When spring practice comes I do to the same practice as my Bowl game practice. After spring practice, I start Summer Workouts (No coaching staff allowed, don’t need the NCAA snooping around :cop: ). At the start of Fall Camp I do the same as Bowl game practice and Spring practice.

I wear a Blue UM football jersey, Blue UM hat, Blue socks, and Blue belt on Friday before home games, on Saturday of game day, and Monday. On road games I wear a White UM football jersey, White UM hat, Blue socks, and Blue belt on Friday, Saturday, and Monday. WIN OR LOSE.

On Friday morning before game day I drink from my "Hail to the Victors", cup on Saturday morning I drink from my "Let's Go Blue" cup. During the game I watch it as follows: I start the first UM series in the family room watching, if the team does well in the first series I remain in the family room for the next series, if both offense and defense do well that’s where I watch the game. If the offense or defense starts doing poorly, I switch to the living room to watch either the offense or defense. Then return to the family room to watch the other squad when it’s their series. If things start going really bad, I will go to my “Coaching spots”: watching the family room TV from the hallway or kitchen or if I'm watching the living room TV I watch from the hallway or front door. I also call penalties on the opposing team before the snap of the ball. Believe me this works; I don't care what my wife says. If it's really going bad or we need one stop to win the game or a TD or field goal the win, I will space back and forth in front on the TV. I also have my radio on or my computer tuned into the UM radio or Internet broadcast to listen to the team announcers, with the TV volume turned off.

If I'm at the Big House, which I am for most of the home games, I will shift in my seat to simulate my at home coaching spots and I will call the same penalties against the opposing team. Now, my wife says that none of my, as she calls them "Silly Rituals" work, then I ask her to explain the '97 NC we share you guys, the 2003 100th game against osu, the 2004 UM MSU triple over time game, the game against MSU when I forgot to pack my cups - AND WE LOST!!!!!, hummm??????

God, I love UM !!!!!! I'm sure you have some nuts like me.....I hope. :)

Believe me this works; I don't care what my wife says.

Now, my wife says that none of my, as she calls them "Silly Rituals" work, then I ask her to explain the '97 NC we share you guys, the 2003 100th game against osu, the 2004 UM MSU triple over time game, the game against MSU when I forgot to pack my cups - AND WE LOST!!!!!, hummm??????

Apparently you have really been f***ing up your rituals the last several seasons...

You really hit a 3 pointer on that. It seems ever since Rich Rod was hired my rituals have not worked. :grr I'm hoping that with Hoke as the HC and him bringing back Michigan's traditions, my rituals and traditions which I performed during his time as an assistant coach will began to work again. :thumbs

you made my ritual look scrarily simple. I get all dressed in my hot babe husker gear, grab the red cooler and the white cooler, put ice in them but nothing in them. Then we start the 50 mile commute from home to stadium. THe first cd is nothing but 70s music(early 70s) because that is when we won 2 NC, then we head out on the highway, stopping for an big Americano, drive 30 miles stop at the Seward gas station and getting the 44ounce Miller High Life- one for everyone in the car. Drink it in the paper bag. Enjoy the"champaign of beers" on the way to favorite beer cave to fill the coolers full of dos equis amber, stella, and blue moon. The other cooler is for water and mixers. Grab some coctail cups and stirrers and garish material, and its time to head to our spot

You really hit a 3 pointer on that. It seems ever since Rich Rod was hired my rituals have not worked. :grr I'm hoping that with Hoke as the HC and him bringing back Michigan's traditions, my rituals and traditions which I performed during his time as an assistant coach will began to work again. :thumbs

I got a feeling that with Hoke your rituals will start to work again. Worked for them aztec fans and their rituals never work!

My rituals are....

