Tyler Gabbert quits MethU

LMFAO!!! Who actually went and ranked this thread? A butthurt Mizzou fan? frodaddy perhaps?

What in the hell have I ever done in my time on this board to give you the impression that I would do that?

The only "butthurt" ones are the NE fans still pouting and upset about a player decomitting. Funny how those same ones that cry about "what poor family standards and morals" when someone leaves your school praise others as "smart and making the best decision for themselves" when they decommit from others to join the huskers. :facepalm: Heads up there fellas...it not only makes you a hypocrite, it also makes you a tool... :thumbs

You want my thoughts on this? Well here you go, One of the two were going to transfer, Franklin or Gabbert. Thats what happens when you recruit high level QB's consistanly. He is not the first and will not be the last to leave MU when he doesnt get the starting gig at QB. Hurt I am not, Care I do not. They only thing that suprised me at all was the timing. The QB race was far from over and instead of gutting it out over the summer 7 on 7 and fall camp to win the job he packed tail and is leaving. Good for him. He decicided the threat of lossing the job and losing another year of playing time was not worth it. His choice. The only thing I care about is getting good players and playing those who are the best of that bunch.

I didnt play college ball so I wouldnt know what its like to play a position where only one kid gets on the field and if your not the guy you might never get to play, especially when you could play at another school. Truth is almost none of us do. Very few of you on this board have any idea what its like to feel the pressure of picking a school for athletics. To have your peers ask and pressure you everyday about what school, stay at the home school, go to this school. Yeah these kids have it great, they get to continue playing when most of us are forced to hang it up. I have witnessed a number of tough S.O.B.'s cry in the locker room after their last game knowing they would never strap up again. So I dont feel sorry for the kids and the great opportunities they get, including a free education. However, it just strikes a cord on me when a bunch of 30 year-old men, half of which i bet never even played the sport, continue to rip on a bunch of 17-18 year-old boys. I have never got it and I never will.

• Fire 6

However, it just strikes a cord on me when a bunch of 30 year-old men, half of which i bet never even played the sport, continue to rip on a bunch of 17-18 year-old boys. I have never got it and I never will.

I think you are grossly over estimating the average age on this board. I'm only 29.

LMFAO!!! Who actually went and ranked this thread? A butthurt Mizzou fan? frodaddy perhaps?

What in the hell have I ever done in my time on this board to give you the impression that I would do that?

The only "butthurt" ones are the NE fans still pouting and upset about a player decomitting. Funny how those same ones that cry about "what poor family standards and morals" when someone leaves your school praise others as "smart and making the best decision for themselves" when they decommit from others to join the huskers. :facepalm: Heads up there fellas...it not only makes you a hypocrite, it also makes you a tool... :thumbs

You want my thoughts on this? Well here you go, One of the two were going to transfer, Franklin or Gabbert. Thats what happens when you recruit high level QB's consistanly. He is not the first and will not be the last to leave MU when he doesnt get the starting gig at QB. Hurt I am not, Care I do not. They only thing that suprised me at all was the timing. The QB race was far from over and instead of gutting it out over the summer 7 on 7 and fall camp to win the job he packed tail and is leaving. Good for him. He decicided the threat of lossing the job and losing another year of playing time was not worth it. His choice. The only thing I care about is getting good players and playing those who are the best of that bunch.

I didnt play college ball so I wouldnt know what its like to play a position where only one kid gets on the field and if your not the guy you might never get to play, especially when you could play at another school. Truth is almost none of us do. Very few of you on this board have any idea what its like to feel the pressure of picking a school for athletics. To have your peers ask and pressure you everyday about what school, stay at the home school, go to this school. Yeah these kids have it great, they get to continue playing when most of us are forced to hang it up. I have witnessed a number of tough S.O.B.'s cry in the locker room after their last game knowing they would never strap up again. So I dont feel sorry for the kids and the great opportunities they get, including a free education. However, it just strikes a cord on me when a bunch of 30 year-old men, half of which i bet never even played the sport, continue to rip on a bunch of 17-18 year-old boys. I have never got it and I never will.

hulkavl3.jpg

However, it just strikes a cord on me when a bunch of 30 year-old men, half of which i bet never even played the sport, continue to rip on a bunch of 17-18 year-old boys. I have never got it and I never will.

I think you are grossly over estimating the average age on this board. I'm only 29.

:lol:

• Fire 1

just for the record, this clearly runs in their family. it was noted by many that blaine actually called Bo a week or so before signing day asking to rejoin the huskers class and Bo told him no the class is full.

my guess, peer pressure from classmates made them both go to MU and nothing more. its pretty obvious that both of their first choices were NU.

Was Scott Frost ever committed to Nebraska, or was he just a local kid that chose another school, as is completely within his rights?

Zoogies, I don't think Frost ever commited to Nebraska. Of course my only source for recriting back then was the OWH. I think the writers knew he was going to commit to Stanford (to play for Walsh) all along so there were never any hard feelings towards Scott.

hulkavl3.jpg

Seriously? That may have turned out to be a multi-million dollar decision for Gabbert. How many of those have you made in your life?

Amen Fro

I'll admit I was a little butt hurt when Blaine decommitted to go to Mizzou but you couldn't blame the kid since Nebraska fired Callahan. I believe that Nebraska could've won the Big 12 title either or both years in 09' and '10 if Blaine was our Quarterback.

Tyler is a different story where I believe that he played Nebraska the whole time. I think Louiville will work out with Tyler since Watson is there.

Right now I could careless about the teams in the Big 12, they're old news, its all about the Big 10 right now.

You want my thoughts on this? Well here you go, One of the two were going to transfer, Franklin or Gabbert. Thats what happens when you recruit high level QB's consistanly. He is not the first and will not be the last to leave MU when he doesnt get the starting gig at QB. Hurt I am not, Care I do not.

I bag on Pinkel sometimes. Okay, all the time. But one thing I’ll give Pinkel is his ability to recruit QBs. The past 10 years—Brad Smith, Chase Daniel, Blaine Gabbert and now James Franklin. That’s a pretty incredible run of great QBs. But Baby Gabbert would have never seen the field at Mizzou. He's not in the same league with his big brother. And never will be.

Seriously? That may have turned out to be a multi-million dollar decision for Gabbert. How many of those have you made in your life?

Yeah, seriously. There are plenty of kids who make bigger decisions than that when they join the military. So I've made one that I consider bigger than that, how about you?

Yeah, seriously. There are plenty of kids who make bigger decisions than that when they join the military. So I've made one that I consider bigger than that, how about you?

Yep, that's a bigger decision, definitely. But if where a HS FB star goes to college isn't a big decision, why are there so many well-followed recruiting sites, magazines, multi-page threads on kids like Owa, etc? Followers of the game, who's lives truly won't be affected in any meaningful way, spend a lot of time and energy on this, but the kids themselves aren't supposed to?

Clemson just told Tyler Gabbert to take a hike. LINK

Some part of me (the vindictive part) would like to see the Huskers start courting baby Gabbert once again. Slow play him, and drag things along. Then around mid-August tell him that we're not interested after all. buh-bye.

• Fire 1

Clemson just told Tyler Gabbert to take a hike. LINK

Some part of me (the vindictive part) would like to see the Huskers start courting baby Gabbert once again. Slow play him, and drag things along. Then around mid-August tell him that we're not interested after all. buh-bye.

My sentiments exactly, just because it would be fun. Juvenile as hell, but I'm the first to admit it.