Tyler Gabbert quits MethU

Wow... if the Gabbert parents don't take a look at themselves and look to see if the things that have unfolded with both of their children are indicative of something, then they're terribly naive.

Blaine went #10 in the draft. I think they're ok with his decision to decommit from a team that fired its coach and how it all unfolded after that. Looking at our O-line the last 4 years, I think they are more than ok with it. And Tyler is far from the first QB to transfer when he didn't get to start. Frost and Ferragamo are two familiar ones that come to mind.

Wow... if the Gabbert parents don't take a look at themselves and look to see if the things that have unfolded with both of their children are indicative of something, then they're terribly naive.

Blaine went #10 in the draft. I think they're ok with his decision to decommit from a team that fired its coach and how it all unfolded after that. Looking at our O-line the last 4 years, I think they are more than ok with it. And Tyler is far from the first QB to transfer when he didn't get to start. Frost and Ferragamo are two familiar ones that come to mind.

That's all fine and good, but when both of your sons talk about their strong word and family values, and once committing start trying to recruit other players to your school, then back out, de-commit and go to a different school, when the school you de-committed to has a very close family friend that you're leaving hanging, there's something not right.

I think Tyler knows that since Blainer is gone no one will protect him from getting beat down outside pizza joints in downtown Columbia.

I dilike Blaine, but have always said I can't blame the kid. The coach and offennsive style that fit his skills was going down the crapper, might as well look for what was gonna be best for him. My only beef was him trying to get guys to go with him(ie Givens, Hoch, Rippy, Josh Williams).

Tyler was another story. He had the athletic skill set that actually fit with what NU is running today. He bailed on NU, and then went all Benedict Arnold trying to pull other commits away with him(Curtis Carter, and tried others)that runs in the family.

Good riddance Eddie Munster.

While I don't have any real reason at all to defend Gabbert, I was just thinking that it's not unusual or criticism-worthy for a QB who lost a battle for the starting job to transfer and seek his fortunes elsewhere. Sounds like that is what happened to Tyler.

While I don't have any real reason at all to defend Gabbert, I was just thinking that it's not unusual or criticism-worthy for a QB who lost a battle for the starting job to transfer and seek his fortunes elsewhere. Sounds like that is what happened to Tyler.

but i think he sends the wrong message by leaving, he could have stayed and fought his way back to be the starter, must be more to it?....doesn't look good on his rezzy.

Didnt he get into a drunken fight not too long ago..... Maybe he thinks he is in the doghouse because of that.

I remember it was kinda a big deal because he had been on campus maybe 6 months before it happen.

Yeah, the punk got punched in the face & got his nose busted. The only reason he left was because the little pu&&y was losing the starting QB battle.

Now he gets to go play for sh!t for brains Shawn Watson. EPIC FAIL!