Obama to announce Osama is dead

There are actually pictures of his body on the internet, but I don;t know if they can be posted on here.

I saw them too. Just google "Osama Bin Laden body". It's a head shot...but I've read where the CIA is saying it's fake. It does look like a bad photoshopped image

walksalone, he's been dead for how long?

By the way, reports on the pictures of Osama post-death.

I'm not sure it's the right thing to do, to parade these kinds of pictures around. Hopefully the government shuts this down. No, Osama does not deserve even a shred of respect, but this is a bit more than that. We're supposed to be above this sort of thing, don't you think?

I don't have any problem with posting pictures of this. As knapplc pointed out, confirmation and proof of his death is crucial in this scenario.

Furthermore, when it comes to publishing photos in the media, a lot of it comes down to ethical standards. Do you choose to publish a picture of a grieving family holding a dead child, or not? Do you choose to publish a picture of a monk self-immolating himself, or not? Those are both ethical problems that journalists and editors face at times.

All that said, Osama bin Laden was a monster. People will want to see this for themselves and in my opinion they should see it for themselves. This guy is responsible for the most horrific event in American history. It goes beyond being "above" anything. It's purely, and simply, about seeing for ourselves the death of the most wanted man in the world.

There are actually pictures of his body on the internet, but I don;t know if they can be posted on here.

I saw them too. Just google "Osama Bin Laden body". It's a head shot...but I've read where the CIA is saying it's fake. It does look like a bad photoshopped image

Yes, it doesn't look right. His head looks pulled from the rest of his body and too large. More than likely that photo is a fake.

No photos have been released or leaked. Anything you're seeing is a fake.

The SEALs took the on-site photos and carried the body out. They wouldn't leak anything.

The pilots were busy flying the choppers. They wouldn't have the opportunity to leak anything.

When they landed in the compound, high-level CIA officials took possession of the body. They wouldn't leak anything.

From this point on, if not while aboard the evac choppers, the body would be in a sealed bag until it was photographed for ID.

The body went, apparently, out to a ship nearly immediately, all the while in the custody of the CIA. The pilots of that aircraft wouldn't have had the opportunity to take photos, either.

On-board ship, the body would have immediately been taken to a private room to begin DNA test process (if this wasn't started in the compound). No sailors would have had the opportunity to snap photos of the body. This is the most likely place any photos would be taken for ID purposes, as it would be a controlled environment with the best lighting.

After ID photos/video and DNA samples were removed, the body would have been given full religious rites appropriate to Islam custom, and buried at sea, all the while under the watchful eyes of several highly-ranked CIA apparatchiks.

I really don't see much of an opportunity to have taken photos. From the time he received his hot lead injection until the time he became fish food, bin Laden would have been in the possession of either SEALs or the CIA. Neither of them would leak pics to the internet.

Just heard that they confirmed the DNA belonged to Scottie Pippen.

Too Soon?

I don't know about "too soon," but if that's a joke, I don't get the reference.

0501-osama-bin-laden-bn.jpgscottie_pippen.jpg

There is a bit of resemblance, no?

I'm not some conspiracy guy or someone who hates America, but this whole situation is sketchy.

1)Why was the body dumped so quick? (Don't tell me that we wanted to "follow the rules and customs").

2 This marks the 3rd time that Osama has been considered "dead." 1st 2nd <---she was assassinated 1 month later, and now he's dead again.

Again, I'm proud to be an American. I'm not saying these things are true, but it is sketchy to me.

I'm not some conspiracy guy or someone who hates America, but this whole situation is sketchy.

1)Why was the body dumped so quick? (Don't tell me that we wanted to "follow the rules and customs").

2 This marks the 3rd time that Osama has been considered "dead." 1st 2nd <---she was assassinated 1 month later, and now he's dead again.

Again, I'm proud to be an American. I'm not saying these things are true, but it is sketchy to me.

Agree. Im wondering how much of this was actually staged for the sake of TV audience. Remember when we took over Baghdad???? Umm well, that was all staged. The perimeter of the city was secured 4 days before the the tanks rolled in and we knocked the statue down. I dont have first hand knowledge, but was told recently from someone who was there that was actually what went down.

Why I ask is video coverage of inside the compound being released to news outlets. The special forces and Navy seals are a heroic bunch, alot of what they do is really secertive and incognitio, the stuff the public doesnt need to know about. Most dont even want to be recognize for what they have accomplished, they look at it as an everyday job.

Sorry to disobey orders sarge, but that's exactly why. Islamic law states that a body is to be buried within a day of passing. Obama said something along the lines of "we're not at war with Islam, we're at war with terrorism, so we aren't going to disrespect their law"

I think this boils down to who you consider to be credible sources. In your first link, Fox News cites a Taliban leader as saying bin Laden is dead. You have to ask yourself if you think a Taliban leader might have ulterior motives for announcing that his ally is dead - maybe to stop people from looking for him?

Second, your Bhutto video was debunked, and even says so on the video itself. She was wrong, and she admitted it. I don't know why you'd even bring that up.

Personally, I'll take the word of Navy SEALs over the Taliban and/or Benazir Bhutto.

Why won't they just release a Long Form Death Certificate? (Of course, if they do I will claim that it's a fake.)

• Fire 1

Agree. Im wondering how much of this was actually staged for the sake of TV audience. Remember when we took over Baghdad???? Umm well, that was all staged. The perimeter of the city was secured 4 days before the the tanks rolled in and we knocked the statue down. I dont have first hand knowledge, but was told recently from someone who was there that was actually what went down.

Why I ask is video coverage of inside the compound being released to news outlets. The special forces and Navy seals are a heroic bunch, alot of what they do is really secertive and incognitio, the stuff the public doesnt need to know about. Most dont even want to be recognize for what they have accomplished, they look at it as an everyday job.

Except that the raid wasn't televised, nor has camera footage of the raid been leaked. The ABC video from inside the compound was taken a day after the raid. That doesn't have anything to do with the SEALs.

Make some good points people won't be satisfied no matter what on some accounts. All I have to say is I have the up most respect for the soldiers of the United States, but for the people who were/are in charge of them...Clinton, Bush, and Obama. I don't.