Obama to announce Osama is dead

Yeah, I agree that most of us can. Also, most of the wingnut conspiracy theorists are going to cry foul no matter what information is released, so that shouldn't be a hindrance to the facts.

I have no idea why they initially reported there was a 40-minute firefight. There is no way SEALs engaged in a 40-minute firefight with four guys. Locals on the scene said they heard gunfire for a few minutes - that jives quite a bit more with what we know about how efficiently SEALs operate than 40 minutes of gun battle.

I don't think anyone is going to condemn America for going in and killing this guy. They know what he did to us and there shouldn't be a rational, sober person on this planet who didn't realize what was going to happen to him when we found him. Anyone crying over "international law" and "was this legal" needs to wake up.

Who is Alex Jones? I hate to sound like I'm uninformed, but I've never heard of him. Aside from being charming and apparently talking into a microphone, what's his claim to fame?

He's a conspiracy theorist. Not really worth knowing who he is. I sometimes watch his show for the lulz.

Now the hand-wringing begins. The big question: Was The Killing of bin Laden Legal?

Who. Freaking. Cares.

I get that we're a nation ruled by law, and that we are supposed to be acting like "the good guys." In this instance, I couldn't care less what happened in that room when the SEALs broke in. I don't care if he was armed or unarmed, asleep or awake, reading a book or taking a crap. They put a bullet in his chest and they put a bullet in his brain. He likely died within seconds. He deserved far worse.

The United Nations Security Council says it was legal... good enough for me.

Way too many different stories going around. To me if they released the photos more people would shut up. Obviously not everyone would be convinced that the photo is real, but that isn't what matters. If we release all the information, that's all we can do. If the people still don't believe they never would have anyway, but you cannot keep things hidden. We shot him in the dome, releasing a photo wouldn't just set the people over the edge. Everyone already hates us.

Jock, it's really simple. If Osama isn't dead, he just has to release one of his cute little videos.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one, though. You might be waiting for a long.....................................................................

.................................................................... long time.

Way too many different stories going around. To me if they released the photos more people would shut up. Obviously not everyone would be convinced that the photo is real, but that isn't what matters. If we release all the information, that's all we can do. If the people still don't believe they never would have anyway, but you cannot keep things hidden. We shot him in the dome, releasing a photo wouldn't just set the people over the edge. Everyone already hates us.

Kind of like how the release of Obama's birth certificate shut the birthers up?

Or how releasing live video and pictures of the moon landing shut up the moon hoax whackjobs. Or the Zapruder film (and multiple accompanying analyses) shut up the Kennedy conspiracy whackjobs. It won't ever end. The photos get released and we'll have people claiming they're photoshopped. There will always be an excuse, always something.

But here's the bigger problem with releasing photos. It's going to get innocents killed around the world. You can say, "But they already hate us, they'll do it anyway." Not so much. The people who hate us have hated us for years beyond count. But as we have seen very recently, they'll use any excuse to go on a bloody rampage, and innocents die. Releasing photos is going to get people killed. It's not worth it.

Or how releasing live video and pictures of the moon landing shut up the moon hoax whackjobs. Or the Zapruder film (and multiple accompanying analyses) shut up the Kennedy conspiracy whackjobs. It won't ever end. The photos get released and we'll have people claiming they're photoshopped. There will always be an excuse, always something.

But here's the bigger problem with releasing photos. It's going to get innocents killed around the world. You can say, "But they already hate us, they'll do it anyway." Not so much. The people who hate us have hated us for years beyond count. But as we have seen very recently, they'll use any excuse to go on a bloody rampage, and innocents die. Releasing photos is going to get people killed. It's not worth it.

As I said at least we aren't hiding information. There are always going to be people who speculate. You actually think there is nothing in American History where we never lied or did something inhumane?

What the hell have we been doing in Iraq/Afghanistan for 10 years? We haven't accomplished much besides having soldiers killed, but WAIT! We killed 1 person that was important to THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of our own soldiers. We also killed THOUSANDS of innocent people over there that had nothing to do with 9/11. So do we have to stay there for the rest of time to patrol their people? Our military could take theirs out in a weeks time. We hear a small rumor that a country has weapons of mass destruction! And we blow them up. Your right, it will never end, always something.

