Munson's Thoughts: Not an elite year?

Everyone remembers Ndamukong Suh, especially Jared Crick. The two were part of the nastiest defensive lines in Nebraska’s football history. Both had ways to just take over games back in 2009.

Case in point was the 2010 Big XII Championship against Texas for Suh. Suh amassed ten solo tackles, 12 total tackles and 4.5 sacks. The name alone still causes nausea and vomiting to Texas fans and Colt McCoy.

For Crick you have to go back to the Baylor game in Waco in 2009. While Suh deserves some credit for allowing Crick the ability to make some plays that day, his individual effort should not be over looked. Crick finished the day with 13 total tackles, seven tackles for loss and five sacks.

Immediately after Suh was drafted in the first round by the Detroit Lions, there was speculation that Crick was just as good. According to Suh, he could even be better.

That’s a tall order.

Continue reading...

took place on December 4, 2009

Good read. Kind of shuts up those critics of his. Hopefully if Steinkuhler will live up to the expectations, Crick could get a free hand into greatness. Remember it takes two to tango.

Steinkuhler had better start living up to those expectations or he's going to find himself watching from the sidelines. We have sick talent at DT, and we're solid four-deep. This is an embarrassment of riches, this is:

1st String: Crick/Steinkuhler

2nd String: Moore/Randle

3rd String: Rome/Guy

4th String: Peat/Williams

Rankings are speculation on my part, of course, but I'm confident that any of those top six guys could come in and perform admirably this year. Those are some heavy hitters, and Baby Stein had best play like he wants the job. If he does, look for Crick and EMart/Stache to wreak havoc all year.

Now I may not agree with your feelings towards the qb situation, but your depth at D-tackle is right-on. It kinda makes my heart pitter-patter a bit seeing those names on paper. We've got CRAZY depth on the d-line and I can't wait to see those boys in action. Seems like a "jump on or get the hell out of the way" kind of group.

Now I may not agree with your feelings towards the qb situation, but your depth at D-tackle is right-on. It kinda makes my heart pitter-patter a bit seeing those names on paper. We've got CRAZY depth on the d-line and I can't wait to see those boys in action. Seems like a "jump on or get the hell out of the way" kind of group.

If it helps, I really don't care about the offensive side of the ball. They're nice and all, but I just want them to get the hell off the field so the Blackshirts can come back out and terrorize the other team again.

If it helps, I really don't care about the offensive side of the ball. They're nice and all, but I just want them to get the hell off the field so the Blackshirts can come back out and terrorize the other team again.

Well said. In the past decade my favorite season was '09 for that very reason. 3 and out? Screw it. Bring on the D-Fense!

Everyone remembers Ndamukong Suh, especially Jared Crick. The two were part of the nastiest defensive lines in Nebraska’s football history. Both had ways to just take over games back in 2009.

Case in point was the 2010 Big XII Championship against Texas for Suh. Suh amassed ten solo tackles, 12 total tackles and 4.5 sacks. The name alone still causes nausea and vomiting to Texas fans and Colt McCoy.

For Crick you have to go back to the Baylor game in Waco in 2009. While Suh deserves some credit for allowing Crick the ability to make some plays that day, his individual effort should not be over looked. Crick finished the day with 13 total tackles, seven tackles for loss and five sacks.

Immediately after Suh was drafted in the first round by the Detroit Lions, there was speculation that Crick was just as good. According to Suh, he could even be better.

That’s a tall order.

Continue reading...

took place on December 4, 2009

Yeah Nebraska really got Munsoned that day.

Orignally committed to Iowa, switched to nebraska in October, then in December of 2007 he switched back to Iowa for good.

A South Dakota boy who also was a hell ofa wrestler. That was part of the reason he first committed to Iowa before pulling the ol' double switcheroo. Wonder whatever came about from his little :cop: incident a year or two ago. Believe it was alcohol or maybe sex assault, can't remember off the top of my head. Pretty sure it was an alcohol issue though.

Good read. Kind of shuts up those critics of his. Hopefully if Steinkuhler will live up to the expectations, Crick could get a free hand into greatness. Remember it takes two to tango.

Steinkuhler had better start living up to those expectations or he's going to find himself watching from the sidelines. We have sick talent at DT, and we're solid four-deep. This is an embarrassment of riches, this is:

1st String: Crick/Steinkuhler

2nd String: Moore/Randle

3rd String: Rome/Guy

4th String: Peat/Williams

Rankings are speculation on my part, of course, but I'm confident that any of those top six guys could come in and perform admirably this year. Those are some heavy hitters, and Baby Stein had best play like he wants the job. If he does, look for Crick and EMart/Stache to wreak havoc all year.

Kinda reminiscent of Grant Wistrom and the boys eh?

Jared Crick had 9.5 sacks last year only 4 DT's in college football had more.

Nick Fairley at Auburn had 11.5

Logan Harrell at Fresno State had 10.5

Brandon Lindsey at Pitt had 10.0

Roosevelt Nix at Kent State had 10.0

Looks elite to me - especially considering the level of competition Harrell, Lindsey and Nix were playing against.