I think about Husker football almost constantly, wear Husker gear almost constantly, relive Husker plays all the time..Thanks YouTube....almost constantly, count down the minutes from game to game, suffer the pain of losses and thrill in the glory of wins for week long intervals, get all fired up when dreaming up all the ways a game or a season could go the Huskers way. Oh, and I drink from Husker cups, adorn my living room in everything Husker red and sing There's Just No Place Like Nebraska on random days in all months of the year. I don't have a lot of superstitions, but I tend to scream a lot at the TV when the game is going against my team and, when in public, I just get a sick feeling if we start losing, especially if the other team is pounding us, see 2001 at CU or 2004 at T-Tech. I LIVE for Husker football, and, IMHO, Memorial Stadium on a Fall Saturday is one of those most beautiful sights on the earth.

P.S. The Tunnel Walk gives me CHILLS every time.

My rituals are....

I think about Husker football almost constantly, wear Husker gear almost constantly, relive Husker plays all the time..Thanks YouTube....almost constantly, count down the minutes from game to game, suffer the pain of losses and thrill in the glory of wins for week long intervals, get all fired up when dreaming up all the ways a game or a season could go the Huskers way. Oh, and I drink from Husker cups, adorn my living room in everything Husker red and sing There's Just No Place Like Nebraska on random days in all months of the year. I don't have a lot of superstitions, but I tend to scream a lot at the TV when the game is going against my team and, when in public, I just get a sick feeling if we start losing, especially if the other team is pounding us, see 2001 at CU or 2004 at T-Tech. I LIVE for Husker football, and, IMHO, Memorial Stadium on a Fall Saturday is one of those most beautiful sights on the earth.

P.S. The Tunnel Walk gives me CHILLS every time.

Pretty much the same feelings here. When watching the game at home w/friends, the minute the broadcast for the game comes on the 'small talk' stops. The year we played Mizzou on Thursday night, I had to go to the bedroom and watch because we were playing like crap and 'small talk' had started up. Lets just say we du started to comeback, when I moved my butt to other room. Usually the a couple days before the game, I try finding video on our upcoming opponents especially bigger opponents like Mizzou, OU, Texas and try dissect their weakness, how to attack.

I have been known to be "in the zone", "extremely intensed/focused", and a "crazy" SOB during husker games.

Also, apparently some family/friends have scheduled a WEDDINGS this year during the Washington/Wyoming games. I informed the bride that her wedding must start at 2pm for the Wyoming game, so I can get home in time for the game. I also made it clear to the family member getting married the weekend of Washington game, that her wedding time must not be set until the TV times for that game have been announced. I basically told her that she is marrying into a football family and that scheduling a wedding during a football saturday is a sin. The reason given was that it was the only weekend that was open, ya think. :facepalm:

Both thought I was kidding, both dont give a rat a** about football.

I wear my lucky husker shirt. If they win I keep it out of the laundry until they lose and wear it each week. Now that I work weekends I wear it under my work clothes every sat.

I kinda like this. Mind if I incorporate it, hskerholic?

With me it's not so much ritual, as preparations leading up to the game: First, I let my daughter and wife know days ahead of time that the TV room will unavailable to them on Saturday during game time. That is, unless they want to watch the game, which they sometimes do. I check the fridge to make sure ample supply of Killion's Red is on hand. Also make sure there's a bottle of bourbon on hand--just in case things go south in the game and I need to start some serious drinking. I generally check HB for last minute news and banter. I print out the roster and depth chart for both teams, the Huskers and the team we're gonna kick to the curb that day. Make sure my cell phone is charged for gametime calls/texts to my Husker pals in Nebraska, KC and Washington DC. Right before the game I move my viewing chair front and center, about 6 feet from the TV. (Woe unto anyone who walks in front of me during a play. Or dares to touch the remote control.) In the minutes leading up to the game I sometimes watch old youtube Husker game clips or the tunnel walk to get fired up. Come gametime I'm ready to rock and roll!!! But if the network misses our kickoff so they can show the last minutes of some other jackass game, ohhhh man, I swear continuously like a drunken sailor with turrets syndrome until the Husker game comes on.