Also wouldn't hurt if the government had their information straight. We have switched the story so much that people are like WTF did we really do? This goes way beyond conspiracy theories. If you were getting questioned before a judge and switched your story 5-10 times, what would they say? Obama needs to go on TV and tell everyone what the hell happened in full.

Jock, it's really simple. If Osama isn't dead, he just has to release one of his cute little videos.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one, though. You might be waiting for a long.....................................................................

.................................................................... long time.

Obama its simple............just show us the picture and all of the speculation would be over. The end!

So killing bin Laden wasn't going to get innocent people killed in the future but a photo of his dead body will. Al Qaeda is going to retaliate to any one any where whether theres a picture or not, they've been doing that for decades. Al Qaeda is probably already planning some sort of retaliation against America and/or other countries around the world making their presence well know that Al Qaeda still lives even if bin Laden is dead so why would a photo make things any worse. Al Qaeda has been terrorising several different countries for decades with bin Laden alive killing innocent people, prime example is 9/11.

Do I hope that Osama bin Laden is dead? Yes. Do I know that Osama bin Laden is dead? No because I haven't seen any solid evidence yet besides he/she said this and that. A lot of people don't want to see the photos which is fine theres nothing wrong with that but their are several other who do for their own reasons.

Obama its simple............just show us the picture and all of the speculation would be over. The end!

So killing bin Laden wasn't going to get innocent people killed in the future but a photo of his dead body will. Al Qaeda is going to retaliate to any one any where whether theres a picture or not, they've been doing that for decades. Al Qaeda is probably already planning some sort of retaliation against America and/or other countries around the world making their presence well know that Al Qaeda still lives even if bin Laden is dead so why would a photo make things any worse. Al Qaeda has been terrorising several different countries for decades with bin Laden alive killing innocent people, prime example is 9/11.

Do I hope that Osama bin Laden is dead? Yes. Do I know that Osama bin Laden is dead? No because I haven't seen any solid evidence yet besides he/she said this and that. A lot of people don't want to see the photos which is fine theres nothing wrong with that but their are several other who do for their own reasons.

If innocents around the world start getting killed in revenge for bin Laden, that'll be your proof right there, won't it? The bad guys will be acknowledging that we got him by reprisal killings.

I've already pointed out how showing the pictures won't answer the questions you're asking. Show a picture and the claim will be it was photoshopped. Just look at the moon landing pictures/video, or the Zapruder film.

A better method would be to talk to the soldiers & sailors who were on board ship and who know firsthand what they saw. Only the most diehard wingnuts would doubt them, right?

As I said at least we aren't hiding information. There are always going to be people who speculate. You actually think there is nothing in American History where we never lied or did something inhumane?

What the hell have we been doing in Iraq/Afghanistan for 10 years? We haven't accomplished much besides having soldiers killed, but WAIT! We killed 1 person that was important to THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of our own soldiers. We also killed THOUSANDS of innocent people over there that had nothing to do with 9/11. So do we have to stay there for the rest of time to patrol their people? Our military could take theirs out in a weeks time. We hear a small rumor that a country has weapons of mass destruction! And we blow them up. Your right, it will never end, always something.

To the bold, I have no idea where you came up with that from what I wrote. Care to explain?

As for what we've been doing in those countries..... that's a question best answered by president Bush. Afghanistan makes sense - that's where our intelligence corps figured he was hiding.

People do believe the Gov't on everything. Really when do politicians ever tell you the truth, it's very rare when they do. Thats why I'm always skeptical on things that they tell us. I'm just not dumb about it, do your own research on the issue. Look at both sides and decide for yourself. This country is run by the corporate powers who own it and they control the process. If you want the truth you must search for it. If we all knew the truth believe me this world would be a lot more different and peaceful.

Edward Louis Bernays

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."

Benito Mussolini, Fascist dictator of Italy

"Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism'. I'm afraid, based on my own long experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."

Sen. Huey Long

"Fascism is capitalism in decay."

Nikolai Lenin